• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

You made the chapter quests declinable!!!

DeletedUser2959

I've been stuck on one of the last quests for Chapter... Woodelves whatever that was forever. I don't know why I clicked on it today but it was now declinable!!!! THANK YOU!!!! This has been bothering me for a looooooonnnnnggg time. I'm very, very grateful that you took the time to do this. You made my day!

Last edited by a moderator:

shynner

decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline? .. decline...do you REALLY want to decline? .. decline... do you REALLY want to decline? .. decline... do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?... decline .. do you REALLY want to decline?
YES. We DO!
I agree that we should have an option.. but do you REALLY want to insult our intelligence by asking if we REALLY want to decline? I would like to assure you, once again, that we know what we want and don't need to have it reaffirmed or have our decision second guessed. If we didn't want to decline, we wouldn't have selected that option. Double time to cycle through quests? Ridiculous!​
Veeeeery frustrating! Do you REALLY want to continue to use the "REALLY want to" ? Decline pleeeze

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
The only time I want to confirm that I really want to do something is with using diamonds! (fumbling fingers clicking on the wrong thing at the wrong time... ACK! NO!!! I do NOT want to use diamonds!!! :eek::eek::eek: ) Confirming that I want to decline a quest is just irritating!o_O

If diamonds can be obtained by declining up to their chapter quest and only doing that one, then I can see the reason for the large number of confirmations of declining. The only alternative I see is to automatically decline all chapter quests when a decline is performed from a later chapter (ensuring the diamond reward is not received). The diamond rewards are based on completing chapter quests, and complaints that a large number of declines is inefficient, while the diamond reward is worth getting seems to be an attempt to shortcut the game's own reward.

DeletedUser7367

Dear Gods of Elvenar... PLEASE provide an OUT for what for now is a 'must do' in the quest line.... I have HALF of the 'required' grafting sites and can see the End of Woodelves on my Research Tree. Is it true that once OUT of Woodelves, the quest will opt to 'optional' Accept/Deny status? Thanks in advance for any wise input.

DeletedUser3468

If diamonds can be obtained by declining up to their chapter quest and only doing that one, then I can see the reason for the large number of confirmations of declining. The only alternative I see is to automatically decline all chapter quests when a decline is performed from a later chapter (ensuring the diamond reward is not received). The diamond rewards are based on completing chapter quests, and complaints that a large number of declines is inefficient, while the diamond reward is worth getting seems to be an attempt to shortcut the game's own reward.

Huh? :confused: I'm not sure what you're saying here???

What I'm saying is that once I click on decline, I don't want to have to confirm that "Yes! I really DO want to decline!!!" . The only time that I feel that a confirmation of intent is needed is if it involves purchasing something with diamonds because sometime you do accidently hit the "use diamonds" when you really don't want to. I am saying I don't think that it's necessary to have to confirm that you want to decline a chapter quest since, despite what they say, if you accidently decline one you want to do, it will come around again!

btw: The main reason that I'm opposed to any extra clicking is that after a while it starts to become painful... literally! Torn tendons & rotator cuff makes repetitive stress from the recurring small movements of the mouse to go from the "decline quest" to the middle of the screen to confirm that I really do want to decline becomes painful for me. This is why I also hate the way the FA quests are handled and why, until they tied the Crystal Lighthouse rewards to the stupid chests during vists, I had stopped picking the chests up. (Don't even get me started on how I feel about looking for frozen keys, eggs, turnips or whatever during major Events!!!:mad::rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2959

Torn tendons & rotator cuff makes repetitive stress from the recurring small movements of the mouse to go from the "decline quest" to the middle of the screen to confirm that I really do want to decline becomes painful for me.

Might I suggest a trakball? I use one from Logitech and it has made my days infinitely more bearable. Hope you get feeling better regardless. ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Huh? :confused: I'm not sure what you're saying here???
I am saying I don't think that it's necessary to have to confirm that you want to decline a chapter quest since, despite what they say, if you accidently decline one you want to do, it will come around again!

Chapter quests do not come back once declined. For guest race chapters, one of these chapter quests will give diamonds as a reward. The rotating quests do come around again, and many do look similar to some chapter quests. Declining the rotating quests does send you in a loop, so if you keep on seeing the same quest come up, you probably should be declining the other quest, rather than repeating the loop.

DeletedUser3468

Might I suggest a trakball? I use one from Logitech and it has made my days infinitely more bearable. Hope you get feeling better regardless. ;)

Thanks! That's a really good idea! The minimal finger movement for a trakball would probably help a lot!

DeletedUser3468

Chapter quests do not come back once declined. For guest race chapters, one of these chapter quests will give diamonds as a reward. The rotating quests do come around again, and many do look similar to some chapter quests. Declining the rotating quests does send you in a loop, so if you keep on seeing the same quest come up, you probably should be declining the other quest, rather than repeating the loop.

OK...
Yes, and since I'm in Woodelves in 4 cities & Orcs in 2 others, I'm very familiar with the quests that actually give you the 200 diamonds. None of this has anything to do with the main statement that I'm making though. While I am very happy that the guest race quests are now declinable once you enter the next chapter that isn't what my complaint is about. But that seems to be a subject for a different thread.

edeba

Long overdue... I found the messages from support about this issue pretty offensive, blaming you that you did something wrong when it really was programmed badly that you could get through a chapter without being forced to do a quest. Players should not have to check the forum for game design issues that can screw you up. That's just bad all the way around.

I actually ended up going back about about 5 chapters of quests to get my questline back and it was not an endearing activity. It was unnecessary and this correction is long overdue.

DeletedUser7367

OK...just entered advanced scout in Sorcerers & Dragons Chapter.... collected my 200 Diamonds... refreshed and ..cough...
upload_2018-6-19_20-34-23.png
still have this Quest as non-declinable. Please appraise as to when this willupload_2018-6-19_20-34-23.pngdisappear... Many thanks, Elves and Humans. I am in the 115 KP needed 'advanced scouts' routine..... Just thought this would defer to being able to decline.. seems odd.

DeletedUser7367

ALL good on the 'able to decline' situation.. Thanks to ALL who assisted here.. Another oddity... I'm in Sorcerers & Dragons...Doing the Wisdom Square quest: I am puzzled because there's apparently NO sell Forest Glade Quest... Could anyone kindly confirm that it's safe to 'sell' it now? Confused... and thanks ahead of time! ;)

Concho Star

ALL good on the 'able to decline' situation.. Thanks to ALL who assisted here.. Another oddity... I'm in Sorcerers & Dragons...Doing the Wisdom Square quest: I am puzzled because there's apparently NO sell Forest Glade Quest... Could anyone kindly confirm that it's safe to 'sell' it now? Confused... and thanks ahead of time! ;)
I just completed the advanced scouts about a week ago and did not get a quest to sell the Forest Glade. I was told that there isn't one and so I sold it and have had no problems. I read somewhere that you might get a quest to sell any remaining portals, but it is declineable. I didn't get that one either.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I just completed the advanced scouts about a week ago and did not get a quest to sell the Forest Glade.
Same here; @Brooster you should be safe to just sell it off when you're ready. In previous chapters, I kept the guest race bldgs for extra coin/supply storage until I needed the space for the next guest race stuff. In this one, I sold them all off and used the coins/supplies to build Willows in the entire guest race space. I was able to stockpile some mana and I'm now slowly removing the temp Willows as I need the space for the S&D bldgs.