• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World Map Extended Zoom

Agree?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

It would be fantastic to be able to zoom out on the world map to get a better grasp on what area to next scout. It would make it easier to see which provinces are closer to your city and just generally helpful.

DeletedUser61

If you're using Chrome or Edge you can Zoom the Browser tab using the mouse wheel or the browser menu. Firefox not so much.

You won't like the results.
US1Zoomed50.jpg

DeletedUser

Katwijk......

You just made my day! Thanks :)

an in game tool would be even better so certain items would remain legible but I can work with this. I don't need it all the time, just when I need to see the greater picture!! <3

DeletedUser2753

In Edge it is easiest to use the zoom found at the upper right three dots (more) drop-down which has zoom + & - of 75% 50 % 25% and 10%

DeletedUser

Katwijk......

You just made my day! Thanks :)

an in game tool would be even better so certain items would remain legible but I can work with this. I don't need it all the time, just when I need to see the greater picture!! <3
I'm glad you asked this question! Thank you. I agree an in game function would be even better.

If you're using Chrome or Edge you can Zoom the Browser tab using the mouse wheel or the browser menu. Firefox not so much.

You won't like the results.
Thank you very much for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser68

I’ve tidied up some stacked posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.
  • The easiest technique is to simply start typing in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
  • If you want to add another thought, and it would make sense to revise your recently posted message,
    simply click the "Edit" link just below your posted message.
  • If you want to add attributed quotes to a message that you’re already posted, you can
    Cut them from the normal edit box and then Paste them into an edit box for the existing message.
For a more elaborate conversation, a very effective technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page.

index.php

• Click Reply only if you want to quote one entire message
  • Click + Quote if you want to quote several entire messages
  • Highlight and click Reply if you want to quote one snippet
  • Highlight and click + Quote if you want to quote several snippets
If you're using +Quote, you can actually reorganize the snippets before you paste them into the edit box at the bottom of the page.

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post
that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL'][URL]https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL]
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature blocks. including image links and all text, may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.
Code:
[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: