• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

world differences?

Aritra

I was just wondering if there were any actual differences between "worlds."
I am currently working on my first city and it is in Winyandor. When I began, I don't recall if I was assigned that world or if I chose it, and if I chose it, it was blind because I knew nothing about one versus another so it was a kind of random click.
Now I'm just curious if there's a difference. If so, pros and cons? No idea...
I suspect that it is simply names given to different servers (no idea how many servers there are, whether this is plausible explanation or not), but wondering if there is more to it than that (if that's it).
And, separate question, when players have cities in different worlds, is that because they can't have multiple cities in the same world?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The worlds are pretty much the same, especially the first 5. The rest are a little newer, that's all.
You are allowed to have multiple cities on the same server, but they aren't supposed to interact unfairly with each other. This is called "pushing" and is against the rules.

Aritra

When I reach the point of starting another city, how do I choose which world?
(I don't remember how I wound up in Winyandor, if I was assigned or I chose it, in which case it would have been completely random.)

A comment was made about some worlds are newer and others older? What would be the difference? Does that matter?

NightshadeCS

Your first city, the world is assigned at random. To start a new city, you simply have to click the "start in a new world" button on the login screen (if playing mobile, log out and you will find it). You can then choose one of the other worlds.

I don't think it much matters which world you choose. Older ones tend to have more people, so possibly more trading, etc, but it shouldn't make a huge difference. Sometimes people become friends with folks in their FS and then want to start a city in the world where those friends also have cities so they can play with them there.

I am pretty sure the worlds are listed in order of age when you are choosing a new one to start. Arendyll is the oldest, followed by Winyandor, etc.