• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Yep a 64 yr old noob!

DeletedUser19483

I'm new just like you, but I find that battling is best saved for the tournaments. I usually barter(negotiate) my way through provinces. A slower way to do it, but I'm usually one of the top ranking people in my guild when the tournaments are done. I guess it really just depends on how you want to play the game.

DeletedUser21946

Hello, and welcome! From one oldtimer to another! I am also newish to this addiction, and we are of the same age, and retirement!
Glad to meet you!
I am a Uber driver for a little extra cash. Can't wait too see what that's going to do to my taxes, and fixed income! May be a big mistake! Haa!

DeletedUser22987

Elvenar handle Rigonar, seems to follow me to each world I start up in. Got a few questions, so will be posting in other forum threads soon.
I have played now for all of two weeks, and mostly enjoy the game, WHEN it advances enough TO enjoy. Hurry up and Wait is fun huh? Fixed income means very little 'expendable income'. Diamonds don't chew very well, actually. But the owners designed it so they can have some income from any and all Users. In the meantime, I do manage to have a little fun. I wouldn't be here typing this otherwise, yeah? :p

Battle is a little puzzling, but no more so than figuring out how to advance through the rest of the game.

I would LOVE to be able to turn the table around, zoom in closer for a clearer view of the graphics. These are my two ideas for a better game, so far. Spin n Tilt, tighter Zooming.

Yep, I be 64, live in the 'Top O Texas', the Panhandle, am a Grandpa some 17 times now I hear. Don't drive a lot, wish I could! I find this whole Elvenar game a lot like a kind of "Where's Waldo?" thing. And I LIKE the Waldo thing! Ah, idea 3, add a Waldo feature. Heh!

OK off to play now!
Hi. From another “senior” newby. 71 from Plano (near Dallas). I am trying to figure this thing out without spending a lot of money. Lots of questions. Only been playing a little over a week. Are you still hanging in there?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Welcome! I'm a bit older than you -- a year, and have enjoyed the game for about three years, I think.

As for the "Waldo feature," I like it. It may be that Waldo does exist in some neighborhood. Perhaps he could be created to pop out of a chest when you visit your neighbors or fellowship. He would be, naturally, carrying 500 diamonds and you would, naturally, receive them. Once a day per server wouldn't be too much as most people don't get more than 10 visits and, in fact, probably far less. So if you put him in a neighbor hood and that player got 5 visits a day that would be --- math is so hard! --- 2500 diamonds given away. BUT one would think the incentive for 500 diamonds would be enough to increase visitation and thus player retention, though I really don't know.

Anyway, your humor is noted and your idea is actually a pretty good one imho.

AJ

Vergazi

Welcome! I'm a bit older than you -- a year, and have enjoyed the game for about three years, I think.

As for the "Waldo feature," I like it. It may be that Waldo does exist in some neighborhood. Perhaps he could be created to pop out of a chest when you visit your neighbors or fellowship. He would be, naturally, carrying 500 diamonds and you would, naturally, receive them. Once a day per server wouldn't be too much as most people don't get more than 10 visits and, in fact, probably far less. So if you put him in a neighbor hood and that player got 5 visits a day that would be --- math is so hard! --- 2500 diamonds given away. BUT one would think the incentive for 500 diamonds would be enough to increase visitation and thus player retention, though I really don't know.

Anyway, your humor is noted and your idea is actually a pretty good one imho.

AJ
I want a Waldo in my Neighborhood now! :D Inno..git 'er dun! :p

DeletedUser21946

I get quit a few diamonds from my 4 wishing wells! One is in Felyndral, three here in Elcysander! I just recently caught on to the fact that they are not permanent buildings. So, I have one in reserve here in Elcysander. May replace the second expiry with that, and hope to get more in the next event!

DeletedUser21946

Seems strange that my diamonds are shared between both cities, but nothing else is. I dont mind thay, just surprised. I guess you might spend more between to games, but for now I am trying to hoard them.... I said trying!

DeletedUser21946

The one thing I wish I could do is trade my crafted buildings. I always have something in one game, but not the game I wish for it in!

DeletedUser21946

Has anyone here ever played Runescape? The Grand Exchange is so awesome! I became very rich! This is buying and selling across the board! Watching for costs on certain commodities to drop, then turning that into more valuable commodities, waiting for prices to peak!
I have been wishing for another Grand Exchange where all cities can bid, buy, or sell!