• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Your Favorite Superhero/Villain and Why?

DeletedUser12423

Hello folks,
Starting this thread for fun. Please choose a character, hero or villain, and post the reason(s) why. Thanks ^ ^
I'll start it off, and surprise! It's not Stark (Ironman)...

The Joker

I have to go with the DC villain, the Joker. You can't forget this guy, long after the movie is over or the comic is read! He's a solid character,
as he's always the same no matter what version or sequal it is. He's fun, for a bad guy, and you have to admit, he's creative. The chaotic side of this character that often brings on the humor, is why I will never get tired of watching a movie with him in it. From the original to today, the Joker has to be on the top of the list of villains =D

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Wolverine... because you said...
Please choose from Marvel or DC characters
or it would have been...
MV5BYjg3ZDQ1NjUtYzRjNS00MjE2LTkyNTYtYWVmZDhiMjY5MjU5L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

DeletedUser12423

Let me change that real quick ^ ^ And Hell Yeah, I watched Maxx on MTV, years ago. Good story!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I thought little Groot was a good character, from Guardians of the Galaxy 2. LMAO!
"I AM GROOT"
Maybe it is because I am a squirrel and like trees!

Last edited:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
upload_2017-11-16_17-5-47.png
I mean, he can single handily defeats the whole justice league if he chooses to. The guy holds the key to defeat every single hero in the DCverse, can't get better than that.

DeletedUser

Favorite superhero? Daimon Hellstrom. If you don't know who he is, I am so, so sorry...you've missed an awful lot. Not going to explain him, I'll literally be here for the rest of the night. Just google him. And read, don't judge him before you read.

Favorite super villain? The Riddler. I've spent a lifetime in love with Frank Gorshen.
(Favorite Marvel super villain? Sabretooth. This is also the character I feel Marvel has effed over the most.)

Gath Of Baal

For DC, it is Batman.. Not any batman but Frank Millers version..

For Marvel, it is the Punisher

These 2 have no super power what so ever but yet they both still kick butt :)

DeletedUser12423

Good choices, and LOL at powdered toast man. Good ol Ren n Stimpy =D

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Superheros and Supervillians, it seems to me, have become more and more interchangeable. Like "professional" wrestling they can easily turn from a "face" to a "heel" and back from one season to another. For this reason I have to select the never changing and never tortured soul, Superman. If you look at any other they seem to have an aversion to being right! They constantly torture themselves over things for which they have no responsibility, or, to be more accurate, believe the villians when they tell the superhero that, "if you don't do X I'll kill all these people and you will be held accountable! (insert evil laugh)." Come on! I'm only responsible for what I do, not for what you do in response to whatever it is I do. Sheesh! So the "tortured soul, next year villian, this year hero" thing just turns me off.

For these reasons I find the whole Batman, Spiderman, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc.... (mostly Marvel) sort of sad. So if I had to pick a supervillian I think it would be ....hmmm... does Loki count?

AJ

DeletedUser12423

All time faves, of course Loki counts (He's been chosen twice already)

Good choices and good reasons ^ ^

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Mmmm...have you seen Thor: Ragnarok? ;)

I've never viewed Thor and Loki in that hero/villain light. They've always been outside of those roles, in my opinion.

And I hate Superman. (Yeah, I know, **gasp**.)

Never seen Ragnarok. Just call me deprived (or perhaps depraved? LOL).

I suspect it all boils down to a person's age. I'm older and grew up in the 1950's-1960's when Hollywood made movies with heroes. Over time the philosophical disposition of Western society has changed an it is no longer fashionable to actually believe there is such a thing as good and evil. Today "good" is whatever you personally define it to be, and "evil" the same -- which logically means it is subjective rather than objective. This philosophy is reflected in most modern and post-modern art and the tendency in those works to end the whole thing with more questions than answers. Heroes and Villains are just tortured souls with their own psychological hangups sometimes succumbing to the equally powerful and equally acceptable "dark side" and sometimes not. In some ways the whole thing reminds me of the loss of innocence the Western world experienced after the first two world wars where all the enlightenment beliefs about the perfectibility of man were run over by tanks, straffed by planes and bombed into the atomic age. To some the 1950's were the West's last attempt to regain it's footing on the Christian values it inherited about what is good and what is evil. Alas the effort failed and today we are just "hollow" men stumbling around in the dark looking for the traditional Superman while believing we should all strive to emulate the amoral superman of Nietzsche.

AJ

DeletedUser12423

Thanks for your feedback, Yes, Superman is an all time classic! And although I can't agree with everything you said, I welcome your reasons why you feel that way. So well said, AJ ^ ^

I firmly believe in Good and Evil, as they have existed since the dawn of time. I do not let clever words, science, nor technology impose trickery on my heart. And more often than not, one's soul. It's good to have fantasy heroes as a reminder, what it means to do the right thing. And villains, to reflect the things that are wrong.

But no bad, ever came from believing in the good.

I also believe in modern day hero and villains, as I'm a military man. But I must follow the forum rules, like everyone else ^ ^

With that said, we can't talk religion or politics, but we can talk about our favorite comic book heroes and villains, and why!

With love and respect,
-Ironman Rob

DeletedUser12423

You may suspect whatever you like, but in my case, you are incorrect. ;)

When I was young, I remember reading the the Death of Superman, and was in horror. I remember thinking of Doomsday as the ultimate bad guy, simply because he killed the ultimate good guy. I wasn't directing anything at you, personally, I promise. Infact, I rather like you and your posts! =P

DeletedUser

When I was young, I remember reading the the Death of Superman, and was in horror. I remember thinking of Doomsday as the ultimate bad guy, simply because he killed the ultimate good guy. I wasn't directing anything at you, personally, I promise. Infact, I rather like you and your posts! =P

Sorry, Rob, my bad, I should have quoted AJ's reply, I was responding to him. :confused:

Superman in and of himself is a fine character. In my head, he's still George Reeves. :D

I've deleted my posts for personal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12423

Superman in and of himself is a fine character. In my head, he's still George Reeves. :D

Oh, huge misunderstanding on my side, too. Yeah, I remember seeing Reeves after the injury, and it was heart breaking, as a superman fan and I'm sure it was for his friends and family, too.