• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wood elves and mana

DeletedUser4628

A few days ago I was reading something in the forum and one of the respondents had mentioned how she had built too many willows before she needed them and by the time she needed the mana it was all gone. Since I'm going to be starting woodelves soon that has me concerned and although I've searched through this forum (still love Mycan's guides) :D and through the wiki I can't find any information at all on mana and how it's used and what the decay is all about. So I have dozens of questions but rather than ask them all I was hoping someone could give me a rundown on how mana works and what I should be looking at strategically when I start needing to build willows and other mana producing buildings. Thank you :D

DeletedUser3297

Mana decays daily at 9:59AM EST by 10% If possible, collect mana after the decay so you save more of it. You will hit a cap on the amount of mana you can produce once your entire production amount goes towards the decay. This means if you produce 60,000 mana per day, You will be capped at 6 million man. However, I do not think it is possible to hit that cap before you actually start using it.

When you first enter the chapter, you need to build as many willows as you can. 12 is good, more would be even better. The mana requirement for the chapter is quite large and you should have a stockpile of it before you need it. That does mean collecting daily so you are not losing anymore than necessary. I had just over 450K mana when I put up my fabrications. Those fabrications drained me to around 30K left because of the large amount of mana they require to run, especially making mana tears. The next time I go through this chapter, I will fill all the space allocated to the settlement for more willows that will eventually be sold, just so that my stockpile of mana would be a lot larger. The more mana you have and are able to produce by the time you build your settlement, the easier the chapter will be :)

Have a look at this guide as well:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/woodelves-chapter-ix

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Kayleegrrl covered it well. Below are my thoughts/reflections.
  • New resource with a new feature, decay. Decay is 10% a day at a fixed time
  • Time your collection of mana to minimse the amount you lose on decay. Spending it before decay time is great too.
  • Your maximum amount of mana is 10 times your daily production but due to the maths it slows down a lot trying to reach the maximum amount. Therefore have a maximum amount higher than highest mana cost in the chapter so you don't wait for ages
    • As an example if the highest mana cost is 290,000 mana and your max mana production is 300K you will wait for ages trying to save enough mana due to the decay.
  • From Wood elves on building lots of extra mana buildings to stockpile mana for early techs and roads is a good idea, replace them one by one as you need the space.
  • You will want a minimum of 8 willows, ideally 10+. I built 12 on some of my towns which worked well. A lot depends on your guest race settlement size, the larger it is the higher the demand on your mana thus the need for more willows.
  • The mana producing culture buildings will require a road to produce mana, plan for this in your town design
  • Not so much in wood elves but for chapters after that the culture buildings are designed to make you choose between high culture/no mana buildings or lower culture with mana buildings. You will need to find a balance, for wood elves willows are very good for both.
  • Do not underestimate the small mana buildings, place them in any gaps in the town that are next to a road. Bookend roads with the small mana buildings
  • Quests will eventually start to have mana as rewards so time the completion/collection of these to maximise benefit. For example don't collect right before the decay time, do collect to have enough for a building/tech.
  • A new wonder at the end of wood elves gives mana for each scout, and S&D also has a mana wonder for later on.

DeletedUser4628

Wow! I sure didn't expect such wonderful responses, thank you so much! This definitely makes it more clear and just knowing I need to go ahead and build as many willows as I can helps tremendously. I thought I had to be careful about building them and 'not' build too many. Thanks again :D

DeletedUser6261

I have a question about Mana also....The last quest we played gave us 2 buildings that produce mana....it was the masquerade series 1 and 2. I am now just getting tools from it, but later it says in another chapter, that i will get mana....Does anyone know how this works..??? Thanks

DeletedUser3977

When you collect prizes from an event they stay at the same level as when you collect them. If you were in the woodelves chapter, they would produce mana, but now those building will only give you supplies as long as you have them.
We should see more mana-producing rewards in future events.

Risen Malchiah

I've got 10 Willows and with the KP from tournaments and using mana for both research and forest fabrication, I'm finding it very difficult to keep up. These are the numbers I calculated:

2800/15hrs = 186/hr or 4480/24hrs = 4480/day per Willow
10 willows = 44,800/day

Day . Pre-Decay . Post-Decay
1 ..... 44,800 ....... 40,320
2 ..... 85,120 ....... 76,608
3 ..... 121,408 ..... 109,268
4 ..... 154,068 ..... 138,662

With 10 Willows, it will take a minimum of 3-4 days to get the 133k mana to upgrade.the MH to level 22, and anywhere from 1-3 days per research on the tech tree assuming perfect collection. Add to that all the mana used in the forest fabrication.

If we didn't have the Fellowship Adventures or the Eldrasils Ascending event, I'd devote more space and go up to 12 Willows. I could really use more Mana Huts. :)

DeletedUser4993

Mana decays daily at 9:59AM EST by 10% If possible, collect mana after the decay so you save more of it. You will hit a cap on the amount of mana you can produce once your entire production amount goes towards the decay. This means if you produce 60,000 mana per day, You will be capped at 6 million man. However, I do not think it is possible to hit that cap before you actually start using it.

Have a look at this guide as well:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/woodelves-chapter-ix

DeletedUser4993

Wow! After days of searching I finally got a definitive time at which mana decays. TY TY TY

DeletedUser8985

or you could have gone to your main hall in the upgrade tab and moused over the mana icon and it would have told you how long til decay and then looked at the clock to see what time that would be...js

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
or you could have gone to your main hall in the upgrade tab and moused over the mana icon and it would have told you how long til decay and then looked at the clock to see what time that would be...js
Except mousing over the mana Icon currently says 5:56, which is 10PM Eastern, not 10AM

DeletedUser8985

Ok...so it looks like mana decay is 4am EST which is 10am Germany time. The timer in the game has been incorrect for a long time.

Risen Malchiah

To confuse matters even further, I don't believe it's 4am at the moment. Now that Daylight savings is over, I believe it's now 3am. (Kinda like how the tournaments start and end at 1pm Eastern when they start at 2pm during the summer.)