• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map encounters

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
X sword means the entire stack died.

The game also offers a somewhat new element called Vitality Surge that lets you heal troops up to a percentage, which is a better free option. I find the best time to use them are in multi-wave battles with Spire Bosses. They can be crafted or won in events. More info in this post. Another option is the Twilight Phoenix building, which works similarly, but it only works if you feed it and Pet Food is hard to come by.

Note: T roop production in early game is pretty woeful in terms of training speed (how fast) and training size (how big of a stack) due to low barrack/training ground level and wimpy armories. It’s easy to over-extend troops, or kill them faster than you can make them back. Therefore, it’s more effective to cater in early game for the most part.

Ggal

Thanks both of you! Though I've been playing for awhile, I'm just starting to try fighting instead of negotiating. Under army camp, when it says golem 18.2, is that the # per squad? In an encounter I've somehow managed to win despite having a smaller squad size. How does that work? Sorry for all the questions but I have difficulty understanding all of the wiki since it isn't the same as what I see on the tablet.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Under army camp, when it says golem 18.2, is that the # per squad?
Correct. Squad size doesn't really affect Tourney and Spire anymore, just map encounters btw.
In an encounter I've somehow managed to win despite having a smaller squad size. How does that work? Sorry for all the questions but I have difficulty understanding all of the wiki since it isn't the same as what I see on the tablet.
It's not unusual. Your troops might be outnumbered, but they can be stronger if you have certain wonders, buff buildings down, or fed Fire Phoenix. The combo of enemy troops also affects difficulty. Some combos are easier to fight than others. For example, heavy melee enemies can never reach a light range, blossom mage, or Priest due to their low movement numbers, but your units are very effective against slow these bumbling units. Other combos are really difficult.

On mobile, you only have the option to autofight, which means the AI controls both you and the enemy troops, but you don't see the fight play out. Browser has this option to autofight as well, but it has other options too, like manual fight, hybrid fight, or watch AI autofight. However, the underlying fighting mechanics are still the same whether you autofight on mobile or browser. Starts like a chess board with both sides lined up on either end. It ends when one side lost all their troops. You're just missing out on all the animation playing out.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's not unusual to come out ahead even despite the enemy having many more troops, if you have better matchups for those troops. For example, the enemy can have twice as many archers as you have light melee, but your light melee can still win.

I would advise you to hold onto your vitality surges, if you get them (they are represented by a red heart) until you are stronger. No sense in wasting them. If your squad size is, say, 50 now and you use a 50 percent vitality surge, you are getting a heck of a lot less troops than if you wait until you're stronger with bigger squad sizes.

I would also advise against spending diamonds to restore your troops. That's a total waste of diamonds that you need to max out your magic academy or get another builder, or whatever. As Lelanya said, that can get pretty expensive pretty fast, for very little gain. While you're at it, make sure you have the "confirm diamond purchase" button on (in your tools at the lower right hand side of your game screen.) You don't want to accidentally use diamonds on something silly like that. When you have "confirm diamond purchase" set, then you'll get a popup warning you if you're about to spend diamonds without realizing it. It sure has saved me money.

Flashfyre

Just to further clarify some points made by the others:
1. When selecting your Barracks (or Merc Camp or Training Grounds) the Army Camp will show you how many Squads you have - 4.4, 17.9, 50.1, etc.
2. When looking into an Armory, the Training Size shown is a combo of your Base Training Size + the Armory Boost x # of Armories. This is the total # of single troops you train in each of the 5 slots in the Barracks (Merc or Grounds as well).
3. Your Squad Size (which on mobile is damn hard to find) is the total # of single troops you are allowed to muster into 1 Squad. This will be different from the Training Size.

So, for example:
a) You can train 2000 troops
b) You can put 1000 troops into each squad
c) so you have just trained 2 squads.

And each of these changes based on the Troop Size of each unit (i.e. how much room it takes up in the squad). This is another data point that is easier to find on the browser version of the game than on mobile. Basically, a Lt Melee is Size 1, meaning if your Squad Size is 1000, divided by 1, you can fit 1000. Heavy Melee, OTOH, is Size 6, so 1000 Squad Size divided by 6 = 166.67. Which means you get less troops per squad when compared to the Lt Melee.
This is why the Squad Size and Training Size will both change according to the Troop Size inside the Barracks/Merc/Grounds.