• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Supplies and AW

DeepTerminal

I'm currently near the end of chapter 10 (S&D), full catering, have 8 workshops, and the only AWs I have are Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls.

I'm looking to build Prosperity Towers and Endless Excavations, since at level 1 they give more supplies than a workshop.

If I place both, will it be okay for me to sell one workshop?

Also, for people in higher chapters, how many workshops do you have? Thanks!

AtaguS

I agree with Shimmerfly, it depends entirely on your playing style. I'm in chapter 14 and reduced down to 6 from 8 by leveling up my Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers. BUT...I run PoP spells on them most days and have a very active neighborhood so plenty of supplies come in from returning visits. I cater most of my way through the Spire which eats up a lot of supplies but still do ok. Also, I win a ton of PoP spells in the tournament so it is an even trade for me.

DeletedUser19458

I'm in chapter 15 and since building Prosp Towers after fairies I have only ever had 6 workshops. I gives lots of supplies every 3 hrs and anytime I am low (like when time-boosting through my troops) I run PoP spells and it gives significant boost to Workshops. Yes definitely worth replacing a WS for this (and if you aren't sure ... just teleport a WS away for now instead of deleting).

I've never built the EE ... never saw its' value, so cannot give any advice.

That all said, and as the others have said, it's up to your playing style. My play style probably a lot different than yours, if those are your only wonders so far. I fight lots in the tourney and finish the spire every week all fighting. I need a lot of supplies to keep the troops going. So take everything I say with a grain of salt :)

Edit: I am lucky to be able to collect frequently through-out the day. This will make a huge difference as well if you can only collect once or twice in a day.

DeletedUser2768

My big cities are in Elementals and Halflings. They both have EE and PT. I cater/negotiate 100% of my encounters and have 5 workshops. It works for me.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If you have normal workshops, in theory you could replace one with each wonder. If you have magic workshops then you may wish to reconsider the endless excavation as the maths on it was against normal workshops, not magic. Add a power of provision and it changes again.

Your workshop needs are a function of many things:
  • Number of factories
  • number of armouries
  • Magic WS or normal
  • PoP spells, availablity and usage
  • Supply wonders and level (PT, EE and ToS)
  • Culture bonus - 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%. The better you run the less workshops you need
  • Other sources - instants, event buildings, visits, etc.

Personally I run 4 magic workshops and it is too many the majority of he time. From 0 supplies I can max out my main hall capacity with a collection of 9hr productions on them. I also have PT, EE and ToS.

I'm currently near the end of chapter 10 (S&D), full catering, have 8 workshops, and the only AWs I have are Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls.

As a side note are you aware of the new resource (seeds) in the next chapter? As the chapters go on this resources becomes more needed and the best source of them is wonder levels, for the bonus they provide.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Personally I run 4 magic workshops and it is too many the majority of he time. From 0 supplies I can max out my main hall capacity with a collection of 9hr productions on them. I also have PT, EE and ToS.
Same, except I am hitting the supply cap constantly with just 3 magic workshops. And certainly could do the same with 2 if I'd run PoP all the time (and still never run out of these).

DeepTerminal

wow thanks a lot for your detailed reply! I have a follow up question: When should I put KPs in wonders? Should I try to get to the last chapter first, or should I stop in between chapters now to level up my AW?

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
wow thanks a lot for your detailed reply! I have a follow up question: When should I put KPs in wonders? Should I try to get to the last chapter first, or should I stop in between chapters now to level up my AW?

Honestly you should be leveling wonders from chapter 2 ;) :p I don't know that anyone has done the maths on it but a lot of feedback from different players suggests you want 60 wonder levels for halflings, 40 wonders levels at a minimum which I understand is tight on seeds production. Granted now days there are supplementary buildings that did not exist in the early days, so those can ease pressure while you build aw's. Those numbers also often included using MM spells on factories.

I would estimate adding 20 wonder levels a chapter from there. so:
  • Halflings - 60
  • Elementals - 80
  • amuni - 100
  • constructs - 120
  • elvenar - 140
  • embassies - 160
Except for halfings from asking a number of people that is an absolute guess. Some of those chapters may not need so many wonders but later ones will. The major pressure points are halflings when you first get seeds and then elvenar when the need for sentients increases massively. Chapter 12-14 add sentients which use seeds but chapter 15 people go from running maybe 3 sentient factories to 6 (2 of each type). Use of MM spells and supple of seeds will impact how many factories you can run.

Also from chapter 15 seeds are used in many building upgrades starting from approx 30K seeds an upgrade and wonders from chapter 14 require seeds to upgrade. So if you had plans for timewarp and/or simia you will need seeds to level them.

I have more wonders than most people so I rely on my trader bonus and seed wonders (ETC and sunset towers), and I have temporarily place 3 festival merchants. I know a person in ch 15 with 150 wonder levels and they also run 7 festival merchants (8 sentient factories, max spire each week and are powering timewarp/simia levels). Hard to say precisely what you will need but certainly look at leveling some wonders. Your ability to get the 3hrly boost has a big impact on production.

In terms of stopping to level AW's or keep going that depends a lot on how you like to play. The reality is you can keep going and the game will force delays by being tech locked waiting for resources, so if you prefer to keep moving then do so just knowing what is coming. Even with planning tech lock is a way of life in later chapters ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

I know a person in ch 15 with 150 wonder levels and they also run 7 festival merchants
I am in chapter 16 with almost 200 AW levels, and I run almost 20 Festival Merchants at all times ;) Only since FMs came to be, I am relatively comfortable with my seed production levels.

Kekune

Has anyone compared EE against later chapter workshops? I built my EE in Woodelves, and at the time it compared very favorably to workshops. Now in ch 16, I'm considering dropping it. Workshop output is dramatically higher and I've got a couple magic ones, to boot. I'm trying to decide if the EE still earns its space. Seems like it probably would not, next time I add a magic workshop. Unless I want to level it substantially, which I'm not sure I do.

Has anyone else already faced this decision?