• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonders ... Your Most and Least Favorite?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am trying to decide which wonder to put up next, or if I should wait until I am in a higher chapter (I have 1 more tech to go before I leave Dwarves.) I've developed my Golden Abyss to level 6 but other than that there's nothing I care about. If anyone could tell me what their favorite or least favorite wonder is, and why, I would very much appreciate it. Maybe I can get a consensus on what NOT to put up, which will save me a lot of room and frustration, and focus on the best wonders.

As far as my style of play goes, I usually autofight the early quests in the tourneys and then cater the higher ones. I don't know whether there are wonders that would suit that style best. Advice welcome! Thanks in advance.

AtaguS

My personal favorite at the moment is the Dragon Abby, but I don't think you have that one open yet. We seem to have similar playing styles so I can tell you that both the Martial Monestary and Needles of the Tempest have helped me out a lot. 3rd in line to those would be the Mountain Halls.
The first two boost troop power and quicken your training times.
Mountain Halls for the population but also for a goods boost - both are very useful in my city.
And keep investing in your GA - it is so worth it!

DeletedUser13313

My favorite is my Level 19 Golden Abyss... with a pop of 32,187 and my least favorite right now is my Level 7 Maze of the Dark Matter.. I have over 2.7 mil. Mana.. and I currently have little use for it.. It's a huge wonder.. maybe it will become useful when they add the next chapter. If I could teleport it away I would and selling it is out of the question.. too much KP has been spent on it getting it to lvl 7. My advice would be not to build it.. and put any KP you'd invest into it into the Dragon Abbey.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Darielle
Here's a link to an old post that has a clear summary of AW's and their benefits/drawbacks. Because it's old, the discussion does not include more recently released AW's, but the info for earlier ones is still valid.
2017 AW Summary
Your style sounds very autofight/cater hybrid, so both AW's coming up at Dwarves end would be of benefit. Bulwark for increased training size (easier to replenish lost troops) plus some light melee troops (they're free, lol: save on better troops (cerebus) by throwing them in as cannon fodder in early rounds of the lower tourney provinces where you can) and MtnHalls for increased factory productions plus population. I think a read through that post and the following discussion will really help you with deciding on the best use of space and when for your specific situation.
@Whiteflame710 @AtaguS
I fully concur with preferring the Abbey over the Maze. The 'on demand' ability of the Abbey when I have a huge inventory of WS and culture spells far outweighs any reduction in decay for my playstyle, which is admittedly a slow crawl through research. However, if I had invested in upgrading to lvl 7, it would be hard to tear out. The highest lvl AW I built and later tore down was a lvl 3 and that was painful, lol! I'd probably stop upgrading it first while I took some time to stomach the idea it was the best move. Other folks just tear off the band-aid, lol!

DeletedUser13313

Just to add.. I've built/sold the Tome of Secrets at least 4-5 times.. It's my go to cheat to get the runes forged for other Aw's that I want to upgrade or build. When I have extra space, I keep it around to get an extra Kp a day.

Darielle

Just to add.. I've built/sold the Tome of Secrets at least 4-5 times.. It's my go to cheat to get the runes forged for other Aw's that I want to upgrade or build. When I have extra space, I keep it around to get an extra Kp a day.
I never thought of that ... thanks!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
While there is some great value in reading older posts on wonders just be mindful the game has changed a lot, so ideas and strategies may have also changed. Different wonders can really complement each other well and older lists might be missing those as they may not have existed at the time.

Another thing to consider is the amount of tournament play and other KP sources. A person who earns a total of 300 kp a week will likely consider different options to someone earning, 500, 1000 or 1500kp a week. Most wonders are pretty decent when leveled and you don't need to get them all (the ones you chose) to level 30.

Also some wonders might be better at different stages of the game.

If you like your GA then you would certainly want to look into the mountain halls. They have 1 benefit in common, pop and if that is your preferred benefit there will be times the MH is cheaper to level then the GA. MH also boosts goods productions.

Personally I like my ToS, its like an unlimited supply instant, lots of reasons to need a sudden injection of supplies and the kp is nifty as well.

Edit: KP from ToS is like a refund or discount for levelling it :) Longer it is in the game the better it is. Mine has more than paid for the KP investment.

Last edited:

Darielle

While there is some great value in reading older posts on wonders just be mindful the game has changed a lot, so ideas and strategies may have also changed. Different wonders can really complement each other well and older lists might be missing those as they may not have existed at the time.

Another thing to consider is the amount of tournament play and other KP sources. A person who earns a total of 300 kp a week will likely consider different options to someone earning, 500, 1000 or 1500kp a week. Most wonders are pretty decent when leveled and you don't need to get them all (the ones you chose) to level 30.

Also some wonders might be better at different stages of the game.

If you like your GA then you would certainly want to look into the mountain halls. They have 1 benefit in common, pop and if that is your preferred benefit there will be times the MH is cheaper to level then the GA. MH also boosts goods productions.

Personally I like my ToS, its like an unlimited supply instant, lots of reasons to need a sudden injection of supplies and the kp is nifty as well.
Those are very good points. Thank you, Mykan.