• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonder Society (Spreadsheet assisted wonder program)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
1. unfortunatly the wonder was built up two times and its nearly 3 week ago, so no way to reconstruct the donations.
Yes, the member is really new in our community... But what do i do now? Ignore his wonder? Only Update it to the new level and thats it?

2. I think i got it by my own, but the question was, if i have to put all new wonders in a new row? so copy the template row and fill out the name, wonder and details
. View attachment 7474

1. Create an unidentified column and record the missing KP there. This will ensure the member has the KP subtracted from their balance and sadly only those who donated are missing out. Only other option is ignore it and consider it a bonus to the person.
  2. yes each new wonder goes in a row of its own.
I think you are using my original template. You may want to look into the gem of knowledge template as it has several automations added to it. Although that might be easier once you are more comfortable with the spreadsheet.

working on this thing creates so much more questions... i´m very sorry if the questions are stupid :-(

1. If a wonder, for example the temple level17 is finished, i have to copy like it´s said here

View attachment 7480

but thats only if, the temple is the next wonder.
what if the player wants a diffrent wonder, wich status will get the temple level18

View attachment 7479

or do i have to change the wonder immidiatly to the required wonder?

2. And what if a player want to change a wonder, do i change it in the list with the selection?
View attachment 7477

3. what, if i have no row "zz template"?
View attachment 7478

i can choose "hist" and "wonder" is that the right way?

View attachment 7476

and then copy from the row above or below?

View attachment 7475

4. KPs from people outside the community will not pay attention, except the got a chest, right?

5. and now the last point for the moment...the weekly update.
I did everthing like the presentation from the gems of knowlage said, but the current week doesn´t go back to 0
Is it because the week is still running?

1. This depends a little on how you facilitate the program. My approach is always to add the completed wonder back into the spreadsheet at the new level. In our fellowship the wonders always stay in rotation unless specified otherwise so it is less maintenance for everyone. But even if they want a different wonder I still add it to the document and then change the status to something else, saves me time should they switch back to it or have more than one wonder in rotation
  2. Again I use the status, keep the existing wonder and add the new one. I personally use the following statuses (so I would use W in this case)
    • A = Active target
    • B = Reserve targets
    • D = Designated wonder - those that people want to see upgraded and rotate through the society
    • U = Upgrading wonder - Basically the same as D but at rune stage or under construction
    • W = Wait - wonders that have been in the society but currently are not in rotation due to owners requests. I used to use status E for this one.
    • ZZ = Completed wonder
1587363509397.png
  1. You can use any row to add a wonder or to create your own template row. All you have to do is ensure the formulas in the row are there and there is no donation data recorded. A template just ensures you always have a blank row ready to go. It looks like you screenshots are doing the same basic thing. You are just filling in information and then copying formulas which achieves the same thing.
  2. Correct, so just watch how you distribute KP as you don't want to count a chest that no one in the group actually got.
  3. Which template are you using? Is it the gems of knowledge spreadsheet? The 2 templates have very different ways of handling this and one is automated and the other is not. I would need to know the template to know how to answer this.
    • The gems template is automated and from memory only changes at the end of the week. It uses the completed wonder tab to calculate how much KP is given in a week. That tab has a specific column that should have a date to allow it to calculate the current and prior weeks data for the avg.
    • The older template is quite manual and requires specific steps to change. Unless your using this one I won;t go into detail.

Deleted User - 4679164

1. Create an unidentified column and record the missing KP there. This will ensure the member has the KP subtracted from their balance and sadly only those who donated are missing out. Only other option is ignore it and consider it a bonus to the person.
  2. yes each new wonder goes in a row of its own.
I think you are using my original template. You may want to look into the gem of knowledge template as it has several automations added to it. Although that might be easier once you are more comfortable with the spreadsheet.

1. This depends a little on how you facilitate the program. My approach is always to add the completed wonder back into the spreadsheet at the new level. In our fellowship the wonders always stay in rotation unless specified otherwise so it is less maintenance for everyone. But even if they want a different wonder I still add it to the document and then change the status to something else, saves me time should they switch back to it or have more than one wonder in rotation
  2. Again I use the status, keep the existing wonder and add the new one. I personally use the following statuses (so I would use W in this case)
    • A = Active target
    • B = Reserve targets
    • D = Designated wonder - those that people want to see upgraded and rotate through the society
    • U = Upgrading wonder - Basically the same as D but at rune stage or under construction
    • W = Wait - wonders that have been in the society but currently are not in rotation due to owners requests. I used to use status E for this one.
    • ZZ = Completed wonder
  1. You can use any row to add a wonder or to create your own template row. All you have to do is ensure the formulas in the row are there and there is no donation data recorded. A template just ensures you always have a blank row ready to go. It looks like you screenshots are doing the same basic thing. You are just filling in information and then copying formulas which achieves the same thing.
  2. Correct, so just watch how you distribute KP as you don't want to count a chest that no one in the group actually got.
  3. Which template are you using? Is it the gems of knowledge spreadsheet? The 2 templates have very different ways of handling this and one is automated and the other is not. I would need to know the template to know how to answer this.
    • The gems template is automated and from memory only changes at the end of the week. It uses the completed wonder tab to calculate how much KP is given in a week. That tab has a specific column that should have a date to allow it to calculate the current and prior weeks data for the avg.
    • The older template is quite manual and requires specific steps to change. Unless your using this one I won;t go into detail.
Hi Mykan,

i announced new wonders 2 times, hope did everthing correct. But the feeling is good :p
Many thanks again for your patience and answering my whole questions. without it wouldnt be possible to go on.
But, unfortunatley, i have some more.

But first: i think it´s the Template of Elvenar Gems of Knowledge. it looks quite the same.
Not maintained for months and now i try to fix it.
I think i found the mistake in the weekly update. the formlas where wrong, propably copy mistakes of my predecessors.
Same for the contribution tracker etc.
I created so many copies, test out and try to understand the formulas. (makes a little fun to solve the puzzle :) )
BUt i did not catch all formulas, maybe you have some informations for me about all the formulas and references? I really want to understand it!

And now my questions: (nearly all about the Date)
  1. how important is the date? Is it only for the weekly update?
  2. In row 10 is the same wonder as in row 25, is it correct to leave the old lvl at the comleted wonder (row25) with the evaluation date and update the lvl in the new wonder (row 10) without date
  3. wich Date i will fill in for really new wonders for new members like in row 11
  4. what if a wonder already has some KP when it´s reported? like in row 15. i filled out the column "progress", so the PileOn goes down, is it correct? do i have to check all wonders when they are reported? I don´t catch the meaning of the progress column.

1587806085884.png

Have a nice weekend, looking forward to reading from you :)
Clarissa

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Question 1 and 3
The main purpose of the date is for the contribution tracker which is used for the averages. I also use the dates in society tab as an indicator to myself when I last checked a wonder. This is helpful as a wonder marked as upgrading but with an older date is likely upgraded. Also before assigning new wonders some wonders might have been leveled or have kp added to them if you haven't looked at them for a long time. This is less of an issue now that mobile can give kp.

Dates can also be handy for completed wonders of time they complete as you can use them for analysis should you choose to do so in the future.
One way I use the date is to calculate how many wonders we leveled in a week.
1587812102968.png

Question 2
yes row 25 with the completed wonder needs to stay, I use the date the wonder is completed and the old wonder and its data remains. The new one you showed is correct as you set it up at the next level. Eventually you will want to use the status filters to hide the completed wonders, keeps things tidy and reduces lag.

Question 4
Correct adding a number to the progress will reduce the pileon as less kp is now needed to level the wonder. Only real time to check wonders is:
  • When added to list if owner did not tell you the level or if you want to see if existing kp is there
  • At the time of becoming a target/reserve if you haven't looked at the wonder for a while. When you level several wonders a week it might only be a day or two since you last saw the wonder so no need to look.
  • when the research is finished. If people take screenshots for you that helps a lot
The progress is just a reflection of the research, so would be 120 in the example below. It use is for KP donated prior to wonder been a target as you need to reflect how much KP is actually needed not the max amount for that wonder. Sometimes I check a wonder part way through research and will update the donations, the progress then updates so when I send my auto-message players in-game no how much kp and chests are left on that wonder.
1587812619641.png

I modified my version so the progress is a formula, just a sum of the donated KP plus the prior column.
The prior column I used for KP in the wonder prior to it being a target. In the example shown we had someone outside the fellowship put KP into the wonder, hence 7kp. You will also see some wonders I did a mid-level check on while one I didn't look at. I did the checks because I was donating at the time so a quick 30secs to update while there anyway.
1587812854401.png

Deleted User - 4679164

The main purpose of the date is for the contribution tracker which is used for the averages. I also use the dates in society tab as an indicator to myself when I last checked a wonder. This is helpful as a wonder marked as upgrading but with an older date is likely upgraded. Also before assigning new wonders some wonders might have been leveled or have kp added to them if you haven't looked at them for a long time. This is less of an issue now that mobile can give kp.
So i fill in the current date for new wonders?!

Dates can also be handy for completed wonders of time they complete as you can use them for analysis should you choose to do so in the future.
Nice thing, but no idea how to do it.

And how is the contribution tracker working?
One Member is new since two days, she donated 148 in different wonders in the last round, but her KP´s are not in the table... and there are no formulas wich i can update.
1587817026324.png

that are the last 4 wonders where she donated

Do you have a explanation, with information about the formulas?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My guess is when a new column was added the macro wasn't updated to include the extra columns and so the macro is missing columns now. I need to do some digging on where to make the change. From memory it is a script with 3 places to update. I only recently started using the gems template myself so I am still learning that aspect.

Edit:
Highlights below in the script should be the same as the column of the template. Go to Tools then Script editor
1587819038027.png

Deleted User - 4679164

Ok, so I have to change all "AL" in "AN" where the last player is, or "AO" whre the hist column is?
And what to do with the donations before? Do i have to enter it in by hand?

What to do with new wonders from a new world?
Is there a "wonder data" update, or do i have to update it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think the wonder data for new wonders is on the template, as in check the current template. The chapter 16 ones probably are not there yet, but chapter 15 should be.

Deleted User - 4679164

I think the wonder data for new wonders is on the template, as in check the current template. The chapter 16 ones probably are not there yet, but chapter 15 should be.
Hi, i changed the script and it worked, was so excited. But the missing points i have to fill in by my own.
OK, so i have to fill in the informations for the new Wonders.

And again, many thanks for your help.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Yeah any missed points you will need to fix. check the other tabs as one records the original donations and might be intact. Would make fixing it easier.

The wonders up to thermal spring of youth are in their template, so just copy paste and check the formulas (in red) on that tab. The new ones for chapter 16 aren't there yet but there won't be many people at that stage yet. New events are keeping gems team busy but I am sure they will add ch 16 wonders in due course

DeletedUser22403

My FS is considering adding the society to see how it functions for the members. Is there an ideal number of wonders that a member may have on the list and it still remain fair for all? One, two, three?

NightshadeCS

We use this method in our fellowship, and there is no limit on how many you can have in rotation. How quickly your AWs get leveled depends on how many KP you put out. Once you put out as many KP as it will take to fill one of your AW's, then you come up in the rotation.

Deleted User - 4679164

Hi there,

has sombody the informations for the new wonders of the embassies? ( Spire Library & Tournament Arena)?
unfortunatly Elvengems is not updated since the spring of youth

Chriger

Cool, thank you :)

But, I can´t finde the new wonders on https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/reward-charts/
Are you talking about another website?

It looks like they're added to the spreadsheet. However, it looks like the new "References" are wrong.

Like shows Thermal Spring for both that, Spire Library, and Tournament Arena.
1600113591523.png

Also there's some other problems with Sanctuary, Bell Spire, etc. in the template.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
But, I can´t finde the new wonders on https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/reward-charts/
Are you talking about another website?

I was referring to the wonder society template (spreadsheet). Might take a while for the reward charts as the changes on beta and events take a lot of time. The spreadsheet is a faster change and easy for other societies to copy

It looks like they're added to the spreadsheet. However, it looks like the new "References" are wrong.

Looks like they are fixed now
1600114155674.png

The formulas are more likely to affect a person copying the template for a new society. If you have an existing society you can just copy the hard coded information about the wonders.

Deleted User - 4679164

Hello there,

how can I start a new WonderSociety spreadsheet?
I have problems with the evaluation. the script will not run through from time to time.
My idea ist, that the spreadsheet ist to big...

Momonar

Regarding startup conditions:
Here are some options:
1) Ignore the initial kp donated, over time the error will be minimal. In my fellowship, the most active donaters hit 40k donations in a year. The average of modest participants was around 18k to 20k. So even if they started with 1000 KP in incomplete wonders, that is only 5% in a year. Next year it will be 2.5%, etc. This is definitely a "long view" approach and if there is a trust issue in the fellowship, then this might not be the best.

2) Create a column for a player named "external", pick a wonder for "external", fill the row with the starting KP in incomplete wonders for each player (this gives an initial starting donation value for each player). Yes, it gives an artificial priority, but doesn't penalize the player with a lot of kp in incomplete wonders.

3) Regarding adding and removing players from the list: You can always create a "departed" player to hold the cumulative donations of all players who have left the fellowship (or the WS group). It takes a little work to manage this though since you have to maintain the correct column order in all tabs of the spreadsheet to ensure the macros continue to work. Also, after the first person departs, any new departees have to have their donations summed with the existing departed player column. Best to create a new tab in the spreadsheet to handle that kind of maintenance, then copy and paste values to put the final results back in the main donation tab.

Regarding the naming of the columns and explaining the method:
I find that the term "Score" is better than PileOn because it is easy to understand the idea that each selected wonder has a score based on the players donation balance and the amount of kp needed to upgrade the wonder. Higher score = higher priority for selection. Also, it helps to explain that a positive donation balance for a player is equivalent to the fellowship "owing" the player some KP. Then the selection is partially based on paying the people back who are owed the most. The amount of kp needed to upgrade the wonder lowers the priority because it is best for the fellowship to upgrade wonders as fast as possible, so the cheapest wonders should be upgraded ahead of the most expensive.

Deleted User - 4679164

Regarding startup conditions:
Here are some options:
1) Ignore the initial kp donated, over time the error will be minimal. In my fellowship, the most active donaters hit 40k donations in a year. The average of modest participants was around 18k to 20k. So even if they started with 1000 KP in incomplete wonders, that is only 5% in a year. Next year it will be 2.5%, etc. This is definitely a "long view" approach and if there is a trust issue in the fellowship, then this might not be the best.

2) Create a column for a player named "external", pick a wonder for "external", fill the row with the starting KP in incomplete wonders for each player (this gives an initial starting donation value for each player). Yes, it gives an artificial priority, but doesn't penalize the player with a lot of kp in incomplete wonders.

3) Regarding adding and removing players from the list: You can always create a "departed" player to hold the cumulative donations of all players who have left the fellowship (or the WS group). It takes a little work to manage this though since you have to maintain the correct column order in all tabs of the spreadsheet to ensure the macros continue to work. Also, after the first person departs, any new departees have to have their donations summed with the existing departed player column. Best to create a new tab in the spreadsheet to handle that kind of maintenance, then copy and paste values to put the final results back in the main donation tab.

Regarding the naming of the columns and explaining the method:
I find that the term "Score" is better than PileOn because it is easy to understand the idea that each selected wonder has a score based on the players donation balance and the amount of kp needed to upgrade the wonder. Higher score = higher priority for selection. Also, it helps to explain that a positive donation balance for a player is equivalent to the fellowship "owing" the player some KP. Then the selection is partially based on paying the people back who are owed the most. The amount of kp needed to upgrade the wonder lowers the priority because it is best for the fellowship to upgrade wonders as fast as possible, so the cheapest wonders should be upgraded ahead of the most expensive.
Hey Monomar, thanks for the detailed answer. :)

If you use this system too, do you know how to get the data from the new wonders.
I´m looking for the wonders after tournament arena.