• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived World Map Loads as Someone Else's City

DeletedUser

Bug description: When loading the World Map, another player's town is shown. The screen still acts as if I am interacting with the Map (loads a province when I click where a building is displayed).
Browser and version: Firefox 38.0.5
Account Name: Phoequndt
World: Arendyll
Human or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: 3/5
Quest title: N/A
Reproduction Steps: Unpredictable, no known trigger other than clicking bottom menu icon for world map view.
Screenshots of the bug:
MAPBUG.jpg

[EDIT] Just played around with it a bit, wound up blindly clicking into some towns I didn't recognize. This problem persisted, repeatedly and without variation, until I refreshed the browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18

Thank you nigiru. According to Muf-Muf's post, this means that you may have accessed the rankings and then proceeded through the steps there. If this is the case, then the developers have been informed and this will be fixed in a future update. If this is not the case, please let us know.

DeletedUser

Excellent! I'm glad someone else was able to track that sequence of interactions better than I did. This is definitely what happens. Map->Visit->Rankings->Visit->Map(City of 1st visit)->Home->Map(Still city). When clicking on the CityMap in the center, where the Main Hall is shown, it takes me to that city again, correctly displaying the user profile at top-left.

Valtitude

Aargh! Even trying to report my flavor of this bug has been a hassle tonight.

I visit other players cities via Rankings > Visit > City > Home. Tonight I followed that path, redeemed goods in my home city, started the goods sequence again and decided to explore the World Map. I was immediately taken to the World Map view of the last player I visited thru Rankings, not my city.

See attachment.

Attachments

• Elvenar Bug City World Map.jpg
    Elvenar Bug City World Map.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 70

DeletedUser

[edit] Apparently this was intentional. It's in Release notes version 0.20.
But there's a UI button to center back on your city.

Last edited by a moderator: