• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

zoom out

thx569

Anyone else think a zoom out feature would be nice or just me? Think zooming out to see your entire city in one screen shot, no scrolling. And zooming out to see your "world" , maybe it's round or off kilter (flat earth folks take note). And maybe see the entire "galaxy" of worlds and where they are.

Zoof

Anyone else think a zoom out feature would be nice or just me? Think zooming out to see your entire city in one screen shot, no scrolling. And zooming out to see your "world" , maybe it's round or off kilter (flat earth folks take note). And maybe see the entire "galaxy" of worlds and where they are.
In the app version of Elvenar, not being able to zoom out is actually a feature, given that the game unloads offscreen assets to save on RAM usage, which can become a problem with larger cities. My craptastic 30 dollar phone with 2GB of RAM has actually encountered situations when peering into said large cities, which threw a memory error, followed by an app crash.

On the PC version of Elvenar, you can already do this via browser zoom. Normally, the hotkeys for this is Ctrl + '-' (minus sign) to zoom out, Ctrl + '+' (plus sign) to zoom in, and Ctrl + '0' (the zero that is next to the minus sign, also sharing the right-parenthesis. Which is distinct from the numpad zero that's sometimes overloaded with Ins[ert]) which restores zoom to 100%

EDIT: A picture is worth a thousand words.
1659461117482.png

Last edited:

StarLoad

Normally on the browser, I just press and hold the CTRL key and scroll up or down with the mouse to change the zoom level. This works on Chrome, Opera, Opera GX, Firefox, and Edge browsers.

Ed

BrinDarby

@Zoof ,
ingame browser has zoom in/out ..... But....
the zoom out part doesn't go out enuff.....

the problem with using the browser function is that
all buttons/artifacts/icons/chat window are smaller too.....

Since there's a maximum to # of expansions avail....
the zoom out feature ingame should go out enuff
to see ALL possible expansions @ same time. While
keeping everything else @ the current size.....