• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Workshops

What is the best number of Workshops to have? I recently made the decision to build a few more, do far I added one, I might add 3 more if it turns out I won't have too many...

Iyapo1

This depends on your city build and playstyle. I run with 5 and then as I win Magic Workshops I drop that. 3 is my current low. But all 3 are Magic Workshops. I tournament pretty heavily so I have plenty of PoP spells. I am also putting in a Prosperity Towers. I cater exclusively. A player who fights would need more for making troops.

Edit to add: I also have plenty of supply rains from topping the spire and crafting.

Huor

I fight unless I see no other choice and at this time I have 4. 2 fully leveled to current chapter (7) and 2 fully leveled to the previous chapter. The tides building is worth 2 workshops when I use it for that. If I start to "feel low on supplies", I use a PoP on the overnight (9 hour) production on 1 or both of the current chapter buildings, and usually by the end of the day, I feel better stocked. I also try and keep the sun shining in my city for 70% additional production as often as I can. Every now and then I'll drop an Ensorcelled Endowment to kick it up a notch. Having a good fellowship and neighbors that keep your city polished is a great thing!

Now when I add a shroom's and double the training size....

Last edited by a moderator:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Hi @Frost Knight
In chapter 16 I have 10. In Chapter 2 I have 14, I see you are chapter 3 with 7, so I'd advice a few more.

I also took a look at your city, you can save 2 expansions worth of roads to make more room for buildings, including workshops.
Take a look at ElvenArchitect below.

Finally, your boosts are Planks, Scrolls and Dust, so those are the only manufactories you should build now, and trade for the other resources.
You can swap out your steel, scrolls and crystal manufactories for your boosted goods on that level, and benefit in resources production.

Hi @Frost Knight
In chapter 16 I have 10. In Chapter 2 I have 14, I see you are chapter 3 with 7, so I'd advice a few more.

I also took a look at your city, you can save 2 expansions worth of roads to make more room for buildings, including workshops.
Take a look at ElvenArchitect below.

Finally, your boosts are Planks, Scrolls and Dust, so those are the only manufactories you should build now, and trade for the other resources.
You can swap out your steel, scrolls and crystal manufactories for your boosted goods on that level, and benefit in resources production.

Yeah, I was thinking 10 would be a good number, thanks!

Gladiola

I think 7 is the best number because it is useful for events, which often have a produce 3 workshop items combined with a produce 4 workshop items quest either immediately or shortly after. It is also a useful number for FAs, where you can have 5 workshops set for shorter productions (brewers, carpenters, farmers) while still slowly producing blacksmiths with the other 2 workshops.

I currently have six workshops: One at my current chapter level (level 15), three at the previous level (level 8), and two level 4 2x2 workshops. (I also have 3 level 1s that I put in my dwarves settlement area temporarily while I unlocked copper foundries and produced goods to upgrade the portal, but they will probably be removed in the next couple days to build more dwarves stuff.)

I do a lot of quest cycling to provide adequate supplies to build troops and do tournament and Spire. I use a Power of Provision spell about once or twice a week just on the highest level workshop for extra supplies.

My layout for dwarves/fairies isn't really implemented yet. When I upgrade the residences and workshops to dwarves level, I plan to add a magic workshop I won in the Spire so that I'll have two full-sized (dwarven) workshops, one magic and one regular. I might cut down to five total workshops at that time.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm an advocate of just listening to your city. I don't let someone else dictate how many of anything I should have in my own city. My playing style AND schedule is going to differ from someone else's. Maybe someone can sit around all day making brews, but you can't. Then your same number of workshops are going to produce drastically different amount of tools. If I constantly need to use supply windfalls, my city is telling me I need to build more workshops. As a fighting city, I don't depend on supply windfalls for normal daily needs bc they're saved for Brown Bear. Same with number of factories. If your inventory numbers are falling week after week, build more. If they're growing too fast, stop upgrading or store them. The game is too open ended for you to need to lock yourself to any particular number of anything. It's all going to be up to your playing style.

Huor

One cool thing to do if you have Ferris wheel galore's is they make nice little workshops. I keep one out at a time and it gives me 50k supplies (based on 500k supply storage) every two days in a 2x3 space. Compare it to a level 18 workshop at 6x3 for ~30k per day. Not bad for just something to do.

While I did purchase 1 each in my 2 smaller cities, they are
the hardest prize to win in the Spire... so thats 4 in more than
2.5 years of playtime combined....

I can't get that high up in the Spire Of Eternity, but I can scroll up and take a peek. There WAS a Magic Workshop as a final prize! I wish I could've made it!
How long will Spire Of Eternity run?

BrinDarby

Frost,
boss of lvl-1 has chance for Magic Residence.
boss of lvl-2 has a chance for Magic Workshop.
boss of lvl-3 has neither......

so each week there's a shot @ 1 at each.

Last edited: