• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Not a bug Working as designed or bug?

JackofShadows

Quest name: Crafting
Quest goal: Gain 2 combining catalysts
Quest reward: 10 Combining Catalysts.
Quest text: You can now produce the crafting resource "Combining Catalyst" in the Magic Academy. However, similar to the Enchantments you find there, certain Relics must be sacrificed.

All of which sounds fine except that I've unlocked the Crafting tech (you can't get to this quest without doing that), and in my Magic Academy, the Combining Catalyst still is greyed out. Mousing over it, it says to unlock it in the tech tree.

I have looked through my tech tree all the way through chapter V. I'm currently in chapter III. Does "Magical Inspirations" unlock the Combining Catalyst? If so, then the tooltip needs to be changed to reflect it.

Otherwise, the Crafting tech needs to unlock the CC.

Or the tooltip on the CC in the MA needs to say what tech needs to be researched.

How am I supposed to gain Combining Catalysts?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I haven't studied the new tech tree. But I suggest you contact support and ask them. (The little nut at the bottom right of your game while in game, and then click on the question mark ... you probably know that, since you've been showing a lot of intelligence in your interactions here so far, but I thought I'd mention it in case other people are lurking and need the info.)

JackofShadows

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I haven't studied the new tech tree. But I suggest you contact support and ask them. (The little nut at the bottom right of your game while in game, and then click on the question mark ... you probably know that, since you've been showing a lot of intelligence in your interactions here so far, but I thought I'd mention it in case other people are lurking and need the info.)
Oddly enough, when I logged in today, the issue had resolved itself. The catalysts are now available in my Magic Academy.

It's possible that it's one of these things that requires a log out/in to properly refresh.

This can be marked as closed since it's resolved.