• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

5-5-5

DeletedUser19723

Loving the look of non-boosted factories and wanting to have everything in production was something I had to overcome with great difficulty when I was first starting out in Elvenar. You can definitely keep those factories, but you will have to sacrifice somewhere else. You may not be able to place all of the very cool-looking Ancient Wonder buildings, for example. Or, you may have to wait around a lot b/c your city will not be efficient enough to keep up progress. That is fine, if you are good with it! I don't rush through the chapters, but I would be hopelessly tech-locked if I still had all of the manufactories.
When I started my second city, I built only boosted goods, none of the others. Gaze on them fondly for a few days and then rip off the band-aid. Or not. ;-)

Also, as far as trades go, just keep posting them. Post for what you need and don't worry about taking others' that you don't need. If you are not in a fellowship that can sometimes help you out with big zero-star trades to boost you, maybe look around your world map and see if there is a high-level player and send them a message. Maybe they will help you out, if you ask nicely and it isn't too often requested.

Good luck!

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "tech locked if you had all the factories." I keep mine small, so to run them is not an expense. I can sell them if and when I absolutely need the space. Beyond space, I'm not sure why they would be a hindrance???

My FS does not help me with the goods I seriously need, for the most part. Long story. But I do have 4 players on my map that always need what I'm offering. Thank goodness. Not, mind you, that it didn't take a while to find them. And, I offer 3 star trades when I can. If I have the goods to trade, I want to keep them coming back. Do I have a big S on my forehead? :D

On topic, but maybe off? - - My weakest goods across all 3 tiers are planks and marble. Today the marble tournament began. I want to be a team player. If I cater, I will spend a lot of marble, and it will hurt me. If I fight, I will be training troops till the cows come home. Suggestion?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure what you mean by "tech locked if you had all the factories."

"tech lock" is when you cannot advance on the research tree because you are waiting for enough goods

, I will be training troops till the cows come home. Suggestion?

put down newspapers

Also
When you are still small, you should not hurt yourself too much in tourny. Concentrate on the weeks that are your boosts. On the off weeks do what you can to help the group, but concentrate on your city's progress.
Any decent FS should understand. And, it will all balance out later when you have grown and are one of the people leading the tourny charge every week.

Laochra

When I first started playing, I wanted all the factories too. By the time I reached chapter 5, I realized that they were taking up more space than what was worth it in their productions. Plus, with the boosted factories needing larger upgrade space, something had to give, so the non-boosted T2 were eliminated, then the non-boosted T1. I never build the non-boosted T3, because of their level 1 sizes. Last February, I decided to start my first human city & stuck with boosted only. It seems to be running more efficiently than my elf cities did. I had been running a 3-3-3-3 setup in all my cities (3T1/3T2/3T3/3Armories), but as I am getting into more of the guest races, and realizing that I am not that good at the fighting {especially with 6 cities}, I decided to revamp my cities so that I can switch to a cater-only dynamic. I now have a 5-5-3-1 setup {5T1/5T2/3T3/1Armory}. My goods production is much better & I can cater further in the tourneys than I was able to when just fighting. I used to fight tourneys & negotiate the provinces. Now I don't have to fight at all. I eliminated all my military buildings (that I could) & that gave me the space to add the extra factories. I know this is not the norm for most players, but my cities seem to be running more efficiently now--for me. With my experience in both setups, I am able to help my FS friends when they are seeking advice.

DeletedUser19723

"tech lock" is when you cannot advance on the research tree because you are waiting for enough goods

put down newspapers

Also
When you are still small, you should not hurt yourself too much in tourny. Concentrate on the weeks that are your boosts. On the off weeks do what you can to help the group, but concentrate on your city's progress.
Any decent FS should understand. And, it will all balance out later when you have grown and are one of the people leading the tourny charge every week.

Re: Tech lock - - Does KP count? That's what I'm always waiting on to progress in the tree. By the time I have the required KP, I have the goods. I think the only way I could increase my daily KP intake would be to do more with gaining provinces. If I fight, I'll need more newspapers. If I cater, then I won't have the goods when I have the required KP for a tech. Hmmm......

Re: Tournaments - - My FS does not push. I participate in all the tournaments. I do what I can. I can't even imagine being the top earner. When is that? Chapter 38?

DeletedUser19723

When I first started playing, I wanted all the factories too. By the time I reached chapter 5, I realized that they were taking up more space than what was worth it in their productions. Plus, with the boosted factories needing larger upgrade space, something had to give, so the non-boosted T2 were eliminated, then the non-boosted T1. I never build the non-boosted T3, because of their level 1 sizes. Last February, I decided to start my first human city & stuck with boosted only. It seems to be running more efficiently than my elf cities did. I had been running a 3-3-3-3 setup in all my cities (3T1/3T2/3T3/3Armories), but as I am getting into more of the guest races, and realizing that I am not that good at the fighting {especially with 6 cities}, I decided to revamp my cities so that I can switch to a cater-only dynamic. I now have a 5-5-3-1 setup {5T1/5T2/3T3/1Armory}. My goods production is much better & I can cater further in the tourneys than I was able to when just fighting. I used to fight tourneys & negotiate the provinces. Now I don't have to fight at all. I eliminated all my military buildings (that I could) & that gave me the space to add the extra factories. I know this is not the norm for most players, but my cities seem to be running more efficiently now--for me. With my experience in both setups, I am able to help my FS friends when they are seeking advice.
Thanks for your input. I learn a lot by reading about how other players are successful. I read about a lot of players on the forum who have multiple cities. I don't know how you can manage 6 cities. One is work. I'm interested in your comments about military buildings. What ones are required? I know sometimes research quests require some solving of provinces with fighting. Event quests do also. So...?
I'm also wondering, and have asked this before and not gotten any answers - If you sell off the T1 non-boosted bldgs, how do you complete all those event quests, like produce marble mosiac 6 times, etc.?

DeletedUser2768

You'll need 2 level 2 armories to produce enough of the little green orc heads you'll need for later chapters. Unless you don't mind meandering through chapters, then one may be enough. Just some food for thought.

DeletedUser2768

Re: Tech lock - - Does KP count? That's what I'm always waiting on to progress in the tree. By the time I have the required KP, I have the goods. I think the only way I could increase my daily KP intake would be to do more with gaining provinces. If I fight, I'll need more newspapers. If I cater, then I won't have the goods when I have the required KP for a tech. Hmmm......

Re: Tournaments - - My FS does not push. I participate in all the tournaments. I do what I can. I can't even imagine being the top earner. When is that? Chapter 38?

No, tech locked is when you've dumped all the KP needed into the research tree, but don't have enough goods to activate them. If you're just waiting on KP, you're not tech locked.

My most advanced city is in Sorcerers and Dragons, and I still don't come close to being the top of my fellowship for tournaments. I might be if I did more than 5 provinces three times. I just don't have the timing down to hit the tournament provinces every 16 hours. Time usually hits at 4 am and I'm NOT interrupting my sleep to play this game.

DeletedUser2768

Thanks for your input. I learn a lot by reading about how other players are successful. I read about a lot of players on the forum who have multiple cities. I don't know how you can manage 6 cities. One is work. I'm interested in your comments about military buildings. What ones are required? I know sometimes research quests require some solving of provinces with fighting. Event quests do also. So...?
I'm also wondering, and have asked this before and not gotten any answers - If you sell off the T1 non-boosted bldgs, how do you complete all those event quests, like produce marble mosiac 6 times, etc.?

Game play slows WAY down when you hit guest races, Dwarves being the first. At that point it's not so bad starting a second, third, or fourth city. I'm so bored right now, I just reactivated my cities in all worlds except Beta. Rebuilding to where I left off is a PITA!!!!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just a note to everyone here still not to chapter 13 yet. It may seem a long way off, but once you get that far, one of your non-boosted tier 1 goods will become your boosted tier 4 good, so when you get there, you will need at least one of them at max level so that you can start making your tier 4 good in it. Same goes with chapter 14 and one of your non-boosted tier 2 goods becoming your boosted tier 5 good. Your choices are to wait til near the end of chapter 12 and level one up like crazy to have it ready in time or keep the one you will eventually need leveled up as your progress through the game, if you feel you have the space to keep it out of the way somewhere in your city. I am pretty sure the wiki tells which one you will need based on your current boosted goods. My tier 1 boost is marble, so I had to build a steel building all the way to level 24 so that I could make my tier 4 boosted good.

DeletedUser19723

My most advanced city is in Sorcerers and Dragons, and I still don't come close to being the top of my fellowship for tournaments. I might be if I did more than 5 provinces three times. I just don't have the timing down to hit the tournament provinces every 16 hours. Time usually hits at 4 am and I'm NOT interrupting my sleep to play this game.

Amen to that! I'm US EST. Nothing seems to be happening when I am most active. My FS is all different time zones, even non-US. I just love when FS members are saying in Chat that they just posted trades that are up for grabs, but they are long gone.

DeletedUser19723

Just a note to everyone here still not to chapter 13 yet. It may seem a long way off, but once you get that far, one of your non-boosted tier 1 goods will become your boosted tier 4 good, so when you get there, you will need at least one of them at max level so that you can start making your tier 4 good in it. Same goes with chapter 14 and one of your non-boosted tier 2 goods becoming your boosted tier 5 good. Your choices are to wait til near the end of chapter 12 and level one up like crazy to have it ready in time or keep the one you will eventually need leveled up as your progress through the game, if you feel you have the space to keep it out of the way somewhere in your city. I am pretty sure the wiki tells which one you will need based on your current boosted goods. My tier 1 boost is marble, so I had to build a steel building all the way to level 24 so that I could make my tier 4 boosted good.
Thanks. That is excellent information. I'll have to see which of my non-boosted will be needed.....way....down...the....line. I'd rather keep them now and work on leveling them up gradually than trying for a "forced march." Funny, I look back to the beginning on the tech tree and think how far along I am when actually, I'm not. I'm just guessing, but I think it must be 2 years to complete Amuni. And by then it probably won't be the end.

DeletedUser19723

You'll need 2 level 2 armories to produce enough of the little green orc heads you'll need for later chapters. Unless you don't mind meandering through chapters, then one may be enough. Just some food for thought.

Little green orc heads??? I have 3 level 8 armories. Overkill? I thought it would help with training. I am always training troops. It used to take forever; and it's a lot faster now.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Off topic: Just a note that you can multi-quote in the one reply. Soggyshorts has a great forum how to guide if you need help on that.

On topic
If you sell off the T1 non-boosted bldgs, how do you complete all those event quests, like produce marble mosiac 6 times, etc.?
You place down a level 1 building of the required factories at that point in time. It is normally very easy to find a spot to put them. Space becomes less of an issue the further into the game you go.

or keep the one you will eventually need leveled up as your progress through the game, if you feel you have the space to keep it out of the way somewhere in your city.

Except by keeping them (assuming you levelled them) you are costing yourself thousands of goods when you could have put a boosted factory in the same spot. While the numbers are a little old each non boost factory costs you 20-70+ goods per day per factory (that is with 200% boost and 1 day production). At max boost they are costing you closer to 300 goods per day. Just to take a nice round average number of 100 goods a day is 700 goods a week per non-boost factory, 36,000+ by the end of 1 year (per factory). Most people don't only do 1-day productions so those numbers will only go up the more frequent your productions and even more if you use an MM spell or mountain hall. All those extra goods can be traded for what you need easily enough.

If you're keeping the building for looks then so be it, but if it is for efficiency then you are well short of the mark. It doesn't take long to build from level 1 to max. Something that can easily be done near the end of the chapter before the sentient goods are needed and even in the new chapter as the tech isn't the first thing you research.

DeletedUser2768

Let me know if you need or want a home. I could probably make room for you in most worlds. :p

I'm considering it.

I'm in a fellowship in Elcy, Aren, Ceravyn, and Khel.

Fel I didn't sell off everything, so I'm considering a Fellowship there. Win and Sinya I'm rebuilding. All three of these realms, I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue or not. Last time I did all realms like this I burned out pretty fast.

DeletedUser2768

Little green orc heads??? I have 3 level 8 armories. Overkill? I thought it would help with training. I am always training troops. It used to take forever; and it's a lot faster now.

No. I negotiate all of my encounters, so 2 armories has worked well for me. If you do more fighting, the 3rd will be the way you want to go. They won't start producing Orcs until they're level 20.

Off topic: Just a note that you can multi-quote in the one reply. Soggyshorts has a great forum how to guide if you need help on that.

Yeah, I know. This was a case of read Comment A, reply, post. Read Comment B, reply, post. I'm a sleep deprived momma of 3 kids.

DeletedUser2768

How do you know which one it's going to be?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How do you know which one it's going to be?

If you are boosted in marble, your boosted tier 4 good will be made in your steel factory. If it is steel, then your tier 4 will be in your planks factory. And if it is planks, then it will be in your marble factory. The same pattern holds for chapter 14 and the tier 2-->tier 5 goods. And will also probably be the same for tier 3-->tier 6 goods when we get chapter 15. It would also not surprise me if they repeat this pattern with the remaining non-boosted goods whenever they do chapters 16-18.