• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advice Sought on Chapter 3 City layout

Meadowlark

One thing that's amusing about this configuration is that the bee from my High Hive looks like it's divebombing the Cozy Farm barn. It's almost as big as the cows.

BrinDarby

@Meadowlark ,
in the last few days I tried an experiment with 1 of my smallest cities @ eArchitect. I deleted all the set/event bldgs and replaced with reg bldgs. I was shocked when I could add only 1-2 bldgs (goods) while losing all those xtra goods from the daily collections. It proved to me just how important bldgs giving stuff And pop/cul, is. Having said that, and you being a newer player ( not around here when some threads/information was discussed ), my goal was try and offer some info that you can't see/won't get until you have both Spire/Tourn open, not dictate or attempt to play your game for you. Although I'm a wizzard with tiny cities, due to the CH 1-5 & CH 6-10 tweaks, and after they redid the research tree.. its a different landscape now as it was before. Even watching Henroo's newest city and thread, I've had to tweak my own opinions, especially when I brought all my cities into CH6.

While we can always offer suggestions on "city tetris", its much harder to offer suggestions about 2 CHs from now. As a city grows/progresses its solely dependant on that city, what/how you add/expand and personal preference on playstyles. Unlike when I was CH3, and Spire/Tourn was open, nowadays its much easier to make decisions potentially that cannot be chg'd and will significantly effect things, long before a player gets to the point where they can see the effects of thier decisions. Great example.... overscouting... I didn't know I was overscouted, untill I was.... and then it took a while to overcome that.

My RL is a complete mess, and I guess while I still can.... I was trying to offer insight/information to help any newer player navigate early CHs, not just you.... but using info that pertains to you currently. My style is to give detail others don't/haven't, or to drill down further than others have. The forum a couple of years was far more helpfull than I see it today. Less info is discussed nowadays, and while you can go back to archived topics, that takes time and is 1 reason why some topics keep getting revisited every 6-12 months. I seriously hope I have given you (and others) food for thought, rather than you must do this or that. Every player/playstyle is different, every city is different.... even to the point where simple differences between Human and Elven cities become apparent and need mitigation. Henroo knows far more than I do, and what works for him might not work for me. What works for me might not work for you, but knowing how what works for me, works for me or anyone for that matter... should help others think of things they might not have thought of and could be very helpfull.

Those things that cannot be undone are more critical to understand, than things that are easily changed. None of us can anticipate those things that InnoGames might change and dramatically effect our cities, untill they are changed.... like the recent AW changes. Please accept my apologies if anything I have said, both publically/privately gives You the impression I'm telling you how to play Elvenar, I'm just trying to give you information/options. In another thread, I said "I'm done" and I am, so maybee I shouldn't have continued engaging you.

I apologize to you and the entire Elvenar community that I have allowed my RL stressers, to infiltrate my interaction here.

Meadowlark

@BrinDarby I have been very appreciative of your comments here and by message. They've helped me think about what I want to do with my city and given me some direction. I might not do everything exactly as you suggest, but I'm definitely incorporating it into my plans! I'm sorry you've been experiencing so much stress, and I hope things get better.

I'm also taking my time about building my new layout. I have expanded to 4x4 and placed a t3 factory and placed two cozy farms and the Hive set. I upgraded my main hall to level 6, and I'm upgrading a couple residences -- because I notice I run out of coins fastest. I'm going to upgrade two workshops and the barracks and armory a few levels, then sit back and see how it balances for a bit as I progress toward chapter 4. I'm saving province encounters for season quests and the next event -- I plan to enter chapter 4 and start during tournaments sometime during the next event.

I have heard a lot about people having overscouted, so I'm pretty careful about scouting. Currently I have 31 scouted and completed provinces. I will need 45 to open up chapter 4. My strategy is to wait for event or seasonal quests to require scouting or relics or encounters. This naturally slows down my progress. Fortunately my fellowship is patient with my growth.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Ask around, Sooooo many ppl have those golden
nuggets of info that will blow your mind..... like,
consistently running negative population that
actually works longterm...... go figure :eek:

The forum has a great bunch of ppl, well those
still here .... with a wealth of knowledge, so as
long as ya wanna know, keep asking questions.