• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

With Chrome 71 what is the fix for permanently enabling flash player.

Now on version 71 of chrome, this experimental feature (EphemeralFlashPermission) has been removed, meaning every f..ing time I want to play this game I have to enable flasher player via two part clicking and one gets to do it with every land you are in and you get to do it over and over and over.

Isn't HTML only on beta? I admit that I haven't enabled HTML in BETA recently. The last time I tried HTML, it was not up to par.

Okay - so apparently HTML is on all the servers...who knew...guess time to try it again. I know HTML doesn't work on my iPad.

Last edited:

DeletedUser16147

Ok, I was using html5 version but whenever I reached the 6th tent in the tournament my game would lock up when I battled. I was fine when I was catering. So I switched back to flash version, and it fixed that problem but now I have to activate flash every time I log in. Also, on both the flash and html 5 versions I have to enter my user name and password every time I log in. Remember me doesn't work. What a PITA. I put in a ticket and the "canned" response was for me to clear my cache. Wow! Like I didn't think of that.
I have been getting kind of board with this game and now with all these issues, I'm wondering if it isn't time to move on.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Flash issue is solely with Google and their Chrome browser. It will probably not be too much longer before they stop supporting Flash at all and anything that requires it will no longer work, making you use a different browser, til those other companies do the same thing. This is why you can now play using HTML5, because Flash is dying and Innno knew they had to keep the game playable.

bkbajb

Now on version 71 of chrome, this experimental feature (EphemeralFlashPermission) has been removed, meaning every f..ing time I want to play this game I have to enable flasher player via two part clicking and one gets to do it with every land you are in and you get to do it over and over and over.

Yea, those 2 seconds it takes are an eternity.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You don't enable HTML 5 in Chrome, it is available by default. You enable it in the game.
upload_2018-12-30_13-50-14.png

shimmerfly

When I use that setting in chrome I can't log in at all and have to go to another server to get back in the game....it gets stuck on 15 and won't go further.
Nice to see you @Ashrem still writing? Can we read something? pretty please with sprinkles.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When I use that setting in chrome I can't log in at all and have to go to another server to get back in the game....it gets stuck on 15 and won't go further.
Sometimes it loads slowly, and I find that I often have to refresh a couple of times when I log in, but it hasn't failed yet, though it works better in firefox.

shimmerfly

I refreshed about a gadzillion times and still no go...so I went back to the stupid flash player but thanks

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I refreshed about a gadzillion times and still no go...so I went back to the stupid flash player but thanks
Interesting, could be a corrupt file somewhere. If you're bored, you could try installing Canary, which is an early-beta/experimental of chrome that runs independently. I wouldn't use it for day-to-day things, but for an iteration of Elvenar it's never given me any trouble.

Laochra

I switched to Opera when I got tired of dealing with the incessant shockwave crashing & the flash issues. The graphics seem slightly off sometimes, but there's no more crashing, unless I try to run all 6 cities at once. :D
{waves @Ashrem !!!}