• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

You CAN Suppress the Signature Graphics

DeletedUser61

Are you tired of losing half of your display to HUGE Signature Graphics?
  • Mouseover your name in the upper righthand corner of the display, ABOVE the search box
  • Select Preferences
  • Uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages."

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoequndt

Given that:
7. Signatures and avatars
Signatures must not exceed a maximum of 150 pixels in height and 500 pixels in width. This also includes any lines of text added to the side or underneath the signature.
Avatars may not exceed 200x200 pixels.
They must not be animated and both must comply with all other rules.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to the signature and/or avatar being deleted.
I'm not sure how this is a major problem...

DeletedUser61

It's not even a minor problem. It's a convenience that allows you to display more messages per page.

Getting rid of 150 vertical pixels, that are only interesting ONCE, provides room for a half dozen more lines of information, per message.

xaviersxmen

I just tested it and seen the pages have 20 posts each no matter how many people have sigs. So sigs dont have anything to do with more posts on a page. BTW 20 per page! No more no less!

Phoequndt

So... it's all about using your scroll-button. Or not using it, more to the point.

n1sk

Ex-Team Member
I think that it is good to know about because sometime people can get tired of seeing signatures all the time. either way it does not bother me. thanks for sharing

Salator

Are you tired of losing half of your display to HUGE Signature Graphics?
  • Mouseover your name in the upper righthand corner of the display, ABOVE the search box
  • Select Preferences
  • Uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages."
Thank you for these instructions...I find most "signatures" to be really obnoxious and a gratuitous display of ego.