• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Workaround a Quest

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I have a quest that tells me to upgrade 4 workshops to level 42. I'd do it but all I have in workshops is 10 lvl 1 for quests. I don't use large workshops (magical or not) and certainly don't have the room to put in 4 large workshops back in for a single quest. Any suggestions... other than skipping the rest of the quests for chapter 19?

AJ

Zoof

I have a quest that tells me to upgrade 4 workshops to level 42. I'd do it but all I have in workshops is 10 lvl 1 for quests. I don't use large workshops (magical or not) and certainly don't have the room to put in 4 large workshops back in for a single quest. Any suggestions... other than skipping the rest of the quests for chapter 19?

AJ
Other than the suggestion that @TimeMachine provided (support ticket) or your own suboptimal solution, the best suboptimal solution I can think of would be the steps outlined below, if you don't mind burning teleports and you haven't disenchanted (or have obtained) the magic workshops you might have from Spire to work with.

1. Teleport out all 7 of your lv 41 armories. This won't affect your troops already enqueued.
2. Knock out the 5 roads across from your MM adjacent to your steel manufactories.
3. Place the 4 magic workshops* in the gap created.
4. Solve the quest.
5. Burn more teleports to undo everything. Unless you really want to destroy those workshops. I don't recommend it, in case chapter 20 wants you to do it too.

If I have your city located correctly, it would look something like this at the end of step 3:

1678254049225.png

Flashfyre

This is why I keep 2 regular WS and 2 reg Residences at least 1 chapter behind where I currently am in inventory; it gives me 1-2 upgrade potentials depending on where the quest comes along. True, sometimes making the space for them might be troublesome, but since you can upgrade 1, teleport it, then bring out another while still satisfying the quest (as we know, they are additive not cumulative), finding room for 1 is easier than finding room for 4.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
AJ, while I understand your issue and agree with your plight, the quest is not "impossible," just tricky in your case. Please consider editing your title to reflect this.

ajqtrz

@Zoof this idea, obviously, would work. I have some buildings expiring in a day or so so I will have enough room to put in one building in at a time. Support told me to just wait to the end of the chapter and bypass it. Argggg....
I do keep magic workshops and residences in inventory. The only problem with it is that I would need 4 blue prints. I have 1. I do think, as @The Fairy, I did read that you get two upgrades if you upgrade a magic one. It's in the tool tip for the quest, but only if they come from the previous chapter -- which is why @Flashfyre's comment is applicable. In any case, maybe at the end of the tournament I can waste some blueprints upgrading two buildings (or four if they are more than a chapter behind). Then I'll immediately put back away...in essence wasting 2-4 blueprints and 4-10 teleports. Arggggg....

Thanks everybody for the comments and help. Not fun, but doable.

AJ

ajqtrz

So I put back 1 magic workshop, upgraded it, and got credit for upgrading 2. I put it away so I could use the pop and space to upgrade the second. But the "2" went away and now it says, "upgrade 4" again.

I suspect you have to finish the whole quest before putting anything away. They really should let us know that.

AJ

ps. I sent a msg to support explaining my problem, how I "solved" it (using the Zoof's suggestion), and how it didn't work the way I thought it would. Hopefully, they'll issue a credit as either a returned blue print, or preferably, credit for 1/2 of that part of the quest.

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
ps. I sent a msg to support explaining my problem, how I "solved" it (using the Zoof's suggestion), and how it didn't work the way I thought it would. Hopefully, they'll issue a credit as either a returned blue print, or preferably, credit for 1/2 of that part of the quest.
Couldn't you just teleport the one back you had already leveled? Those quests are usually finished when I get them as I have already upgraded my WS when I get the quest.

ajqtrz

Couldn't you just teleport the one back you had already leveled? Those quests are usually finished when I get them as I have already upgraded my WS when I get the quest.
That's the problem. When I built it I did teleport it back to inventory (teleports only go one way). before I did I checked to see if the upgrade counted as two (which it did). After teleporting it back into inventory though, the count went to 0.

The question I now have is: Since the quest says to upgrade and doesn't show that I did so, if I put it back and can't upgrade it, would it set the counter back to 2 (recognizing the previous upgrade) or would I be starting all over? I could try it, but then I'd be wasting another teleport spell if it didn't work as I would have to put it back into inventory.

In any case, I don't have the pop or room for 2 at a time, and while I could get that by removing some other buildings and adding some other, the whole thing is getting very expensive as the only reason I'd need the buildings I would bring out is to up my pop so that I could have 2 workshops (I have none except 10 lvl 1's). In the end then, I'd be using teleport spells to move 2 workshops out (once the quest is done), in addition to the one I already used to put the first one away, and multiple to take out whatever buildings I put in just to get the pop for the quest. So that's a minimum of 5 teleports provided I have 2 large enough pop buildings in inventory I can use and then send back to inventory. It really shouldn't be that costly. And, don't forget, I've already spent one blueprint so the cost may be 3 blueprints instead of 2, as well.

I'm waiting for support's response. They are "looking into it."

I'll keep you posted.

AJ

Lady Dastardly

I have a quest that tells me to upgrade 4 workshops to level 42.
I suspect the problem is that you're thinking about it like the event quests where you have to upgrade X number of buildings and it's the act of upgrading that is being counted for quest fulfillment. This quest is asking you to have 4 workshops (or 2 magic) that are level 42 (or Ch. 19 for the magic). It's the level of the workshops that matters, not the act of upgrading. That means you must have them in your city at the same time in order for the quest to complete.