• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Woodelvenstock Daily Buildings - Late Game

• Thread starter DeletedUser9601
  • Start date

DeletedUser9601

I'm curious what people in Orcs+ are excited about (other than @SoggyShorts and his desire for another 20 Wishing Wells ;) ).

The Mystical Lake looks really nice for mana (and more importantly - it hasn't hit the daily list as of Beta Day 19).
The building set doesn't excite me, though maybe there's a way to make it nice and efficient. But as I'm about to be capped out on space, I'd rather not play that game.
There are quite a few nice Pop/Culture buildings like Woodelvenstock and the Chicken Glade.
The Acrobat State for pure Culture is also nice, but comes too early.

Also curious about how the new chest-opening mechanic makes focusing on the daily prize. Has anyone on beta tried the "save up all your tickets for one day"? Does the rotating prize percentages make success better or worse for this strategy? It seems like any 3 of the 9 could show up with each spin, though that's not totally clear to me.

DeletedUser9247

Going into Elementals in two techs.
As for the new chests I fear it's designed to take away any control we had over getting daily prize. I can imagine being very easily screwed by consistently getting set of chests all with low % for the daily ...on the other hand I've seen people post they hadn't felt much difference in the odds.
As for the prizes...I generally dislike set buildings as they take way to much room for the measly boosts they offer and destroy flexibility of the city design.
I have one set consisting of Troll mnt. and 10 Ice fountains and truth be told- it did away with any challenge to mana production, but it is frustratingly inconvenient when the city layout is changing forcing me to design my city around it, so I'm looking forward to get rid of it.
I see some worth in getting 2nd and 3 grand prizes for mana and seeds- but since I have lots of wonders, I drown in seeds and with Dragon Abbey producing 5k mana per spell I don't need the set for anything. And if you're not hitting halfligs there's so much less reason to get it. I won't even bother with the supplies and coin producing buildings since they are simply put- trash(comparing to regular production and wonders like Prosp. Tower).
Mystical lake doesn't look as good as Mana Hut if you look at the mana generation, but for those into halflings might be nice, since you can place 2 of it in space for 1 grape farm and have almost twice the mana.
The best culture seams to be Techno Tent and getting 2 of those is always nice option to have since they are generic 3x3.
I'm worried I still don't see time booster day. To be frank- it's the only prize I truly want.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm curious what people in Orcs+ are excited about (other than @SoggyShorts and his desire for another 20 Wishing Wells ;) )
I found the 12h timer to be very annoying- I'm an active player but the "I must stop what I'm doing and log in now" twice a day was not fun. I'm sure I missed 10% of my collections due to drift. They would be MUCH better on a 23h timer, or with simply 100 "charges"
On top of that, once I bought the cheap expansions diamonds dropped a lot in value, so I won't be going for wishing wells ever again.
. Has anyone on beta tried the "save up all your tickets for one day"? Does the rotating prize percentages make success better or worse for this strategy?
Completely anecdotal. but I had crazy good luck on mana huts (each one replaces a library!), but I also spent 2,000 tickets on mosh pits for the set getting ZERO of them.
Once you have the order memorized for what chest is best to get buildings you almost always have 1 good one out of the 3 chests
53>68>57>57>83>85>140>95>123

DeletedUser9601

On top of that, once I bought the cheap expansions diamonds dropped a lot in value, so I won't be going for wishing wells ever again.

It is kind of silly how quickly diamonds drop in relative value once you start buying expansions. I think the expansion cost grows too much, and it was probably an overreaction to the static expansion costs of old.

I also agree on the set timer. I had the same complaint about the Frozen Fountain (and really all of the set bonuses). You can't early-collect, and you can't set a production timer that fits your schedule. So you're going to end up missing a lot.

DeletedUser9601

Mystical lake doesn't look as good as Mana Hut if you look at the mana generation, but for those into halflings might be nice, since you can place 2 of it in space for 1 grape farm and have almost twice the mana.
The best culture seams to be Techno Tent and getting 2 of those is always nice option to have since they are generic 3x3.
I'm worried I still don't see time booster day. To be frank- it's the only prize I truly want.

Good call on Mana Hut. I never paid much attention to it, but its about 46 mana/sq/hr, compared to 33 mana/sq/hour of the Mystical Lake. And the culture difference between the two is pretty negligible.

I think Mana Hut and Techno Tent might be my go-to at this point. Unfortunately Techno Tent is Day 4, so I'll probably only have a few rolls at that one.

Agreed on timers. Though I'm 1 tech into Elementals (it seems like we're similarly progressed), and timer value goes down a bit for me if there's no chapter announced by the time I finish Elementals. I love timers, but I find that between FAs and mini-events, its not too hard to pick up a few nice ones for things I feel like I "have" to rush (like Trader and MH upgrades).

DeletedUser

must have been a momentary error i just happened to catch

Correct. And because it was the previous day's Daily when I logged into my Beta this morning, I didn't bother doing anything. This afternoon, when I logged back in, there was the notice that it was fixed and the correct prize was displayed, I looked to see what it was, and I shouldn't have looked. Managed to scrape together enough tickets for two chests, and got Instances. Not a happy camper. If it had been the correct display this morning, I'd have worked my south 40 off for it.

At least I've got a few other chances to get it on Live, anyway.

DeletedUser9247

Wow, the Mystical Lake is by far the best building in this event for Elemental level players. I can replace all my torches with smaller buildings.
Lake's culture is its +75/sq from torch and mana /sq/h is the same as torch...mana hut has +10 mana sq/h. So depends what do you need more. Considering huts can fit pretty much anywhere and have great timers it's certainly good idea to get a few.
I may be tempted to try DA+mana huts only setup....would be a blast for space.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Lake's culture is its +75/sq from torch and mana /sq/h is the same as torch...mana hut has +10 mana sq/h. So depends what do you need more. Considering huts can fit pretty much anywhere and have great timers it's certainly good idea to get a few.
I may be tempted to try DA+mana huts only setup....would be a blast for space.

Note also that the torch also goes 1 square further from the road than the mystic lake. That cuts down on road space allowing more room for pure culture, so I would say the lake and torch are pretty much the same.

EDIT: Need to correct my statement now that I crunched the numbers. The mystical lake does have a slightly higher mana per square than the torch fountain, enough to make a significant difference in road considerations. 75 torch fountains and 128 lakes produce the same mana. The lakes take up 48 fewer squares, while the fountains require 42 fewer roads. So the extra square back is already offset by the slightly higher mana production of the lakes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Wow, the Mystical Lake is by far the best building in this event for Elemental level players. I can replace all my torches with smaller buildings.
I thought so, but I think now I'm much more interested in the Festival Merchant (on day 20) - a 4x3 building that gives 1,140 Divine Seeds every 24 hours (plus 100 culture/sq - not that it really matters).

Assuming Seeds are as important in the Cat Chapter or whatever comes next, and since there are other mana buildings available in Elementals (the Torch, etc.), I think I'd rather have 5-6 Festival Merchants to boost my seed production.

I'm admittedly behind most others on AWs, though (I think I have 60-something AW levels) so seeds are much more of a gating item for me. I can always boost mana with my Dragon Abbey + spells.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I thought so, but I think now I'm much more interested in the Festival Merchant (on day 20) - a 4x3 building that gives 1,140 Divine Seeds every 24 hours (plus 100 culture/sq - not that it really matters).

Hopefully the Golden palaces will have another show. My halfling level golden palaces have better seed production per square than the elemental level festival merchant.

DeletedUser9601

Hopefully the Golden palaces will have another show. My halfling level golden palaces have better seed production per square than the elemental level festival merchant.
Based on GamersGems, we won't see Golden Palaces during Woodstock. But yes, fingers crossed they start getting added as an FA reward, or maybe as a daily during the next major event.

DeletedUser5521

Won 3 Mystical Lakes on Beta, and placed 1 last night. Not very excited about buildings with 24-hour production that have no early collect opportunity, but other than that it's a lovely building and will give (me, Woodelves) 3,200 mana every day :)

DeletedUser9601

Won 3 Mystical Lakes on Beta, and placed 1 last night. Not very excited about buildings with 24-hour production that have no early collect opportunity, but other than that it's a lovely building and will give (me, Woodelves) 3,200 mana every day :)
No early collect? That's surprising/disappointing. I think I'd skip if it that's the case and get the military buildings from the day before.

DeletedUser5521

No early collect? That's surprising/disappointing.

mystical lake.png

Nope. :oops:

DeletedUser9247

Not very excited about buildings with 24-hour production that have no early collect opportunity, but other than that it's a lovely building and will give (me, Woodelves) 3,200 mana every day :)
that's the problem- it won't be every day. I have enough headache from mana fountains already- 24h without an early collect is a pain in the donkey. Pass on teh lake however pretty it might be.