• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy and Spell feedback

DeletedUser1036

Personally to keep the magic academy quest equal to everyone starting out and those on the top tier of rankings since it has already been made a non-declinable quest just make it possible to sell the building. Just like some of the non-declinable quest's to build culture buildings like the tavern. At least you can then jump the hurdle of the quest itself then decide if you want to keep it, sell it or build it later on if you already built it and sold it.

You know those free spells we received from the knowledge tree? Well I still have all but 1 of them left. I tried out the Power of Provision just to see how it did. Yes it was a good spell but I don't need it. That is why I still have 8 Magical Manufacturing, 10 Power of Provision and 11 Ensorcelled Endowment spells left in my freebie bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

These ideas of yours sound more like borderline dev tools than feasible spell options. Autoplaying the game with a 'vacation' spell? I know you aren't the one who first suggested it, but that's typically called 'botting' in online games and is almost always not allowed. Also, what good is collecting stuff automatically while you're away? There is no plundering here so it can all just sit out until you collect with no real penalty, especially if you're not around to reset the productions. A lot of the rest of your suggestions have no real way to be implemented.

I don't know anything about dev tools nor do I know a thing about programming. I am simply brainstorming ideas of things that would be useful or fun.

Going on vacation has always cost me permanently regarding rank. It would be nice if that didn't happen. If it is impossible, then it is impossible. As I a said, I am not a programmer.

For me, as a non diamond player, the most useful thing is a scouting spell.

DeletedUser2381

This is a great game and I have been playing for a while now and even started in a new world to be another race. I have enjoyed my time here and I have bought diamonds several times, but have to ask about the requirement to buy diamonds to continue research. Is that going to stay in place, or is it going to change. I was looking through the requirements for new tech research and almost all of them require a decent amount of ambrosia which requires diamonds.

I don't mind buying diamonds, but come on, is this were the game is heading? You might has well ask for a monthly fee to play. The reason I like the game is that you don't have to pay to be competitive and it is still entertaining

DeletedUser43

You don't need diamonds to get ambrosia. You need a level 3 fairy portal and then you need fireflies which you make in the night farm. In fact, I have 3 day farms making ambrosia right now. :)

Deleted User - 107391

Oh hey, this is interesting. I decided that since I'm going to have to build the &%$% Magic Academy anyway, I may as well do it now.

I can't find it anywhere to build.

Anybody know where to find it?

DeletedUser61

Right next to the Houses and Workshops. It's a basic building.

DeletedUser2381

You don't need diamonds to get ambrosia. You need a level 3 fairy portal and then you need fireflies which you make in the night farm. In fact, I have 3 day farms making ambrosia right now. :)
Thanks a bunch. My Fairy portal isn't high enough then. That is why it shows it only available with diamonds. I am really happy that they didn't go crazy and make me buy diamonds just to continue. This is one of the few casual games I support by buying extras. There is no fighting, so no hurt feelings because I attacked a village :)

DeletedUser43

Sure Woogie. I too was terribly confused about the ambrosia and night essence. I think a tool tip could help there a bit.

DeletedUser594

This is actually my first time responding on the Forums even though I've been stalking the Forums since I began playing in November (so Hello!!).
The supplies spell is the only one that I have praise for. Granted, it was much stronger in its 2 hour phase than its current 8 hour, but it has helped get me out of a bind when I really needed supplies for upgrades and buildings.
The culture one doesn't seem to be very strong. I feel that I can put 4 or 5 down and it doesn't seem like my culture tier changes. I actually don't think I completely understand what the 5% that is being added is being computed off of.
hello and thanks for adding your voice to the fray. Here's what I've learned about the 5%:
Here's the short answer before I ramble mercilessly-
it's only added to bonus
culture from buildings that have been given Nh. if you are not above 100% culture then spells=nada, anything above 100% and spells add 5% each time you cast a spell on the NH'd culture buildings (one spell per building)

The first jump in culture happens when enough ppl help your city that you reach 140% (from helps, you can't use spells to get there)..
Now that you crossed into bonus territory you can add spells and each will increase your bonus by 5% and the bonus stacks- 145%, 150%,155%...
so if you are at 100% spells= nada
nh pushes you to bonus territory and now you can add 5% per spell to each helped building...
then it gets a bit wiggy
drop below 140% but above 100% (lets say 101%) and you can rebuild bonus back up using spells
you can even sell a culture building and have your available culture go negative (can't even build a lvl 1 house without a few culture points)
but if your Nh+spell is still 101% you can cast spells and make the bonus grow
makes perfect sense right?
29xfzpj.jpg

I don't know if that was intended to work that way but here's my city's culture right now. When I logged on I was -1348 available culture bcs I had sold some culture earlier, but my bonus was still at 125% from Nh. I then cast a culture spell on one of the Nh'd structures and my bonus went from 125% to 130%:

15485dc.jpg

Personally I find the whole thing a confusing mess.
2hnm2wo.jpg

DeletedUser43

I have a very basic way for the devs to figure out some of what we want in a magic academy. Why don't they build a city to get the most points theoretically possible and see if their city has a magic academy in it?

DeletedUser706

If the devs would build a city to get the most points theoretically possible it would indeed not have a Magic Academy in it, since it does not contribute to score. Nor would there be any Ancient Wonders. In fact, it would not have any Barracks or Armory either, since you can get a higher score by omitting the Barracks (there is always the option to negotiate). Assuming we have 9x10 expansions (as is the max we have now), and no Premium Buildings, the Max Score city would consist of:
1 Main Hall at level 19
1 Builder's Hut
1 Trader (no way to avoid this one, we need to trade with others to get the missing goods)
143 Residences at level 19
32 Crystal Manufactories (these score highest currently), everything else would need to be traded
10 Ponds of Recreation
27 Classy Lanterns to fill up gaps and culture points (11 Ponds of Recreation won't fit)
210 Blossom Streets to connect all that
Score: 131100 points, and that does not include the points for the provinces encountered. It would rank as #1 on Winyandor, but only #2 on Arendyll because of the buying-yourself-to-the-top Snail Palaces...
Of course our city would fail on other aspects: Since we have no workshops we would need to rely on quests to get supplies for production. But then again, the focus was on points, not on production efficiency :p.

DeletedUser2191

If the devs would build a city to get the most points theoretically possible it would indeed not have a Magic Academy in it, since it does not contribute to score. Nor would there be any Ancient Wonders. In fact, it would not have any Barracks or Armory either, since you can get a higher score by omitting the Barracks (there is always the option to negotiate). Assuming we have 9x10 expansions (as is the max we have now), and no Premium Buildings, the Max Score city would consist of:
1 Main Hall at level 19
1 Builder's Hut
1 Trader (no way to avoid this one, we need to trade with others to get the missing goods)
32 Crystal Manufactories (these score highest currently), everything else would need to be traded
10 Ponds of Recreation
27 Classy Lanterns to fill up gaps and culture points (11 Ponds of Recreation won't fit)
Score: 131100 points, and that does not include the points for the provinces encountered. It would rank as #1 on Winyandor, but only #2 on Arendyll because of the buying-yourself-to-the-top Snail Palaces...
Of course our city would fail on other aspects: Since we have no workshops we would need to rely on quests to get supplies for production. But then again, the focus was on points, not on production efficiency :p.

Top player on Felyndral has 137k plus points and not done improving. They do have a magic academy, barracks, 3 different manufactories (1 from each tier), 50 residences, work shops plus varying buildings/ quantities compared to your list.

DeletedUser706

That top player does have 18 Giant Snail Palaces and 8 Elder Dragon Oracles. I was looking at Max Score excluding premium buildings. If I throw money at it I can get a higher score, but then the score is meaningless IMHO, since it would no longer have any meaningful relation to accomplishment.

Just for the achievers then: One can get at least 175840 points by building:
1 Main Hall
1 Builder's Hut
1 Trader
2 Residences (to eke out a few more points)
57 Crystal Manufactories
118 Blossom Streets to connect all that (probably a few more, we still have some space left)
47 Giant Snail Palaces

But the main point is still being: no Magic Academy, and no Ancient Wonders. If someone wants to go for the top they could still build Ancient Wonders and abandom them if they need more space, but the Magic Academy would prevent him/her from grabbing that top spot, because anyone else with money to spend could surpass them by putting something up which does give points instead...

DeletedUser1122

In order to guide this discussion, we will be setting a few guidelines:
  • Everyone's opinion is valuable and valid, and nobody has a "wrong" opinion, so treat each other's responses and feedback with that in mind;
Ælfwine, you appear to have missed this post that started on the "wrong" foot.
These ideas of yours sound more like borderline dev tools than feasible spell options. Autoplaying the game with a 'vacation' spell? I know you aren't the one who first suggested it, but that's typically called 'botting' in online games and is almost always not allowed. Also, what good is collecting stuff automatically while you're away? There is no plundering here so it can all just sit out until you collect with no real penalty, especially if you're not around to reset the productions. A lot of the rest of your suggestions have no real way to be implemented. As the current spells work, you have to select something in your city to apply the effect. How would a 'storage spell' work? What would you click on, how would it activate/deactivate, etc. Same with the 'trade with anyone', 'quest selection', 'faster scouting times', and the ones I already talked about above. How would such things be implemented into the UI in a way that requires a currency (e.g. spells)?

I was wondering if you could ask your brothers and sisters to refrain from posting in this thread. While the opinions of moderators and developers are important I think it would be cool to just let the "players" throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

Thank-you

DeletedUser188

I was wondering if you could ask your brothers and sisters to refrain from posting in this thread. While the opinions of moderators and developers are important I think it would be cool to just let the "players" throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
For one thing you will never see a dev post anything on the forums
The second thing is that moderators are actual players of the game and have just as much right to post as any player does
I for one welcome all opinions not just the ones that I agree with
Asking a specific group of players not to post is just wrong

DeletedUser43

1 Main Hall at level 19
1 Builder's Hut
10 Ponds of Recreation

Ah, but your perfect city has spent a fortune on expansions. Try building it needing to scout and clear the expansions. What can we do without money?

You need workshops because you can't get supplies only from quests. The quests require you to have workshops in order to get the workshop bonus.

You need lots of other factories if you are going to negotiate only through the provinces. I guess you might be able to get through trades only, but it will be tough. Not many people trade anything other than tier for tier these days. It is just too hard.

For the elves silk and scrolls will be giving you the best score now. Or were you talking about humans?

I really like the post though. I have never seen a list of the highest possible city before. I guess you could get all the expansions and then delete everything for that perfect city. I think we go higher though if we get rid of the streets. As long as we aren't focusing on producing things, how much higher can we go?

DeletedUser627

Since I'm permanently out of the running for rank now (as a non-snail player, most likely)..I'm considering a design city only. Considering, mind you...

I'd finish through the next guest race so to have access to all levels of current buildings. Then I could start planning a city without considering boosts, levels or scores. I could delete anything I didn't like, use all the best designs and skip the ugly ones...have broad streets, ornamentals galore. It wouldn't function at all, but it would be a fun way to conclude playing Elvenar.

Name: Those Were The Days

DeletedUser1122

Some of the best ideals on how to play the game have come the mods. They are gamers. They of course already have the ability to get HQ's ear on ideals. Let the players (that may pay to play the game) develop concepts within the broad guidelines of the thread without undue influence or selected direction.