• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonder Wax

AussieChick

G'day,
I have two worlds.
In one I can trade flying powder freely and have no issues.
In the second I have wonder wax, but never get a trade for it, except from the merchant.
There are 54 pages of people trying to trade it.
Is there no balance in the game?
Does not seem right.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My three sentients, cosmic bismuth, obsidian, and moonstone, are pariahs in Sinya Arda. It's very rare indeed to find anyone who wants them. But I'm on the trader several times a day and I scoop up the rare one when I can. Plus, I do three star trades for those items and somehow I get by without too much trouble. I wish there was more balance, but doing three star seems to help a great deal.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is the fault of the quitters and slow-moving players when there is an imbalance in either a sentient or ascended good, because those are traded across the entire server and not just your discovered area. For example, if there are 300 players, 100 who will be boosted in each of the goods of one tier. If the 100 for one good all keep playing and move into that chapter more quickly, while of the 100 for each of the other two goods, say 50 quit and 25 more are slower players, you get 100 with one good to trade and only 25 for each of the other two goods. And there is nothing Inno can change about this because what your boosts are for the rest of the game is set when you create the city.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
yeah comparing sentient trades to ascended goods is not the same. Trading is restricted with ascended goods so it is slow to begin with. It varies by world though, I can't get wonder wax at all in US1. There are so many factors between:
  • those in that chapter
  • people at end of chapter who stop producing goods
  • timezone/time of play - really need active trading to get more of these goods, merchant is quite slow.
  • where people are at in the chapter - goods demanded can vary
  • boosts of those at that stage
People going slow isn't the players fault as Inno encourages it both in the design of the late game chapters and the penalties it issues for progression. So people are more cautious now to progress and guage impacts as they go. There really is minimal incentive to progress to the later chapters and bad trading doesn't make it more attractive.

Having trade partners, especially in your fellowship (easier communication) is still the best option.

AussieChick

yeah comparing sentient trades to ascended goods is not the same. Trading is restricted with ascended goods so it is slow to begin with. It varies by world though, I can't get wonder wax at all in US1. There are so many factors between:
  • those in that chapter
  • people at end of chapter who stop producing goods
  • timezone/time of play - really need active trading to get more of these goods, merchant is quite slow.
  • where people are at in the chapter - goods demanded can vary
  • boosts of those at that stage
People going slow isn't the players fault as Inno encourages it both in the design of the late game chapters and the penalties it issues for progression. So people are more cautious now to progress and guage impacts as they go. There really is minimal incentive to progress to the later chapters and bad trading doesn't make it more attractive.

Having trade partners, especially in your fellowship (easier communication) is still the best option.
OMG you are so right, months later I am still only using my own merchant, nd waiting 6 hours mostly to trade again.
If We don't progress, I am worries about getting bored in the game.
Frustration!
Robby