• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

5-5-5

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have 60 squares committed to non-boosted
T1 Planks 6 and Marble 12
T2 Silk 9 and Crystal 9
T3 Magic Dust 12 and Gems 12
I could sell Silk and Magic Dust as I have more coming in from 2 of my Market Set buildings (all 5 connected) than I can even produce or trade for. Well, now anyway. An aside -I get more supplies from the two winter event sets in 1 day than I can produce in 2 days. I am NEVER out of supplies, even training troops all day. The Wholesaler and I are on a 1st name basis :)
I don't think I should sell the 3 Planks and 3 Marble. They seem to be needed in all the event quests, along with workshops. Anyway, they aren't big and are cheap to run.

I can understand the "want to see what they look like" thing
it doesn't interest me, but i understand it
but why waste space on more than one?

Just a note to everyone here still not to chapter 13 yet. It may seem a long way off, but once you get that far, one of your non-boosted tier 1 goods will become your boosted tier 4 good, so when you get there, you will need at least one of them at max level so that you can start making your tier 4 good in it. Same goes with chapter 14 and one of your non-boosted tier 2 goods becoming your boosted tier 5 good. Your choices are to wait til near the end of chapter 12 and level one up like crazy to have it ready in time or keep the one you will eventually need leveled up as your progress through the game, if you feel you have the space to keep it out of the way somewhere in your city. I am pretty sure the wiki tells which one you will need based on your current boosted goods. My tier 1 boost is marble, so I had to build a steel building all the way to level 24 so that I could make my tier 4 boosted good.

when i first read this i was on the last 4 researches of Halflings
i decided to start a plank factory
i am now on the Scout research for Elementals and my plank is leveling to 17
i have no doubt it will be ready to go to 24 by the time i get that research
the point others who have not reached Elementals yet is
there is no reason to waste space on a non boost through all those lower chapters just in anticipation of needing it for sentinent goods

btw
out of curiosity, before leveling i checked the production on my level 16 non boosted plank
95 pieces of wood every 3 hours
anybody who thinks it makes sense to produce non boosts rather than trading is a fool
my steel mill at level 16 would have been making about eight times that amount

DeletedUser19723

I only have 1 of each, non-boosted for T 2 and T 3. The reason I keep 3 each of my non-boosted T 1 factories is because they always seem to be needed for events. I have the room for them right now. When I don't, 2 of each will go. I run the T 1 factories because it are very inexpensive to do so. No way do I count on them to provide needed goods in any quantity. I trade for that.
I run the T 2 and T 3 factories when I'm at my coin/supplies max, and the wholesaler prices are higher than I'm willing to pay. And, I like the animations :) I'm sure it will get to be old hat rather soon, but not yet.

DeletedUser20255

I play on PC and iPad. I'm on and off all different times. A lot of goods come and go, some I need, some I don't. Problems I'm seeing:

I don't have huge stockpiles of anything. I'm trying to build my city, expand, etc. I guess if I wanted to spend a week or two just letting my city stagnate while I build up huge stores of goods.......um...no.

A lot of trades are for quantities I either don't have or am unwilling to part with because then I don't have enough for other things. Small trades I grab whenever I can.

Cross-tier trades that are considered fair are not realistic for me. I can't part with 1000 scrolls to get 62 magic dust. I resort to putting up cross-tier trades when I need to, but I make them very profitable for the buyer, like 200 elixir for 300 marble. I don't care that I'm taking a loss - I just need the marble.

I don't think i'm far ahead of you. I'm about 3/4 through Dwarves. I found the biggest boost to my inventories was when I expanded to the point that all my neighboring provinces were rated very hard. Forced me to slow down in catering and my inventories grew quickly. Of course when your fighters get better the rating of the province comes down and you're back in the fray.

As far as cross-tier, your ratios are way off. I will accept downward 2 star trades (eg 1600 steel for 100 elixir) any day of the week but if the player offering is a FS member I advise them they are cheating themselves. Most cross-tier you see are upward and those I'll take only using the 5:2:1 ratio. I don't offer them myself because that results in a one-star trade that my Mage frowns on. Result is that I no longer do many cross-tier trades and try to keep my boosted goods sufficient at each level.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

I always thought the wiki was a good compromise to see what they look like. I don't waste space and I can even look at the levels I build straight over. Or I just go spy on someone in my fellowship with different boosts to me.