• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map Centers

LisaMV

OK - it is time for me to post:
In Khel, my smallest city, I am at the end of Ch. 11. I am in the #1 fellowship in that world, have a decent T avg, and top the spire every week.

In all my time here, my neighborhood has gone from horrid to better, to descent-ish... then after the big move I lost the small handful of nice trading neighbors I had. But NOW -yikes! Every week it seems to get worse, and now a huge portion of my city map is MH only for help, I have a ton of "Coin Cities", my trader is often less than one page :eek:, and usually full of teeny cross-tier trades from a few neighbors only.

@helya = Could this be one of those weird 'fall through the cracks' things? If so, could you help?
If not, how long must I work as a missionary in Khel? lol. I do vacuum up all those tiny trades...

I am posting a sceenshot from today, before I finished NH on my world map. (NOT! lol, oops - file too large)
Anyway, in the last 4 rows of my map, I have 9 coin cities now. NINE! :confused:

I don't usually worry too much about these things, but this is getting seriously ridiculous.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
OK - it is time for me to post:
In Khel, my smallest city, I am at the end of Ch. 11. I am in the #1 fellowship in that world, have a decent T avg, and top the spire every week.

In all my time here, my neighborhood has gone from horrid to better, to descent-ish... then after the big move I lost the small handful of nice trading neighbors I had. But NOW -yikes! Every week it seems to get worse, and now a huge portion of my city map is MH only for help, I have a ton of "Coin Cities", my trader is often less than one page :eek:, and usually full of teeny cross-tier trades from a few neighbors only.

@helya = Could this be one of those weird 'fall through the cracks' things? If so, could you help?
If not, how long must I work as a missionary in Khel? lol. I do vacuum up all those tiny trades...

I am posting a sceenshot from today, before I finished NH on my world map. (NOT! lol, oops - file too large)
Anyway, in the last 4 rows of my map, I have 9 coin cities now. NINE! :confused:

I don't usually worry too much about these things, but this is getting seriously ridiculous.
It's possible, or it's also possible it's very active and the trader is always emptied and there's a lot of visiting so all culture is polished before you get to it. You're welcome to submit a ticket and I'll look. Manual movement has still not been activated so we have a lot of players hanging about in limbo waiting.

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. Some changes to surrounding cities.

US7 Center 202202220 1946.jpg

Surrounding cities are Daenestra-1811 (northwest), re1zen (northeast), Zimos (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Traveler74912 (southeast).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
US1 has changed and is now Dr. Zeus, and most of the surrounding cities are new too. DocPablo is still to the lower left of center, so when searching for Arendyll's center, use him, just in case the center has changed again.

LisaMV

@helya ~ not really sure why I should submit a ticket when nothing can be done :( and not sure what the ticket should say, every week this is getting worse - I now count 14-16 'coin' cities! I am clearly on the edge of the world, surrounded by mostly infants; the trader is often empty, or only has a few players in it.
I am not sure what the criteria is for moving a city, but I must not be making the cut. Let's see:
- In #1 Fellowship on Khel
- Daily player
- Active in trading, world map NH, all events+
- buy diamonds
Am I missing something? *sigh* Just trying to understand what I am doing to warrant my being here.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya ~ not really sure why I should submit a ticket when nothing can be done :( and not sure what the ticket should say, every week this is getting worse - I now count 14-16 'coin' cities! I am clearly on the edge of the world, surrounded by mostly infants; the trader is often empty, or only has a few players in it.
I am not sure what the criteria is for moving a city, but I must not be making the cut. Let's see:
- In #1 Fellowship on Khel
- Daily player
- Active in trading, world map NH, all events+
- buy diamonds
Am I missing something? *sigh* Just trying to understand what I am doing to warrant my being here.
The criteria is pretty simple, furthest active players out from the center are moved first, but I have found some players get skipped, so until we have a working manual movement option, I check to see if you're indeed in an inactive area and if so, submit your city to the devs to be looked into. It can take a while, but most of the players on my list have been moved.

LisaMV

The criteria is pretty simple, furthest active players out from the center are moved first, but I have found some players get skipped, so until we have a working manual movement option, I check to see if you're indeed in an inactive area and if so, submit your city to the devs to be looked into. It can take a while, but most of the players on my list have been moved.
@helya OK - I put in a ticket, and got the 'form letter' response... can you find it? Not sure how that works on your end.
:)
Ever Hopefully Yours,
Stranded in Khel
(lol)

Last edited:

Ihrlaen

Stranded in Khel
(lol)

If only you could move to one of the 20 mines in the southern third of my explored map - lots of room! It is pretty clear I am on the very edge of the consolidation zone with plenty of turnover happening every week. Quick shoutout to any of the "locals" who might visit the forums remaining after the great migration that have kept our immediate economy moving! THANK YOU!

Ihrlaen, Lady of the Southern Khelonar Hills and Barren Reaches.

LisaMV

UPDATE: I now have around 20 gold-coins-for-neighbors. :rolleyes:
ugh. Going in the wrong direction, it seems.

DeletedUser30612

They are clustering the coin pits now. My coin pits in Elcysandir and Khelonaar are all in the same area. I’ve started working on my little human account more in case it gets real bad

Hueanthar

US7 center is still Demko. One change to surrounding cities.

US7 Center 20220330 2058.jpg

Surrounding cities are Daenestra-1811 (northwest), Ekanar (northeast), Zimos (west), Twinkle7 (east), HereticJ (southwest) and Traveler74912 (southeast).

mikeledo

so INNO's worlds are flat and don't wrap around? So how would that work with cities at the edge? They can only expand on one direction?

Zoof

so INNO's worlds are flat and don't wrap around? So how would that work with cities at the edge? They can only expand on one direction?
If Elvenar wasn't a flat world, then we'd have to cancel all our Abyssal BASE Jumping activities.

But seriously, it doesn't work. Cities at the edge would basically have (many or almost all) coin mines all at one side. Or more if they're on a corner of the hexagon. Or even more if they're very unlucky with the moving algorithm.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What I posted in the other thread about city movement:

There is one unfortunate thing that everyone has to remember about how the world map is set up. Each server has a center location and all cities are placed in the concentric rings around that center, slowly filling up each ring further and further from this center. What that means is that there will always be a bunch of cities in the outermost rings who will always have zero neighbors in two directions. The servers are realistically unlimited for these rings, so, unlike the real world, you cannot travel so far east that you find the western edge of the cities. There will always be that edge, and empty space, in all directions from the center.