• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wishing Wells

fitress

Apparently, Wells are no longer being offered - is there a replacement or something similar?

Other than the occasional crafting, is there any way to get Rune Shards?

Are there any more Seed producers planned? Even as quests in the Events, I don't see much, and nothing of import. I'm in Chapter 15 - will seeds not be needed as much going forward? Not that I'm ever going to get out of 15 because of the seeds - catch 22.

At anyone's convenience - none of this is urgent.

Kekune

Apparently, Wells are no longer being offered - is there a replacement or something similar?
There's the genie from the spire. And this event has a new mini- version of a wishing well as the final quest prize.

I haven't seen whole rune shards to craft, just the broken ones. But both are available as tournament rewards for specific rounds and provinces. You also get shards for completing world map provinces and winning chests from someone's AW.

Are there any more Seed producers planned? Even as quests in the Events, I don't see much, and nothing of import. I'm in Chapter 15 - will seeds not be needed as much going forward? Not that I'm ever going to get out of 15 because of the seeds - catch 22.
Yes, seeds are still a pain later. They're much worse in ch17 because you're required to use your trader to produce a new resource, which takes away from seed production. But ch16 is much less demanding on the sentient goods than ch15 is, so at least that's a relief.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Ninja'd by @Kekune and @Enevhar Aldarion , but I'm still posting this because I spent to much time on it to not! :p
The Genie in the Spire seems to be the closest to a replacement we have seen. It is rare, found only in the last chest on the top level of the Spire (10% chance of getting it as a reward) and in the purple Mystery Chest in the Spire (10% chance there as well) that spawns randomly when completing the regular chests in the Spire. It gives diamonds randomly in increments of 50, 100 and 200 and expires after 100 days. There are also chances at winning diamonds by completing other regular Spire chests.
The current Winter event has a new building (1 awarded for completing the last quest available) Goddess of Wishes that provides random rewards including 5% chance of 35 diamonds. It expires after 30 days.
The best source I've found for Runes is the tournaments.
will seeds not be needed as much going forward?
Seeds continue to be needed. The Festival Merchants found in crafting are good seed producers and seem to be the most readily available.

Aritra

Regarding broken rune shards, you can also farm them from AWs that you're not interested in. Place the AW that you don't want (with ring completed). After construction finishes, sell it (important to wait until complete construction beforeselling; canceling construction achieves nothing but wasted time). Then fill again from waiting runes (and others acquired). If a rune duplicates, then instead of going in the slot, it breaks and goes to your broken shard bar. You'd need a plot of land and placement resources to invest to access more broken shards so you can forge the rune you want. Its a bit crude, I think, and potentially costly, but it does provide broken shards for forging (cost v. reward is up to player depending on goal and resources).

I also acquired a ferris wheel from the last event. It will expire in a couple months but until then I'm getting one broken shard a day. (So watch for next opportunity for this building and you can probably get these also--I say probably because don't know if thisp choices is available for later chapters, I'm only in ch.7).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am not sure if you mean rune shards or broken shards. If you want rune shards, they are readily available in the weekly tournaments. You can also win them in events. If you want broken shards, there are multiple ways of getting them. The Magic Academy can craft them. You can also produce broken shards with a Ferris Wheel. There is also a trick you can use to get them. Pick an AW you never plan on using, but which you have lots of runes accumulated for. Build it and then raze it as soon as it is finished. When you do this, the rune wheel for it will be cleared. You can then start inserting your accumulated runes into it. Some of these runes will break and become broken shards. You can use the broken shards for AWs you actually want.

fitress

@Aritra, @Henroo I had quite forgotten about farming the AWs. My last Ferris Wheel expired about a month ago. I haven't noticed them being offered of late. They have possibly gone the way of the Wishing Wells. It's really too bad, because they are/were handy little units to have. I can't see how they would have cut into the profit margin, and I don't remember ever seeing a post that said "Whew! I'm sure glad we got rid of the Wishing Wells!!!"

Excuse my mini rant - thank you both.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Aritra, @Henroo I had quite forgotten about farming the AWs. My last Ferris Wheel expired about a month ago. I haven't noticed them being offered of late. They have possibly gone the way of the Wishing Wells. It's really too bad, because they are/were handy little units to have. I can't see how they would have cut into the profit margin, and I don't remember ever seeing a post that said "Whew! I'm sure glad we got rid of the Wishing Wells!!!"

Excuse my mini rant - thank you both.
Until now a Ferris Wheel was always offered as the prize for completing all of the quests in an event. In the current Winter Magic event, the prize for completing all of the quests is Goddess of Wishes.

tiG23

The ferris wheel has been a prize in the last 2 FAs and the genie is not only at the top of the spire. I got one at the High Halls.

Nyrva

There's the genie from the spire. And this event has a new mini- version of a wishing well as the final quest prize.

I haven't seen whole rune shards to craft, just the broken ones. But both are available as tournament rewards for specific rounds and provinces. You also get shards for completing world map provinces and winning chests from someone's AW.

Yes, seeds are still a pain later. They're much worse in ch17 because you're required to use your trader to produce a new resource, which takes away from seed production. But ch16 is much less demanding on the sentient goods than ch15 is, so at least that's a relief.

I got all the way to the top only to win diamonds. And I couldn't even do that without buying at least $10 USD for Diamonds.

You can't have a chance for the Genie unless you can get to the top, and then it's very iffy. And you have to buy diamonds to actually do it. Because there is absolutely no strategy to the chracters and what you offer them. I've tried for months to figure one out. (Example, tools, stone, or steel to the dwarf guy? Elixir to the sorceress?) The characters and what they want are 100% random. The troops, no matter how you have them, become "paper dolls" and get absolutely shredded by the time you reach High Halls.

Is that the whole point? You're supposed to pay to win?

Kekune

My main city is free to play and has been going to the top of the spire every week for a long time now. For months when I first started going to the top, I did it 100% with catering. It is possible, there is a strategy, and I always profit diamonds. I've never spent more than about 50 diamonds on a week's spire.

It takes time to learn, but there are resources on the forum here that can help you figure it out.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I got all the way to the top only to win diamonds. And I couldn't even do that without buying at least $10 USD for Diamonds.

You can't have a chance for the Genie unless you can get to the top, and then it's very iffy. And you have to buy diamonds to actually do it. Because there is absolutely no strategy to the chracters and what you offer them. I've tried for months to figure one out. (Example, tools, stone, or steel to the dwarf guy? Elixir to the sorceress?) The characters and what they want are 100% random. The troops, no matter how you have them, become "paper dolls" and get absolutely shredded by the time you reach High Halls.

You don't have to buy diamonds to get to the top. I am at the top right now, and I haven't bought diamonds since I started playing (although my son bought me $20 worth as a gift last year for Christmas.) Now I grant you, it costs a lot of goods to cater the spire, and I always cater the top floor. But I look at it as an investment ... a lot of goods for guaranteed diamonds (my fellowship always gets at least to the lab, so that's an automatic 125 diamonds every week, in addition to the ones I earn.) I always have a net gain of at least 100 diamonds per week from spire. I never give diamonds for anything except a sure thing, and never on any spirit that isn't at the door of the next room (ie, treant guy, froggie, and big boss.) If it's too hard to fight without diamonds, just save up enough goods to cater your way to the top. No diamond buying ever needed. Good luck.

Iyapo1

I've never spent more than about 50 diamonds on a week's spire.
You are better than I am, I usually drop 75 diamonds on the spire every week. For some reason I have to bribe the frog with 25 diamonds almost everytime! And the jerk at the very top usually extorts another 50 diamonds. Still, I am in gold and silver spire Fellowships so I always end up ahead.

Nyrva

You don't have to buy diamonds to get to the top. I am at the top right now, and I haven't bought diamonds since I started playing (although my son bought me $20 worth as a gift last year for Christmas.) Now I grant you, it costs a lot of goods to cater the spire, and I always cater the top floor. But I look at it as an investment ... a lot of goods for guaranteed diamonds (my fellowship always gets at least to the lab, so that's an automatic 125 diamonds every week, in addition to the ones I earn.) I always have a net gain of at least 100 diamonds per week from spire. I never give diamonds for anything except a sure thing, and never on any spirit that isn't at the door of the next room (ie, treant guy, froggie, and big boss.) If it's too hard to fight without diamonds, just save up enough goods to cater your way to the top. No diamond buying ever needed. Good luck.

Hello,

So if you can really do this for 50 diamonds, and not like me who had to spend 800 to do it the one time I tried, how is this done?

From my experience, each character in negotiation is random, and what they want is 100% random. And if you place something down, right or wrong, (say 10000 stone), you lose it, period.

You dwindle down resources fast. Troops are no good beyond the first 8 encounters, as they become paper dolls, easily shredded like tissue paper no matter what you use. So what are your secrets? A lot of you who are saying "Oh, I do this so easy!"

Someone linked a YouTube link, but I cannot understand anything the guy is saying on the video, he is very low volume, and not in English (or it doesn't sound like it.) Is there a visual guide somewhere please?

Thank you.

Nyrva

Hello,

So if you can really do this for 50 diamonds, and not like me who had to spend 800 to do it the one time I tried, how is this done?

From my experience, each character in negotiation is random, and what they want is 100% random. And if you place something down, right or wrong, (say 10000 stone), you lose it, period.

You dwindle down resources fast. Troops are no good beyond the first 8 encounters, as they become paper dolls, easily shredded like tissue paper no matter what you use. So what are your secrets? A lot of you who are saying "Oh, I do this so easy!"

Someone linked a YouTube link, but I cannot understand anything the guy is saying on the video, he is very low volume, and not in English (or it doesn't sound like it.) Is there a visual guide somewhere please?

Thank you.

P.S. - This is precisely what I mean. 5 resources against 5 characters. It took 50 diamonds to finish this ONE encounter. If I finish the next 4 then I finish at high halls. Since I only have 70 diamonds, that's not going to happen this week. But just multiply this against how many encounters-- sometimes I get through without spending diamonds, but at least once per 4 encounters, I'm dropping at least 25 on one of them. Especially the end bosses.

Last edited: