• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonders

DeletedUser3390

Are any of the Wonders any more useful than others, as they take up space and resources?

DeletedUser3297

Yes, some are a lot more useful than others, but your needs of your city might dictate which ones are more useful to you. Some give better neighborly help benefits, some increase the health of your soldiers, some give coins and population. But the Tomb of Secrets takes a 4x4 space and gives you 1 KP per day, this is the most useless one out of them all.

Read more here:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders

DeletedUser3312

I finally placed my first wonder. The Golden Abyss. it gives 5,000 coins every 3 hours as well as 200 population. and as you upgrade the benefits rise. I recommend it. it is a small 3 x 3 with some wonderful benefits. not all are worth while. as others have said, read up on them!

DeletedUser3297

One of the interesting things about the wonders is how they are ranked when they upgrade. For example, upgrading a Golden Abyss from level 1 to level 2 costs 150 kp and you get 150 ranking points with that upgrade. So if you max it out, that little abyss gives you 4060 ranking points, more than any other building in the game. All wonders are this way too, but that would take years to accomplish

DeletedUser3297

We do a round robin in our fellowship to upgrade everyone's wonders. I might take a step back and stop participating in it though. My progress on the research is not as far along as it should be.

DeletedUser3312

In our fellowship we have a group of 9 people that donate 2 kp a day to the person or persons of the day. So every day we get 18 kp donated to our AW of choice. It's a fun thing to do and helps keep all motivated to complete and upgrade their fav AW. Mine is the Golden Abyss. I will keep upgrading that as long as I can. Don't want to place any others as I need the space. Have I mentioned how scare space in the last 5 minutes??? smiles

DeletedUser3297

Lol, you are too funny :)

I would love to have the amount of space you do. But I am happy (for now) with what the game has given me, although I have purchased a few expansions.

I think the problem with ours, is now a lot of people have become obsessed with upgrading wonders and for me, it is hard to keep up with the amount of KP that people are donating and I feel bad if I didn't donate as much as everyone else. So that's why I think I will drop out our wonder donation for now. I am happy that I got my Abyss to level 3 right now, it give more pop than a level 15 residence!

DeletedUser3312

I think the problem with ours, is now a lot of people have become obsessed with upgrading wonders and for me, it is hard to keep up with the amount of KP that people are donating and I feel bad if I didn't donate as much as everyone else. So that's why I think I will drop out our wonder donation for now. I am happy that I got my Abyss to level 3 right now, it give more pop than a level 15 residence!

There is no need to feel bad. It should not be a competition. smiles. give what you are comfortable with and leave it at that.

DeletedUser1590

[snipped]But the Tomb of Secrets takes a 4x4 space and gives you 1 KP per day, this is the most useless one out of them all.
[snipped]
I built the Tome of Secrets because: a) I had a 4x4 space to fill; and b) had the runes. The animation on it isn't bad either. It will definitely get torn down when I need space freed up for other things. But for now, I'm OK with it. What I'm NOT ok with, however, is continuing to get TofS runes. :p

DeletedUser3613

You might also want to consider the strategy of tearing your TofS down when it has accumulated a lot of (seemingly useless) extra runes - you can then try re-building it, but a lot of runes will break, and you can use those shards on a different AW ... one that you really want. I've done this once already : built a TofS, got 25 or so more runes for it, tore it down, and got enough shards to make a couple of guaranteed runes to complete my Lighthouse (without actually completing the TofS again).

DeletedUser2396

With the Orc Requirement - i have stopped adding KP to AW's in order to fill the Research Tree as now it seems to me i have to play catch up with the Game being in Dwarfs i have to catch up to Orcs as fast as i can get there - now the Game is no longer a play at your leisure and enjoy - it has now become grinding - AS DESIGNED:(

DeletedUser3696

I built the Tome of Secrets because: a) I had a 4x4 space to fill; and b) had the runes. The animation on it isn't bad either. It will definitely get torn down when I need space freed up for other things. But for now, I'm OK with it. What I'm NOT ok with, however, is continuing to get TofS runes. :p

Once an AW gets to level 5 and 10 you must complete the rune ring again. So if they stopped giving you the runes you'd never level the AW past lvl 5. There is no AW that is game breaking or a must have. Choose which ones you want based on your goals and just have some fun :)

DeletedUser3390

Yes, some are a lot more useful than others, but your needs of your city might dictate which ones are more useful to you. Some give better neighborly help benefits, some increase the health of your soldiers, some give coins and population. But the Tomb of Secrets takes a 4x4 space and gives you 1 KP per day, this is the most useless one out of them all.

Read more here:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders
Thank you!

Thistleknot

I have read through a lot of the discussions on wonders and opinions vary about what is good and what is bad. None of them really give you an idea of what may be useful for your style of play. I hope that I can give a general idea of the usefulness of the different wonders without too much bias. There are several discussions about the cost of having a wonder. There are always trade offs and costs associated with having a wonder, but that is part of deciding how to play the game. Also keep in mind that the wonders are level dependent; they are more powerful at higher levels. My analysis does not go into the usefulness at higher levels, merely a synopsis at various stages of the game. I have defined the following stages: Early Game (Ages 1 to 3), Mid Game (Ages 4 to 6), and Late Game (Ages 7 and 8). Everything is based on the current version of the game as of 9/16/16. In other words, things will change after all of this is typed in.

Age 2 Wonders
Tome of Secrets (4x4) - KP/day and Supplies for Scouting
Early - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies easily available due to quick explorations
Mid - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations
Late - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are only available once every couple of days.
Note: This only gives 3 KP per day once you reach level 11

Golden Abyss (3x3) - coin/3 hours and extra population
Early - extra coin needed, extra population needed
Mid - extra coin useful, extra population needed
Late - coin is not needed as much, but can be useful at the wholesaler; extra population needed
Note: Best population/square at level 15 (about 288 people per square)

Age 3 Wonders
Endless Excavation (5x4) Extra relics/province conquered and supplies/24 hours
Early - extra relics easily available due to quick explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Mid - extra relics are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Late - extra relics are only available once every couple of days, , potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed but are slow to get

Needles of the Tempest (3x5) Attack boost for Light Ranged Units and training speed increase
Early - Heavy ranged units just researched, light ranged units reliable; training speed increase useful
Mid - Heavy ranged units are more available, light ranged units are still viable; training speed increase useful
Late - Heavy ranged units are used in majority, light ranged units might be useful if the Needles is at level 15; training speed increase useful

Age 4 Wonders
Martial Monastery (5x5)/Sanctuary (5x5) % health increase for troos and extra culture
Mid - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful
Late - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful

Crystal Lighthouse (6x4)/Great Bell Spire (4x6) Boosted Goods for Neighborly Aid Given and % Increase of time for Neighborly Aid Received
Mid - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from; Longer cultural bonus is useful
Late - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from, not a lot a bonus goods for once per day; Longer cultural bonus is useful

Age 5 Wonders
Watchtower Ruins (4x5) % Culture bonus on Neighborly Aid received and Extra culture
Mid - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed
Late - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed

Thrones of High Men (4x6) Bonus ranking points
Note: This wonder should only be built if ranking is important to you
Mid - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels
Late - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels

Age 6 Wonders
Dwarven Bulwark (7x4) Extra Light Melee Units/3 hours and Increased training size
Mid - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops
Late - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful, but Light Melee Units may not be used as often; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops

Mountain Halls (3x8) Relic boost and Extra Population
Mid - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed
Late - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed

Age 7 Wonders
Prosperity Tower (5x4) Spell of Provision duration increase and Supplies/3 hours
Late - Spell duration increase is useful; Supplies are needed

Blooming Trader Guild (3x7) Trader's fee decrease, Wholesaler trade value increase, and Portal production boost
Late - Trader's fee decrease is useful even if you are in a fellowship; wholesaler trade value increase is useful for coin/supply overflow; Portal production boost is extremely nice, but currently has a limited use

Age 8 Wonders
Heroes' Forge (5x5) Orcs/24 hours and Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units
Late - Because of the necessity of orcs, free orcs even once per day is useful; Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units is necessary for combat

Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (5x4) Light Ranged Units/3 hours and Training size increase
Late - Extra free Light Ranged Units is useful but Light Ranged Units may not be utilized as much, Potentially more useful in conjunction with the Needles of the Tempest; Training size increase is useful.

Hope this helps and enjoy building your city.

DeletedUser3312

You might also want to consider the strategy of tearing your TofS down when it has accumulated a lot of (seemingly useless) extra runes - you can then try re-building it, but a lot of runes will break, and you can use those shards on a different AW ... one that you really want. I've done this once already : built a TofS, got 25 or so more runes for it, tore it down, and got enough shards to make a couple of guaranteed runes to complete my Lighthouse (without actually completing the TofS again).

I built the ToS. It was a cool looking building on a city I visited and thought that is so cool. sigh... so... built it, placed it. oh way... all that space for 1 KP a day. how blessed I am. lol lol lol... so I sold it. none of my runes went anywhere not even back to the ToS. they were just gone. In my opinion, while ToS is a really wonderful looking building, but it is worthless to players. if it gave 5 kp per day to start out with... well yep.. I might build it again but no thank you for 1 kp... cool looking building using lots of critical space and giving nothing back = no thank you... have the T-shirt for it already. smiles

Last edited by a moderator: