• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So I got moved ...

• Thread starter DeletedUser19458
  • Start date

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure what Utopia you live in, but my neighbors are instrumental

Once you have lived for 12+ months in a location like the one minimax showed above (pre-goldmines) you realise just how irrelevant your neighbours actually are, and how critical a good fellowship is. Your perspective of a good fellowship also changes and you appreciate (when you do get moved) those few precious neighbours who turn up.

No one is denying that neighbours are nice and make a big difference, cause they do. A good neighbourhood allows you to stay in a less than "perfect" fellowship or ride the waves when people leave and the balance is thrown out. However, get yourself in an awesome fellowship and some good neighbours and your smiling all day long.

Hopefully one day the solve the issue of in-actives in the middle and we all get great neighbours, although I still suspect there would be a low number of visits, just more trades. One can only hope they fix the trader before they fix the in-actives, otherwise :eek::(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It does point out how small the worlds really are, in terms of distance from neighbours. The entire population of Wynandor fits in 132 rings from centre. (Felyndral only needs 127 rings.

Suddenly Klatwijk's method doesn't seem quite so scary

dragonspearls

I came to the forum this morning because I was suddenly - and very unexpectedly - moved while getting my workshops working on supplies. I had no idea this was a thing in the game (totally missed it in the settings). I've read this entire thread and while some of it makes sense, some doesn't. I am a very new player - started May 1 or 2. However I am a very active player, and admittedly cleared provinces way faster than I should have. I also visited every town I discovered every day. I think 3, maybe 4, returned visits at least once. One neighbor I will truly miss as he visited daily and even accepted a trade I had posted.

I'm not entirely sure this new area is an improvement. Out of the 11 cities/towns I've 'discovered', 1 is a coin city and 4-6 are either new or started and not seeming to be active/progressing. I'm sure I'll figure that out a bit more in the coming days. I'm not entirely happy at the moment, but will carry on and hope for the best in this new area.

DeletedUser21987

I just got moved also and haven't been playing for very long either....I still have 6 coin cities on my new map and my unexplored provinces are all still marked "very hard". I belong to a very active fellowship so I didn't count on neighbors for visits but I've lost 2 that I valued. Both visited me within the first 2 hours I played the game, took my trades and really provided an incentive to win provinces so I could visit back. I will miss them and I don't see that I've gain a thing even though Inno's letter says that this is a much better location....I'm waiting for the next tournament to see if I've lost any of those provinces.

NightshadeCS

I just got moved also and haven't been playing for very long either....I still have 6 coin cities on my new map and my unexplored provinces are all still marked "very hard". I belong to a very active fellowship so I didn't count on neighbors for visits but I've lost 2 that I valued. Both visited me within the first 2 hours I played the game, took my trades and really provided an incentive to win provinces so I could visit back. I will miss them and I don't see that I've gain a thing even though Inno's letter says that this is a much better location....I'm waiting for the next tournament to see if I've lost any of those provinces.
The "Very Hard" part has nothing to do with where you are located but is based only on how many provinces you have scouted out and how far you are in the research tree. If you stop scouting provinces and research Advanced Scouts in your next chapter, the difficulty will go down. Some other folks can math you to death with what all affects those difficulties, but it would be (mostly) the same wherever you are located.

Also, province types follow a reliable pattern, so you will hopefully have close to the same number of province types as you did before. As you move through the game, this will not be much of an issue as you will probably not play the tourney in every open province you have anyway.

shimmerfly

but will carry on and hope for the best in this new area.

Good attitude. I wish you luck

I didn't count on neighbors for visits but I've lost 2 that I valued. Both visited me within the first 2 hours I played the game, took my trades and really provided an incentive

Keep visiting the neighbors you have in your new area. Some may just surprise you and see that your there to stay and will help out too.

NightshadeCS

They only move cities to identical provinces, so there will be no change at all in any of the provinces, just the people occupying the cities.
Ah, thank you @Ashrem . I tend to avoid absolute declarative sentences on here unless I have taken the time to research the specifics. I was pretty sure that was the case, but did not have the free time to defend my position. :):)

dragonspearls

Since my last posting, I realized I had mis-remembered the number of cities I had discovered. It was actually 15 and not 11. Since then I've discovered 2 more. So out of the 17, 8 are inactive (either permanent or temporary) and 5-6 are visiting. Definitely not a good area. But I've joined a Fellowship and that definitely makes it better.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So out of the 17, 8 are inactive (either permanent or temporary) and 5-6 are visiting. Definitely not a good area.

I would call 5-6 visiting a good neighbourhood, especially out of 17 neighbours. I have around 450 provinces (unsure of neighbours within that) and I only have 5-6 neighbours visiting, which I am quite happy with. Sure more would be better but I have had much worse too.

Deleted User - 3932582

Since my last posting, I realized I had mis-remembered the number of cities I had discovered. It was actually 15 and not 11. Since then I've discovered 2 more. So out of the 17, 8 are inactive (either permanent or temporary) and 5-6 are visiting. Definitely not a good area. But I've joined a Fellowship and that definitely makes it better.
~30% of your neighbors visiting? That's definitely not a good area - that's outstanding area. To echo @Mykan, I have maybe a dozen visitors (and I am being very generous here). This is way less than 10% of all my neighbors.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
~30% of your neighbors visiting? That's definitely not a good area - that's outstanding area. To echo @Mykan, I have maybe a dozen visitors (and I am being very generous here). This is way less than 10% of all my neighbors.

Totally disagree
You look at it as him getting 5 visits out of 17 neighbors.
Sure that sounds good.
but
At his size he should be within the discovered area of many larger neighbors and they are all ignoring him.

Deleted User - 3932582

Totally disagree
You look at it as him getting 5 visits out of 17 neighbors.
Sure that sounds good.
but
At his size he should be within the discovered area of many larger neighbors and they are all ignoring him.
Most of the visits that I get are from small-ish players, and I barely get the double of visits with probably 10x scouted area. Advanced players simply don't need the coins to be bothered with visits. They just do sweeps once in a while, if short on coins for whatever reason.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Most of the visits that I get are from small-ish players, and I barely get the double of visits with probably 10x scouted area. Advanced players simply don't need the coins to be bothered with visits. They just do sweeps once in a while, if short on coins for whatever reason.
Just because you are in a crappy neighborhood doesn't mean dragons 5 visitors indicate a good neighborhood
and agreeing with Mykan doesn't make you automatically right either
He might know a lot of stuff but he doesn't know everything
I get 25 - 30 visits a day even if i miss a couple days
THAT is a good neighborhood

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I suspect that your large number of explored provinces make those 25-30 visits per day reciprocal. I have around 350 explored. I most visit everyone who visits me, and the others maybe 2-4 times a month. it would never occur to me to expect visits from larger players who are around me but whom I haven't discovered, on a regular basis. The player didn't say those are the only visits they get, just 5-6 a day out of the 17 they've discovered. Getting 5-6 visits a day from among the 17 discovered, is pretty phenomenal.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I get 25 - 30 visits a day even if i miss a couple days
THAT is a good neighborhood
Actually, that is the BEST neighborhood I've ever seen a player mention. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone post 20, probably not 25, and certainly no one else has claimed 30 visits from the map on these forums.
I'm at 1 and 3 for winy and khelonaar as a non-visitor, but I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't go up to 20-30 even if I was a daily visitor.

Socrates28

Since I am at the egde of my map, there is NOTHING but goldmines to my south and west, I really do not have many neighbors that trade (don't even get me started on cross-tier trades - pages of them) or visit. I visit them all every day and buy KP a lot with the gold. I get about 3 to 7 visites from my neighbors with 125+ cities / gold mines. Not a good area to be moved to as samidodamage mentioned in an earlier post and I did as well. Getting moved for me was not good.
I wonder if the developers were trying the reverse of what has been mentiond and moving the active players to the burbs to stoke up the laggards.

DeletedUser23150

I think it always was the first step. The problem is that Hurtball would have to find their old spot on the map. It's possible that spot is even worse than where they are now.

And aside from spending extraordinary money, automating a complex task always has a non-zero chance of making things worse*.

* With the advent of mechanized strawberry pickers, the permissible number of slugs per pound of strawberry jam was increased

Wait. Slugs in strawberry jam? :( That was my favorite.

Lesson learned: as soon as possible, figure out how to visit all neighbors.