• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Your chance to vote on how you feel about Fellowship Adventures!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
5 - Provide a fellowship tab that lists players who have participated in each stage.
bleh.png

That's from August 19 on beta.

modac

Ideas various players have suggested which would improve the event:

1 - Provide an alternative to the quest cycling.
2 - Provide an individual player incentive for greater participation.
3 - Reduce the cost or place an extra reward along the orange path.
4 - Blue & Green paths are too similar. Maybe make one the combat path that was originally hinted at.
5 - Provide a fellowship tab that lists players who have participated in each stage.
6 - Restructure the bottomless pit to use any and all badges.
7 - Provide a more precise timer so people know exactly when it ends.
8 - Allow players a choice between multiple possible buildings upon completion of stage 3.
9 - Don't run the event too often.

And the newest one:

10 - Make sure the event works. :p

I totally agree with this list of improvements. I would suggest 1 more improvement. Earning and placing badges requires way too much coordination and timing between participating members. Work, family, and other RL schedules bring lots of conflicts. So ...

11. Each fellowship should have a 'badge pool' which is visible to all members. When any member earns a badge, it should go into the badge pool. Once there, the fellowship officers can decide when/where to place the badges into the way points.

DeletedUser13002

And now that we're coming to the end of the next FA, isn't it interesting that ... pretty much none of the listed suggestions were taken into account? Not only have these improvements not been made in the interim, but the FA as a whole has gotten considerably worse since the one in September. Guess Inno's not really interested in what we have to say about this sort of thing....

DeletedUser4338

This FA extremely difficult and required too many badges. The rewards are prizes from previous events. Inno should be more creative. More instants should be rewarded. The top 3 only get a sphere and an instant. Way to many resources for not enough reward.

DeletedUser10766

Unlike the previous two FA I did not feel that this one was doable without spending a ton of money. I was very disappointed in the amount of badges required to complete activities especially in the badges that took a day or two days to complete. The prizes on the map were lack luster for what you had to spend to get there. This was not something I found at all rewarding nor was it worth the time and effort my FS put into completing these activities.

bkbajb

I totally agree with this list of improvements. I would suggest 1 more improvement. Earning and placing badges requires way too much coordination and timing between participating members. Work, family, and other RL schedules bring lots of conflicts. So ...

11. Each fellowship should have a 'badge pool' which is visible to all members. When any member earns a badge, it should go into the badge pool. Once there, the fellowship officers can decide when/where to place the badges into the way points.

I totally agree with the pool

maeter75

I 2nd the ability to see the pool of badges that everyone in your fellowship has. Hard with RL, work etc to coordinate. I do have to say liked this one a lot more than the last FA.

need more choices:
our fellowship participated in the first event but felt the 3 stage prizes for all level players were not worth the effort
our fellowship will be participating in a minimalist manner as the recovery period between was too short and the tourneys offer much better return for the time and effort invested.
our fellowship feels the early chapter players below orcs level got shafted with the stage prizes offered which had lousy CP and marginally useful second offering.
our fellowship feels that tho we came in about 10th overall, the prize for achieving that level was pathetic.
Agreed on all points we quit trying when we realized the prizes were so lame, not worth the effort

DeletedUser5351

I agree that some sort of central area to see what badges are in the FS inventory would be wonderful. It is almost impossible to coordinate as it is now.
My impending carpal tunnel syndrome would love an alternative to scrolling through quests! ( That goes for regular declinable quests, too)
It is fun communicating with FS members to play, but for the most part, the prizes are really not worth the effort.
Lastly, I have several cities at various levels, and it is almost impossible to earn the new badges (wand, potion, hat) if you haven't gotten access to tier 3 goods or leveled up your Magic Academy

DeletedUser5756

I loved the previous fellowship adventures. But this one is so hard that it doesn't really make sense to me. I feel like only the top fellowships will be able to even finish it, and they probably already have the buildings that are given as prizes anyway. So it seems like an awful lot of work for little payout. I think it needs to be easier than this (I thought the previous ones were better), with better prizes, and I like the pool idea.

Tanis-Wulf

My fellowship only got the first two round done this time. The spell, blacksmith and statue badges too up too large of a percentage of the paths and made it far too difficult to complete the entire adventure. The prizes were definitely not comparable to the amount of time and work need to do this adventure. It was not at all enjoyable and we probably won't do any more of these unless some serious changes are made.

DeletedUser6555

I agree with all of the above. I'm in 5 worlds and only two FS's wanted to participate. The one on Aren - we did get to stage 3 but we won't finish it. The prizes are definitely NOT worth the effort that it takes to do this FA. The one on SA - there was some kind of bug and our entire FS couldn't even access it at ALL until yesterday...with crap apologies from FA. I know this is free to play game, but there were people who actually wanted to do this thing and no one could even access it the entire time. I (and my fellowships on each world agree) will not be participating in the fellowship adventures again until Inno makes it more worthwhile for the team to embark on this "adventure". I'd rather stick with the tournaments...better prizes there for all.

DeletedUser8387

Prizes worthless almost. Prizes also promote more independence of players for goods - opposite of dependent trading in a fellowship. Prizes should be a choice body a list at all three chests with summof real worth. And a promise there abilities will not be changed at a later date. Cycling badges is tedious and takes too long. Why not have a drop down menu. A Drop quick choice menunfor everyday goods is also needed in the main game console as well. Too many badges at each stop and too many types all together makes the tourney complicated and cumbersome. Less is more.

DeletedUser6393

I thought it was impossible to make the Adventures worse........... I was WRONG! Unless you are willing to sell off all your buildings, convert all space to tier 1 buildings and workshops, then buy all the upgrades to be able to make spells quickly, forget it!

It's a paradox... You must be high level with a lot of real estate to play the danged thing, yet the prizes are better for beginners... Calling this Adventure "pathetic", may actually be a complement... Ditch it!

DeletedUser6727

It can't be that hard to adjust the requirements based on fellowship size. My fellowship has 17 members, and only about 6 of them participate in these big events. It's nice to have a common goal, and I love how much we communicate during adventures. We barely made it to the second stage. The instants for AW's are kinda cool, but for me KPs are easy to come by anyway.

And oh my gawwwdd cycling through quests to complete 7-8 of the same badge? There has to be a better way. Hire some better programmers, this game is starting to feel super amateur.

With how much organizing, focus, and playtime these adventures take the prizes should be far better.

Feels like they are just trying to hook players with a gambling strategy when the popup is all over my screen to pay 10$ for a badge pack on the last day of the adventure.

I know they need to make money, but players aren't going to spend money for a few KPs and a crappy merchant building.

And Inno, stop asking for so much feedback if you aren't going to USE it!!!

DeletedUser2648

And now that we're coming to the end of the next FA, isn't it interesting that ... pretty much none of the listed suggestions were taken into account? Not only have these improvements not been made in the interim, but the FA as a whole has gotten considerably worse since the one in September. Guess Inno's not really interested in what we have to say about this sort of thing....

I dont think the FA is worse I think its gotten more challenging though. I do not like the badges that require spells, some can make spells faster and some cant even make them at all.

DeletedUser11840

My fellowship enjoys the adventures as a concept, but there are many issues. This set of adventures required too many one and two-day production badges. Even with trying to plan ahead, it caused a standstill. The last two adventures allowed us to finish all three stages, but not this one. Also, the prizes were not appealing. There needs to be greater individual incentive. To put so much hard work in and only get a few AW KP instants and a building that many of my fellows do not want is frustrating. It is also frustrating to collect many badges that cannot be used. The bottomless pit ideally should just take any and all badges that are left over.

k777

View attachment 2426
That's from August 19 on beta.
Make drop-down menus for quests. Give a repeat option, as a lot of times you just want to do the same one over again. Give a small prize for every waypoint passed, as you do in events for quests met. Give MUCH better prizes at the end of the stages, and WAY WAY better prizes for finishing and getting to the pit. I missed the small instants in this FA - those would make good waypoint prizes. Make the KP instants usable in all cases, not just AWs. Scrap the 2-day production.