• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Wrong tooltip information on first mouse over

• Thread starter DeletedUser24059
  • Start date

DeletedUser24059

Game version: many versions. the bug is from 3+ years
HTML5 Yes
Game world:
Ceravyn
Browser : many version Chrome
Operating System: windows 10 pro
Screen resolution: 2560x1080
Account name: mei881
Humans or Elves: elves
Reproducibility: 3/5

Current situation:

frequently after a building was upgraded, or after just looling an information for a building in the tooltip when we mouse over to other building, it show info from the building we have been seen for a while. The info seems suspicious so you move the mouse ouside the building and then mouse over back and now it shows the right info. Very annoying on same type of buildings: show wrong info often for the same type of production and this could come to a missing number of needed production.

Expected result: the tooltip info must always be accurate

Reproduction Steps
Mouse over a building and check the level, what produce, time the prodution will be ready, production type
2. Mouse over other building and check the level, what produce, time the prodution will be ready, production type

Reproduction Steps
Mouse over a building and check the level, what produce, time the prodution will be ready, production type
2. Mouse over the same building and check the level, what produce, time the prodution will be ready, production type

This can be prevented by adding a js generated timestamp so you can say that this is changed now

Attachments

• mouseoverInfo.png
    mouseoverInfo.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 157
  • mouseoverInfo2.png
    mouseoverInfo2.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 130
  • mouseoverInfo3.png
    mouseoverInfo3.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 136
  • mouseoverInfo4.png
    mouseoverInfo4.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 119
  • mouseoverInfo5.png
    mouseoverInfo5.png
    445 KB · Views: 131
  • mouseoverInfo6.png
    mouseoverInfo6.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 129
  • mouseoverInfo7.png
    mouseoverInfo7.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 131
  • mouseoverInfo8.png
    mouseoverInfo8.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 131
  • mouseoverInfo9.png
    mouseoverInfo9.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 131
  • mouseoverInfo91.png
    mouseoverInfo91.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 128

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think this issue came up a long time ago, and it was determined then that it was something that was lagging. I do remember something about if you move the cursor away and then back over the bldg and get the right tool tip, then it's lag. If the wrong tool tip didn't go away, submitting a support ticket was recommended. I didn't understand enough about this to retain any more than that.
And since my memory is shot and I could be completely off base, I'll ask @Nightguest or @Xelenia to look into this for us...:D

DeletedUser24059

As a developer i had the same problem with tooltips and the cure is when you pass the variables or in the moment of mouse over to use js date so no chance of caching this way.

DeletedUser24059

The same bug occurred several times in the spire. Again wrong mouseover info on the amount of reguired resources. I checked the supplies then it show 7208k. It was suspicios so i checked again i have around 100 000 only. Extremly unpleasand, bad situations may come from that.

DeletedUser19014

This has been happening at least since I started playing summer 2019. Major irritation. There was one update that claimed it was fixed, but it was a lie. :)