• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Woodelves Chapter shortcut?

StarLoad

A member in my FS has asked if this would work out and save KP, I will try to explain it and keep it simple
1622066148245.png

Using the Elvengems diagram the member is planning on doing all up to number 11 and after that not following the Elvengems path below

1622066330872.png

Note the tree shown above is not accurate as it was updated so below is what he wants to do, with the red marks
woodelves.jpg

He has enough Portal Profits to get through so will this work?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
He needs to add Forest Fabrication, but other than that I think he's good. The Forest Fab is needed to upgrade Forest Glade, which is the settlement portal. Eventually he needs the upgraded capacity for the end techs. It's a pretty unencumbered portal profits chapter. PPs give you wood ghosts, wind chimes, and treant sprouts and that's all the techs ask for.

(but it's such a pretty chapter with all the autumn colors! stay and appreciate the scenery!)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When I did woodelves in my Beta city, I never built anything other than the portal, leveled it up, and used portal profits for the entire chapter. I still completed all the techs, though, because they are good for those pesky event quests.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I never built anything other than the portal, leveled it up,
Where did you get the mana tears to upgrade your portal?
It takes 11,880 mana tears to upgrade it to lvl 4. They're not capped, so portal profits don't give them. The only way I see to upgrade the portal is to build Forest Fabrications, make the mana tears for the upgrades and then sell off the Fabrications. You can do all the research with portal profits, just not the upgrades to the portal (unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible, lol!)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Where did you get the mana tears to upgrade your portal?
It takes 11,880 mana tears to upgrade it to lvl 4. They're not capped, so portal profits don't give them. The only way I see to upgrade the portal is to build Forest Fabrications, make the mana tears for the upgrades and then sell off the Fabrications. You can do all the research with portal profits, just not the upgrades to the portal (unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible, lol!)

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. It has been a while. lol

I think I built 3 or 4 of them?

DeletedUser27062

A member in my FS has asked if this would work out and save KP, I will try to explain it and keep it simple
View attachment 9849
Using the Elvengems diagram the member is planning on doing all up to number 11 and after that not following the Elvengems path below

View attachment 9850
Note the tree shown above is not accurate as it was updated so below is what he wants to do, with the red marks
View attachment 9851

He has enough Portal Profits to get through so will this work?
He needs to complete the forest stream and forest fabrication. I completed this chapter in 4 weeks using PP and opting to skip grafting.