• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World Map not outside city I visited

OIM20

Access details:
Version: v1.147.3-(9aeee24) - html5 (2022-02-17 08:32)
World: Sinya Arda
Browser: Firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
:elf:
Reproducibility: 4/5 = happens often but not always (or at least, not with every player whose city I visit, as it did happen every time I attempted to visit LrdDane)

Active quests:
  • "Granite is a Dwarf's Best Friend"
  • "Perfect Logistics"
Issue: When I click on the "house" next to a player's name in my FS, I go into their city. I then clicked the world map, but instead of being outside their city, I was outside my own. It happened three times (I only recorded the once... Well, I recorded the second time, but I forgot I had my mic on and you would have gotten inappropriate audio from Law and Order: SVU that I had on in the background. So I turned the mic off and recorded it again.)

I continued to record and visited a different player's city (also in my FS), and when I went to the world map from there, I was outside their city, as expected.

Player whose city sent me back to my own section of the world map: LrdDane

Player whose world map I was able to view: nomadt

Video:
Video Password: world-map

I remember someone reported this last year, but I can't find the thread. :(

Last edited:

OIM20

Yes. New video:

password: world-map

I started in LrdDane's city, which puts me outside my own city when I click the map button, then went to two other players' cities from inside mine - nomadt and Padraig - and was placed outside their cities when I clicked the world map button. I tried LrdDane's city again, and was placed outside my own again instead of theirs.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Enevhar Aldarion and @iamthouth are correct.
I consider this a 'feature' when I'm looking up center cities for world maps for updates (I do this on browser). Search for the city center player name, visit, go to map from that city. If the center has changed, it'll dump me at my city and I know it's time to update the map center city.

OIM20

@iamthouth - It hasn't corrected in a "few days" though. Those two videos were posted on the days they were made. The first was on 19 February, the second today. That's more than 2 weeks.

ETA: @helya: Private Browsing video:

It is acting as @iamthouth, @Enevhar Aldarion, and @samidodamage describe in that the cities which are inactive are causing me to be dumped outside my own city on the world map. I tested it on a coupe of -0- score cities. However, even if this is a normal mechanism as @Enevhar Aldarion describes, it's not clearing up as it should. 16 days is a long time. (And 50 pages is a lot of cities to be sitting at -0- and not deleted from the server, tbh.)

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@iamthouth - It hasn't corrected in a "few days" though. Those two videos were posted on the days they were made. The first was on 19 February, the second today. That's more than 2 weeks.

ETA: @helya: Private Browsing video:

It is acting as @iamthouth, @Enevhar Aldarion, and @samidodamage describe in that the cities which are inactive are causing me to be dumped outside my own city on the world map. I tested it on a coupe of -0- score cities. However, even if this is a normal mechanism as @Enevhar Aldarion describes, it's not clearing up as it should. 16 days is a long time. (And 50 pages is a lot of cities to be sitting at -0- and not deleted from the server, tbh.)

This player has been archived, so they no longer have a spot on the World map. It's not really a bug, they're just working through their progression towards deletion.

OIM20

Out of curiosity, how long does that usually take after archival? Is it the 'one month of no activity' timetable?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Out of curiosity, how long does that usually take after archival? Is it the 'one month of no activity' timetable?
I'm not allowed to share, there's an entire scale for account deletions/archival based on a bunch of different criteria. Sorry.