• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

collect time creep fix

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4491607
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 4366037

I agree with the other posts here about shortening the timers by an hour or two. The Spire's shorter timers has provided a significant convenience for playing around a busy schedule. It seems that currently most players just accept a certain number of missed opportunities for 24hr timers due to the time creep. I would certainly appreciate it if that issue was addressed :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
If the OP edited his post to say he has edited it to incorporate the ideas from other posters/members, it wouldn't look weird. If the OP isn't going to be able to do that (maybe they only visit the forum very rarely) then starting another thread with someone else redoing it to reflect the opinions of everyone and linking it to this one would be the best solution in my opinion. It looks like asking the Devs to change 12, 24 and 48 hour collections to 11, 23, and 47 hour collections to give us a way to work it back into the right timing for each players play time (like they did with NH) is the suggestion that is most popular as to addressing the problem of time creep with collecting of event buildings.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure what difference it would really make in the long run. Things will still creep later no matter how careful you are. And things with odd collections times, like the 21-hour countdown on the Library set, will probably still be collected at around the 24-hour mark by most players. I know that is how that one is for me. I collect that set every day when I get up and load the game, which means it is always ready to collect 3 hours before I wake up, and I am definitely not setting an alarm to wake up just for that collection. Same thing with 24-hour times. Those do not bother me either. It is all the ones that are 18 hours or less that keep shifting around for collection times, with the 12-hour collections creeping the most for me. But I would rather keep those at 12-hours than change them to some other amount.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am not sure what difference it would really make in the long run. Things will still creep later no matter how careful you are.
The difference is that creep would be due to our play, not required. It is physically impossible to do things exactly every 24 hours because of latency and reaction time. No matter how much effort a person is willing to expend, the productions will creep every single iteration. With a 23 hour timer they will only creep due to a person's own life. It's a significant difference between your own flaws and having a loss of production forced on you.

Deleted User - 4366037

The difference is that creep would be due to our play, not required. It is physically impossible to do things exactly every 24 hours because of latency and reaction time. No matter how much effort a person is willing to expend, the productions will creep every single iteration. With a 23 hour timer they will only creep due to a person's own life. It's a significant difference between your own flaws and having a loss of production forced on you.
Exactly. Also, the primary purpose is not for players to set an alarm to wake up 1 hour earlier every night (and very few would actually do that), but to allow all players to have some flexibility to collect from these buildings around the same time each day, without being forced into later and later collection times.

AtaguS

If the OP edited his post to say he has edited it to incorporate the ideas from other posters/members, it wouldn't look weird. If the OP isn't going to be able to do that (maybe they only visit the forum very rarely) then starting another thread with someone else redoing it to reflect the opinions of everyone and linking it to this one would be the best solution in my opinion.
I agree...it makes far more sense to simply close this thread (once the discussion is really done - not rushing this) and start a new one. Bumping the timer back 1 hour would be a great help to my city...life just isn't orderly enough in my house to collect at the same time every morning. I don't mind missing a collection for a day because something came up in my life...but the 24 hour creep makes this a regular (in time) occurance and that's annoying.

Deleted User - 4491607

There are two ways...can remake the thread with an OP who will summarise the discussion and keep it organize and presentable, I can close here and redirect to the thread. Alternatively, perhaps the OP of this thread can come back and update (a clear indication of such so responses will not look stupid) @Yogi Dave

Are we calling me dumb?! LOL I won't be offended if someone recasts the topic. I've not been in game very long ... my Spire of Eternity popped up but I haven't explored it, for example.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Dowager Jazz Mean
Wow, you really are new to the game as well as the forums, welcome!! And kudos for bringing up a subject many of us have just grumbled about and learned to live with instead of trying to make constructive suggestions for change.
We've recently had some changes in forum management staff and one thing they're trying to do is make this 'Ideas and Suggestions' portion of the forum a more viable one for getting player generated ideas that have sufficient community support to the developers. Up until now, this section has mostly been a discussion of ideas, with the path to developers being via the beta forum with its rules for discussions, polls and submission. So part of what you're seeing in this thread is growing pains of how to make this all work. Congrats at being the first idea to progress this far! Yesterday @Xelenia posted a new Guide for this forum at: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideas-and-suggestion-forum-guide.22171/ that might help explain things a bit.
Where we're at now (I think, lol!) is seeing that there is community consensus around the idea of reducing timers by an hour or so. Now we're trying to figure out how to get this into the form of a poll so even folks who don't comment can vote on the idea. Obviously, the poll needs to link to the discussion, but we're thinking the first post in the discussion should incorporate a summary of how we got to the poll (started out with idea for timer instants, ended up at time reduction) since many posters won't read past that. That can be done by either the OP (you) editing the first post or by someone starting a new thread in cases where the OP goes MIA, but the idea has community support. I'm not good at that summarizing part but maybe @Ashrem @Yogi Dave or @Xelenia can help you with that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Was a new post/poll ever created for this idea? I like the idea of timers being an hour less, like NH.
the OP @Dowager Jazz Mean never replied after Xelenia asked about proceeding. To be presented, the idea needs to be clear and in a format that can be sent to the developers. If they aren't interested in editing the Op to make it a clean suggestion, someone else will need post a new thread with a solid background. If neither happens shortly, I will try to do so, assuming I don't forget.

DeletedUser2870

Not much unity to the recommendation here ^.~
Actually it looks like the majority would prefer the timers to be reduced by a bit to counter that time-creep. But if you (or the OP) would start a poll (and add the link to it in this post so people can find it) with a few of the options that should clarify the situation.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If people will make a list of specific timers that would benefit, I'll put into a nice format and start it up. If you disagree, say so and why, so we can crowd-forge a response that reflects the majority

My initial thoughts:

TLDR: Any timer of 24 hours becomes 23 hours. Any timer of 48 hours becomes 47 hours. Any time under 24 hours does not change. Any time which turns over without player intervention does not change.

All timers under 24 hours do not change

Manufactories
timers change as follows:
Productions go from 3/9/24/48 to 3/9/23/47 (23 hour and 48 hour produce fractionally fewer goods)

Workshops timers change as follows:
Workshop 5m/15m/1h/3h/9h/24h to 5m/15m/1h/3h/9h/23h (23 hour produces fractionally fewer supplies (23/24ths)

Evolving Buildings timers change as follows:
Producing every 24 hjours change to every 23 hours.
Producing every 48 hours produce every 47 hours.

Expiring building timers change as follows:
12 hours -> No change
24 hours -> 23 hours
48 hours -> 47 hours

Tournament rollover:
No change. only 16 hours.

Neighbour help
No change, currently 23 hours

Chests from Neihbour help:
No change (they turnover on the game day without player intervention, so do not creep)

Yogi Dave

My initial thoughts
Well done and well laid out.
There are a few things, though:
  1. I'm not sure if the manufactories and workshops should be affected. Since we have many choices for their timers and they all being multiples of 3, it's not that hard to even them up by doing a shorter run when it's going to slip too far past a bedtime. It may be a little frustrating, but you don't lose an entire day. That being said, I'm a very active player so very rarely do long builds and wouldn't be much affected. We need comments by those who use the longer build times.
  2. Perhaps it should be explicitly stated that any buildings with early collections are not affected. It goes with the auto-turn over comment.
  3. What about AWs? Heroes' Forge and Endless Excavation have 24h periods. Are there more?
  4. If manufactories and workshops are to be affected, shouldn't orc production in armories?

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I will recommend you should remove manufacturies, workshops and evolving buildings from those. I will simply tell you flat out, they are nothing more but pipe dreams. When it comes to suggestions, be realistic. Many of you have been playing Elvenar for a long time and you are not new to how things work, The goal is to pick pieces you can win today. I saw your list and the first two I saw were manufactories and workshops and straight up, I decided I will not bother my CM with it.

I hope that helps,
Xelenia

Status
Not open for further replies.