• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonder Society (Spreadsheet assisted wonder program)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
3) Regarding adding and removing players from the list: You can always create a "departed" player to hold the cumulative donations of all players who have left the fellowship (or the WS group). It takes a little work to manage this though since you have to maintain the correct column order in all tabs of the spreadsheet to ensure the macros continue to work. Also, after the first person departs, any new departees have to have their donations summed with the existing departed player column. Best to create a new tab in the spreadsheet to handle that kind of maintenance, then copy and paste values to put the final results back in the main donation tab.

Some really nice feedback on how to handle certain situations. My fellowship does something slightly different with the external donations but it works out about the same.

With old players we just leave them in the list, it is not uncommon for people to return. We hide their columns and just continue as normal. We do find about once a year we need to archive the wonders as the spreadsheet slows down eventually. This will depend a lot based on amount of wonders and years of data. We have data back to 2017 and are averaging 2.7 wonders completed a day, so we do need a regular archive.

@Clarissa83 and @Momonar the Elven gems template has most of the wonder data on it now, just copy the information on the wonder data tab. I think one might be missing but haven't got the time now to work it out.

Last edited:

Momonar

When a new player joins, I find it easiest to add all their wonders after setting up the additional column for them.

As for the startup condition, I just thought of another way to handle that more fairly. If you presume that all KP currently donated to their unfinished wonders came from KP swap threads, then it is reasonable to treat the KP as if the player had donated it. They will get credit for the donation which will apply to the share of the reward when it upgrades, and yet, their starting donation balance to the fellowship will be 0 (received donations = given donations). This also eliminates any sort of hassle maintaining a row to hold cumulative starting balances. Also, easy to enter, simply record all fellowship member donations, then the rest is added to the owner's donation.

Thanks Mykan for the feedback!