• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Witch's Hut options

ElfGunn

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Chapter 5. I have the Witch's Hut at Stage 7, and the info says it's Chapter 2. I have enough RR spells to upgrade it, the info says it would be to Chapter 3.

I'd like to get it to Stage 10. Will there be any future opportunities to get the three artifacts I need? If I upgrade it now, can I use artifacts to evolve it later?

Or should I use the RR spells for something else? Any advice appreciated.

NightshadeCS

I think you should operate on the assumption that there will not be any new evolution artifacts for it. Other than the phoenix and bear pets, none of the other evolving buildings have offered more of the artifacts at a later time.

I know one of the major enticements for the Witch Hut was its excellent population and culture values. It may be worth it to level with RRs, but I am too tired right now to do a per-square analysis on it at your level. Maybe someone else will take a crack at it before I return tomorrow. : )

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I would start with whether you think you will have RR spells collected between chapters to keep leveling it all the way to ch 18+
If you enjoy this building now, it is amazing at higher chapter levels. If you are in a 10 chest tournament fellowship you will have no problem getting those RR spells, crafting blueprints into more.

I hope we get more artifacts, even better would be a universal one. Until then, a stage 7 is high enough to enjoy this building's bonuses

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If there is ever a chance to get more witch artifacts then you will be able to evolve the Witch Hut at a future date. I would not hold my breath on that however. The only buildings where I have seen the chance to win artifacts at later dates for are the Phoenix and Bear buildings. Witch Hut was a stand alone building and for them normally the event they are offered in and the fellowship adventure immediately after the event.

As for upgrading Witch Hut, I would do so. It really shines at higher levels. When you get to the Orcs and Goblins chapter there is a new resource that gets introduced called orcs. A Witch Hut of Orcs level or higher will provide you with orcs. When you get to this point in the game, you will be glad to have kept Witch Hut up to date.

Silver Lady

I love my Witch Hut for lots of reasons, and will be spending the RRs to chapter it up each chapter I hit. In all the cities where I have one. :)

ElfGunn

How does chaptering up work? If I upgrade my Hut now (while in Chap 5), it will go to Chapter 3. If I wait until a later Chapter, will it upgrade to a Chapter higher than 3?

And I do really like my Hut, cuz it gives me frogs everyday.

Silver Lady

How does chaptering up work?

What I mean by chaptering up in that I won my Witch Hut when I was in Chapter 7, so I can use RRs on it to bring it up to Chapter 8, which is the Chapter I’m in now. In this case I get more culture, more people, more frogs and instead of gems I’d get Orcs and still get my 3KP per day.

So each time you chapter up it goes up one chapter from where it is now. So if you won it in chapter 2, it’ll cost you 16 RRs to bring it to chapter 3 and another 16 RR to get it to chapter 4 and so on. You can continue to chapter it up to whatever is your current chapter. When I make it to chapter 9 I plan to chapter the Hut up again so that it stays current to the chapter I’m in.

Hope this makes sense, it’s late for me and my brain is slowing down.

BTW: Chaptering up does NOT affect the stage. So if you have a chapter 4 Hut at stage 8 it will become a chapter 5 Hut still at stage 8.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How does chaptering up work? If I upgrade my Hut now (while in Chap 5), it will go to Chapter 3. If I wait until a later Chapter, will it upgrade to a Chapter higher than 3?

And I do really like my Hut, cuz it gives me frogs everyday.
No, Royal Restoration only upgrades 1 chapter at a time. However if your Witch Hut is ch 3 and you are ch 5 then you could immediately do it again if you have enough Royal Restorations for a 2nd upgrade. The RR upgrade process only takes a few seconds, as opposed to the hours which conventional builder upgrades might take.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I love my witch hut. Even at stage 7 it is a very respectable building and worth its footprint, in my opinion. If I were you, I'd go ahead and upgrade it now, provided it's the best use at present of your royal restorations. Who knows? We may get lucky and get artifacts in the future. While I wouldn't count on it, you never know.

Aritra

I'm seeking a clarification on behalf of @ElfGunn. I realize this thread was a few days ago, but likely/hopefully not too late...

I saw the explanations about upgrading and RR but I didn't see anyone respond to the part when it was said, "And I do really like my Hut, cuz it gives me frogs everyday." With chapter changes come differences in what is produced. For example, @Henroo said (shortly before) that, "When you get to the Orcs and Goblins chapter there is a new resource that gets introduced called orcs." At this time, no more frogs (perhaps sooner, I'm not sure). I'd hate for ElfGunn to use a ton of RR spells and lose the beloved frogs unknowingly. Might choose to let the frogs go, or might choose to halt upgrades at certain chapter (I don't know which) to retain the frogs---but I believe it should be an informed decision if possible.

I'm hoping players with more experience and better articulation can expound on this... :cool:

[update: I was wrong. See below]

Last edited:

Iyapo1

The Witch's hut always gives frogs.

see details for all stages.

Witch’s Hut – 4×4
Ch.TotalPer Tile
icons-units-mc-hr.png
/24h
Supply_small.png
/24h
new-KP-e1542776424869.png
/24h
Population_small_humans.png
/
Population_small_elves.png
Culture_icon.png
/
Culture_icon_elves.png
Population_small_humans.png
/
Population_small_elves.png
Culture_icon.png
/
Culture_icon_elves.png
1 9645562827Stage 1Stage 2
2 11152073345Stage 1Stage 2
3 13362483968Stage 1Stage 2
4 154728104696Stage 1Stage 2
5 1768191151130Stage 1Stage 2
Ch.TotalPer Tile
icons-units-mc-hr.png
/24h
Gds2p1.png
/24h
/24h
6 21710141463191Stage 1Stage 2
7 27313001781286Stage 1Stage 2
Ch.TotalPer Tile
icons-units-mc-hr.png
/24h
icons-orcs-updated.png
/24h
/24h
8 33815602198403Stage 1Stage 2
9 637299040187546Stage 1Stage 2
10 767364048228715Stage 1Stage 2
11 949442059276897Stage 1Stage 2
12 11575460723411,105Stage 1Stage 2
13 14176630894141,339Stage 1Stage 2
14 171680601075041,586Stage 1Stage 2
15 205496201286011,716Stage 1Stage 2
16 2470115701547231,768Stage 1Stage 2
All values listed are for Stage 5. Click any chapter row to expand and see values for all stages.

Gath Of Baal

I just checked and every evolution of the Witches Hut gives frogs, with every evolution giving more frogs per collection.

Players can check what each evolution will add to the Witches hut or any evolving building by entering the building and clicking the evolve tab then you and slide through and check each level

Aritra

I just checked and every evolution of the Witches Hut gives frogs, with every evolution giving more frogs per collection.

Players can check what each evolution will add to the Witches hut or any evolving building by entering the building and clicking the evolve tab then you and slide through and check each level
My bad. I thought mine didn't have frogs, and I was so sure that I didn't check first (I should have). I meant well.... Good news for @ElfGunn

(I'm not military, so I tend to ignore things that don't apply to me/becomes white noise. I really didn't think they were still there, though... :rolleyes: )

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My bad. I thought mine didn't have frogs, and I was so sure that I didn't check first (I should have). I meant well.... Good news for @ElfGunn

(I'm not military, so I tend to ignore things that don't apply to me/becomes white noise. I really didn't think they were still there, though... :rolleyes: )
Even though you are cater based, keep in mind that if you get an event quest that requires you to "train a large amount of troop" that collecting Frogs from the Witch Hut will count.

Aritra

Even though you are cater based, keep in mind that if you get an event quest that requires you to "train a large amount of troop" that collecting Frogs from the Witch Hut will count.
Somehow, I do remember then. I probably never thought of them as Frogs--just, there's stuff here that counts, how much do I have coming?
When I'm calculating for production in the armory, I see how long until the Hut is ready (because you can't booster it) and factor in it's contribution before committing more supplies than necessary to avoid unnecessary barracks productions. (Also, bud sorceresses from Golem)

ElfGunn

Thanks Aritra and all for weighing in.

From reading in other threads, I have the impression that some buildings change (or perhaps add on) what they produce as later chapters are reached. I've decided to defer an upgrade on the Witch's Hut for awhile.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks Aritra and all for weighing in.

From reading in other threads, I have the impression that some buildings change (or perhaps add on) what they produce as later chapters are reached. I've decided to defer an upgrade on the Witch's Hut for awhile.
It sounds like you are planning to advance several levels and then do 1 big upgrade to Witch Hut. This won't work. When you do an upgrade to a building like Witch Hut, it only upgrades it 1 chapter at a time. So if you have advanced 3 chapters in the game, you will then need to do 3 different upgrades to Witch Hut to catch it up. There really is no good reason to defer an upgrade to Witch Hut. You would be better off to go ahead an upgrade it a chapter at a time as you move through the game. That way you will be able to take advantage of increased production with each new chapter.

ElfGunn

It sounds like you are planning to advance several levels and then do 1 big upgrade to Witch Hut. This won't work. When you do an upgrade to a building like Witch Hut, it only upgrades it 1 chapter at a time. So if you have advanced 3 chapters in the game, you will then need to do 3 different upgrades to Witch Hut to catch it up. There really is no good reason to defer an upgrade to Witch Hut. You would be better off to go ahead an upgrade it a chapter at a time as you move through the game. That way you will be able to take advantage of increased production with each new chapter.
Haha...the truth is, those RR spells are burning a hole in my pocket. I can use the extra frogs that come with the upgrade.