• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Your Favorite Part of the Christmas Holiday?

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Share what you love about Christmas. The Food, Going Shopping, Singing Christmas Songs, Putting up the Tree? tell us why.
~~~~~~~
For me ~ Baking cookies, pies & candy! They make the house smell so festive and they taste so yummy!!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yesterday, at about noon I went to a church where almost all the people were new to me. Really different denomination (Pentacostal) to mine (Presbyterian). I helped them stuff bags of warm clothing and other essentials for the homeless. Today, we will go out in the cold and distribute these bags with some Christian tracts. Will we change lives in any manner? Doubtful. Will the homeless suddenly have homes? Only if there are some real miracles! What will happen is that a few strangers will be a bit warmer and healthier. And they will know that somebody (and/or Somebody) cares. It's not much, but it's enough for now. I've learned one thing from this and other experiences like it. It's that if we spend our time searching for and trying to enact the perfect and final solution for each individual case, we won't see it when it suggests itself. and thus never get it done. To really understand any social problem you have to put your hands in the dirt of it. Today I'm delighted to get my hands dirty for Christmas. And that's what I've always loved about Christmas.

AJ

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Baking cookies! With the kids! Traditions are amazing. Taking care of the elderly and the kid’s. many Blessings in my life!
I learned to make cookies and candy from my Mom and passed it on to my daughters. Have you ever made divinity? That's my favorite. Mom would make batches with Chocolate Chips swirled in ~ batches with Strawberry Jello ~ and batches with chopped Walnuts. :pMmmmm mmmmmm

peace-.jpg

shimmerfly

I think it's just that people are nicer to each other and wish them happiness.
It can mean a lot to have someone smile at you.

I wear a different Christmas hat every day in December. Some are plain, some are cute and some are just annoying!
What I enjoy the most is the smiles that they bring to the faces I see doing everyday activities.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
I wear a different Christmas hat every day in December. Some are plain, some are cute and some are just annoying!
What I enjoy the most is the smiles that they bring to the faces I see doing everyday activities.
I love that indervention! I can visualize you doing that and it's so cool!

peace-.jpg

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It is getting to be with the people I love and care about and watching my cat Smokey open her present and watching my daughters smile and going to see Christmas lights and looking at our pretty tree with all the homemade and sentimental spacial ornaments on it.