• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wood Elves...what's the big picture?

ElfGunn

I've just started Wood Elves, and placed my first two willows. I'm at a bit of a loss...the portal, forest glade, doesn't come until so late in the chapter. It seems like all I'll be doing is placing willows and piling up mana...of which a young ocean is required to pay for tech.

What am I missing? All advice welcome.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You will be running up the middle without filling the outside edges. You need lots of mana producers, be they Willows or event buildings. Once you get all of the tech buildings, you need lots to make anything for tech research, or lots of portal profits.

ElfGunn

You will be running up the middle without filling the outside edges. You need lots of mana producers, be they Willows or event buildings. Once you get all of the tech buildings, you need lots to make anything for tech research, or lots of portal profits.

Thanks, besides the 2 willows, I've also placed a Festival Merchant I just crafted. I'm also mindful that I will eventually need 108 tiles for the goods makers.

DeletedUser27062

I LOVE woodelves, it's so pretty with all those trees!
my fav.jpg

You're going to need a lot of weeping willows in the beginning - 10 is not excessive. As you acquire more Festive Merchants you can get rid of the willows. FMs are the best source of mana per sq to my knowledge. You can make space by deleting your culture buildings. The weeping willows and other culture buildings specific to this chapter give a sh1t-ton of culture so go crazy and delete delete delete.
If you're looking to speed your way through you can skip the whole grafting section and PP your way through. There's a 'how-to' in this forum somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I agree with all of the above. I never placed a single willow; I just checked my MA around the clock to acquire enough festival merchants to get me through. I think I crafted 12 of them for the chapter. But remember that FMs do not give as much culture as willows, per square, so if you do that, keep your extremely high culture buildings and get rid of all the low value ones.

And I did what Eudaemonia mentioned; I portal profited my way through the chapter and didn't build many of the buildings. I get so many portal profits from the spire that I can do that without much difficulty. The spire is the best source for so many things.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
There's a quest you can't decline for like 6 marble (2x3), 6 steel (3x2), and 4 wood (3x3) grafting things so you're gonna need a lot of room. It's a pretty straightforward chapter as far as the settlement stuff goes though. Not so much recursive building nonsense like in Orcs.

DeletedUser27062

There's a quest you can't decline for like 6 marble (2x3), 6 steel (3x2), and 4 wood (3x3) grafting things so you're gonna need a lot of room. It's a pretty straightforward chapter as far as the settlement stuff goes though. Not so much recursive building nonsense like in Orcs.
I quit the quest train ages ago. It just felt... Redundant.