• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game has become unplayable since end of the FA

Festo0n

Apologies if this isn't the right space to post this. Been playing for over two years now, and have never had more than minor issues with the game. I play on PC.

Since the FA ended the game has become unplayable. Constant crashes while logging in with the Server Error message at the loading splash screen. When I am able to log in the game is extremely slow. Like 7-10 minutes to give neighborly help in my FS. That's when the game doesn't crash again, this time with the Stream Error message.

The game played fine during the FA. I had like 100+ workshops going at one point and had zero issues. Only since the conclusion of the FA has this been happening. I've submitted a ticket with Inno, and the devs have been really quick and supportive with their responses. But nothing is working.

Has anyone had similar issues since the FA? Any advice on how to fix this issue? So far the devs have advised clearing my browser cache and resetting my router. Neither of which have helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Festo0n

You can try using a different browser. I'm using Chrome at this moment. I used Opera but it became too slow to load, I don't have any problems with Chrome.
Tried different browsers to no avail. Usually use Chrome as it's the only browser that lets ads play and gives me rewards. Chrome and firefox both have given me the same troubles. :(

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Tried different browsers to no avail. Usually use Chrome as it's the only browser that lets ads play and gives me rewards. Chrome and firefox both have given me the same troubles. :(

How's your PC performance? When you right click on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen and click on task manager, it shows what everything is running and overall performance. Sometimes, things run in loops and you need to restart it or update it.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I have not heard of any issues as of late, I use Opera, GX Browser, Firefox, Edge and Chrome and have not seen any issues and all allow the ads to work properly.

Festo0n

Task manager doesn't show any issues. Nothing else running slow on PC. Have been using pretty heavy editing software recently on this machine with zero issues.

Ran the speed test Aj recommended. Am at 239 download speed and 9.8 upload. Not sure if upload speed that could be the issue.

Festo0n

I have not heard of any issues as of late, I use Opera, GX Browser, Firefox, Edge and Chrome and have not seen any issues and all allow the ads to work properly.
Yeah I've asked others in my FS when I am able to log in and get the chat window to load, and they haven't had any issues either. Seems it's just something with me. Just frustrating because I dig the game and community.

On the other hand appreciate all the help being offered here ^_^

Festo0n

Probably not, @Festo0n Your upload and download speeds are about 10 times mine.
I'm in Japan and generally have pretty decent internet.

This is going to sound like the n00biest question ever...Can a browser game be re-installed? I didn't think I had anything downloaded in this type of game but reinstalling used to be my final fix with serious issues when I played MMOs.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm in Japan and generally have pretty decent internet.

This is going to sound like the n00biest question ever...Can a browser game be re-installed? I didn't think I had anything downloaded in this type of game but reinstalling used to be my final fix with serious issues when I played MMOs.
Not Elvenar. The closest thing you can do is to clear your cache.

Festo0n

Not Elvenar. The closest thing you can do is to clear your cache.
Tried that again just in case. Crashed on login screen again. The bar gets half way then I get the server error.

I'm about to just give up. Have spent over an hour this morning and barely got my FS neighborly help done and like 8 tourney rounds. It's pretty frustrating. :(

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
To me it sounds like there's something with your PC, it could be settings you have changed, some conflict somewhere. It could even be something that has happened when you were installing/using the editing software you mentioned. I'd have a close look at all task manager reports, what they do when you try to play the game vs when the game is closed etc. When you click on the Performance tab, there's a Wifi graph. Also, you can click on the "Open Resource Monitor" at the bottom and click on the Network tab to see what is going on.

Festo0n

Thanks. I tried looking at both the performance tab and the resource monitor. But I don't know enough about my PC to understand what it all meant. Logged in just to crash again after two tournament rounds. I can't even load chat or mail to tell my FS I can't play. If this continues, and I don't see why it wouldn't, I'll likely be kicked. Sucks because I just finished traders chapter and was looking forward to rearranging my city.

It's been three days of this. All since the FA. Nothing works.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Now you have to ask yourself, which extension? If one of your extensions is causing a problem in the game it may be doing other things of which you aren't aware. Personally, I remove all extensions in all my browsers and run as clean as possible. Ditto with all background stubs...like print drivers, pop up mail notifications, and just about everything. Right now I have exactly 1 background program I installed...my antieverything program. Clean running means smooth running in my book.

AJ