• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Worth keeping Cerberus?

DeletedUser5278

I'm in level 2. I'm not a good fight gamer - and have only won one battle to date. As such, I have to negotiate every encounter. Given this, does it make sense for me to keep my Cerberus - or am I better off selling it and using that space for other purposes?

DeletedUser3297

Squad size upgrades grow exponentially, and so do province encounters outside of your next advanced scout. If you stay within the province count for the next chapter, the scout will reduce the squads faced in provinces, making battles winnable. If you continue to scout outside your advanced scout technology, you will only be able to negotiate.

Tip: mouse-over the chest for your next chapter to get an idea of where you should be to make battles winnable.

Here is an example of how squadsize upgrades work:

Your initial squad size is 6 and increases with every new squad size technology. The increase is 3 times the squad size technology. So if you have researched squad size 1 and 2 your squad size would be 6 + (1 x 3) + (2 x 3) = 15

If you are facing larger squads on the battlefield than you have, you will need to unlock squadsize upgrades in your research tree until you are on equal ground.

With that said, if you do not wish to make battles winnable, you should turn your city into a negotiating city. Delete all military buildings except for one or 2 armories so you can still train troops for tournaments ( unless you wish to cater here). Once you get to Orcs, you will need to rebuild at least 3 level 20 or higher armories, but you don't have to worry about that until you reach that chapter.

Deleting your military will free up space for you to increase goods/supplies productions. You will need large amounts of goods/coins/supplies to negotiate provinces. However, in doing this you will hit a wall in ring 11 which you will need Orcs from a level 20 or higher armory to continue to negotiate.

Both ways of playing the game has positives and negatives, but both ways work :)

DeletedUser5278

Squad size upgrades grow exponentially, and so do province encounters outside of your next advanced scout. If you stay within the province count for the next chapter, the scout will reduce the squads faced in provinces, making battles winnable. If you continue to scout outside your advanced scout technology, you will only be able to negotiate.

Tip: mouse-over the chest for your next chapter to get an idea of where you should be to make battles winnable.

Here is an example of how squadsize upgrades work:

Your initial squad size is 6 and increases with every new squad size technology. The increase is 3 times the squad size technology. So if you have researched squad size 1 and 2 your squad size would be 6 + (1 x 3) + (2 x 3) = 15

If you are facing larger squads on the battlefield than you have, you will need to unlock squadsize upgrades in your research tree until you are on equal ground.

With that said, if you do not wish to make battles winnable, you should turn your city into a negotiating city. Delete all military buildings except for one or 2 armories so you can still train troops for tournaments ( unless you wish to cater here). Once you get to Orcs, you will need to rebuild at least 3 level 20 or higher armories, but you don't have to worry about that until you reach that chapter.

Deleting your military will free up space for you to increase goods/supplies productions. You will need large amounts of goods/coins/supplies to negotiate provinces. However, in doing this you will hit a wall in ring 11 which you will need Orcs from a level 20 or higher armory to continue to negotiate.

Both ways of playing the game has positives and negatives, but both ways work :)
Thank you for your thoughtful response!