• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonder society

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4679164
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4679164

Hello there,

I´m searching for the information for the new wonder in the Wonder society, runes an chest rewards.
Has anyone an idea where I can get this?
Unfortunalty, elvengems seems to be down :-(

Deleted User - 4679164

I love elvengems, but I can´t find there informations for the current ancient wonders. the last wonder for the rewards is the thermal spring of youth.

But I have a speardsheet, in there is the tournament Arena the last.
Missing the latest wonders...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1178646

Hello there,

I´m searching for the information for the new wonder in the Wonder society, runes an chest rewards.
Has anyone an idea where I can get this?
Unfortunalty, elvengems seems to be down :-(

Use a better system without the need of a sheet :D
It's 100% the same effect and a million times easier.

If a wonder needs 500kp and there are 60KP in chests to be divided
Fill up your wonder to 440kp and let your fellows fill in the last 60KP

No sheet required same reward. runes are divided and much quicker and everyone gets what they deserve.
@SoggyShorts can give you more information.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We use "Shout Outs" to do this. We get to within 100 of completing our AW upgrade requirement and put a "SO" in chat. It says: SO: [Name of AW] [Remaining KP needed]/[Number of Unclaimed Chests]. So SO: GA 52/4 would mean your Golden Abyss has 52 KP needed to complete the requirements for the next upgrade and 4 unclaimed chests. As an alternative we add a +N where N is the number of chests currently claimed by non fellowship members. It's optional.

We find we get about 20 out of 25 members participating and rarely do the chests go unclaimed for more than a couple hours.

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I love elvengems, but I can´t find there informations for the current ancient wonders. the last wonder for the rewards is the thermal spring of youth.

But I have a speardsheet, in there is the tournament Arena the last.
Missing the latest wonders...
All these issues, AWs, new races, charts, are works in process. There are only so many hours in a day, while the pace of events has stepped up a lot, and all those need support as well.

Deleted User - 4679164

All these issues, AWs, new races, charts, are works in process. There are only so many hours in a day, while the pace of events has stepped up a lot, and all those need support as well.
OK, thanks for the informations... so I will exercise patience ;-)

Deleted User - 4679164

We use "Shout Outs" to do this. We get to within 100 of completing our AW upgrade requirement and put a "SO" in chat. It says: SO: [Name of AW] [Remaining KP needed]/[Number of Unclaimed Chests]. So SO: GA 52/4 would mean your Golden Abyss has 52 KP needed to complete the requirements for the next upgrade and 4 unclaimed chests. As an alternative we add a +N where N is the number of chests currently claimed by non fellowship members. It's optional.

We find we get about 20 out of 25 members participating and rarely do the chests go unclaimed for more than a couple hours.

AJ
Maybe an alternative, if we get rid of the WS, but we all like it a lot. :)

Deleted User - 4679164

Use a better system without the need of a sheet :D
It's 100% the same effect and a million times easier.

If a wonder needs 500kp and there are 60KP in chests to be divided
Fill up your wonder to 440kp and let your fellows fill in the last 60KP

No sheet required same reward. runes are divided and much quicker and everyone gets what they deserve.
@SoggyShorts can give you more information.
It does not seem to be as fair as the WS. And I have no problem to fill the sheet. ;-)

Deleted User - 1178646

It does not seem to be as fair as the WS. And I have no problem to fill the sheet. ;-)
it actually is.

Sheets might be good for you but for a lot of people it isn't, think for example to all those new app users.Using a sheet on a phone or tablet ain't the most fun thing, also plenty of users never used excel and are alient to it.

As a result less people will join in, or even leave the fellowship because they can't handle it.

lets put in a hypothetical scenario.

Book of secrets level 1
5 players have a book of secrets and use a sheet to divvy up the chests

Player 1 puts 50 KP at player 2, 40KP and player 3, 30 KP at player 4 and 20 KP at player 5
Player 2 puts 20 KP at player 1, 50 KP at player 3, 40 KP at player 4 and 20 KP at player player 5
ect.

In the end each player had places in 1 of the books 1x 50KP 1x 40 KP 1x 30KP and 1x20KP = 140KP
For this he/she gets in return 10+5+5+5=25KP so there own book is full and there net spending is 140-25KP return = 115KP

Now the other scenario as we suggest.

player 1 puts 115 KP in his book and calls in either chat or mail that his wonder is ready to be filled with 10/5/5/5 KP to help.
player 2 puts 10 KP in that players book (10 return so NetZero) player 3 puts 5 for 5, player 4 puts 5 for 5 and player 5 puts 5 for 5.

So we net spend 115 KP on leveling out wonder. the exact same result as we fairly distributed the chests in the wonder society system.
So it's just as fair. each players gets his/her part for free as they deserve.

Advantages
  • you can always spend your points in your own wonders to the fill up point, you never need to check up where and how much you should spend.
  • No need for external sources it's all in game
  • quick
  • fair
  • easy to share runes with players who need a specific rune as you can just assert that slot to that player in advance.

Disadvantages
  • some external dude could try to run of with a chest, this is also an advantage as if that player put in 9 instead of 10, he/she gets a free 4 extra KP as a member can grab the 10 chest for 10 and then the 9 is relegated to a 5 chest. allowing the owner to spend 4kp less on his/her wonder.
I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages compared to any other system
The issue is that most players are kinda rusten in what they are used to.

even in my own fellowship they favour wondermail because thats what there used to.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
App users can not see how much kp is in the wonder chests.
Screenshot_20210324-161731.png

30 KP right there, shows exactly the same as on browser

Iyapo1

@SoggyShorts
The purple is a 20? And the blues are 5s? There is no key to this map in game. Can you get 10kp or 15kp or 30kp? If 20 is purple what color is 30?

Edit: Thank you! Purple is always 20 and blue is always 5....no other amounts are given out!

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
View attachment 9474
30 KP right there, shows exactly the same as on browser

My only problem with this is that the KP "badges" are color coded and I can never remember for what the colors stand. Is the green center 5KP, 10KP or what? And, being a bit color blind I have to confess sometimes they just look sort of grey to me. It would be nice if they actually had the number in the middle, instead of a colored dot. But that's off topic. Sorry.

AJ