• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

Not really, not in the late game at least. L10 in c16 produces 1140 mages per day. I skipped pretty much all optional SSU, and my regular SS is 3081. So we're looking at ~0.35 squads per day in the best case, and people who took more SSUs would probably see it down to ~0.20 sq/day or so. Assuming perfect collection, that's ~2 squads per week., give or take. You can compare that with Brown Bear passive production (and that's not even the important part for BB).

Count me unimpressed, even if that would be a decent unit to begin with.
Pretty much *anything* that isn't a WW/Genie or a military booster is unimpressive by end game, since mid to high Lv AW's by that point destroy pretty much everything else... :rolleyes: :p:p

Main point is, Human players, especially pre-Flying Academy unlocking Human players, will love this building, since 'free Priests' is basically, "here's some free production of your only barracks unit that's actually worth a damn and not simply some varying flavour of hot garbage!"

And again as a human player who's pre-Ch14-16, I prefer BB for it's unit production, since 3/4 units handed out basically 'fix' massive holes in our combat abilities.
(...namely Ork Strats & Frogs who outright replace the utterly useless garbage-tier Mortars, and the basic Ork Boyz who krump light infantry far better than Pallies can.)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Pretty much *anything* that isn't a WW/Genie or a military booster is unimpressive by end game, since mid to high Lv AW's by that point destroy pretty much everything else... :rolleyes: :p:p

Main point is, Human players, especially pre-Flying Academy unlocking Human players, will love this building, since 'free Priests' is basically, "here's some free production of your only barracks unit that's actually worth a damn and not simply some varying flavour of hot garbage!"

And again as a human player who's pre-Ch14-16, I prefer BB for it's unit production, since 3/4 units handed out basically 'fix' massive holes in our combat abilities.
(...namely Ork Strats & Frogs who outright replace the utterly useless garbage-tier Mortars, and the basic Ork Boyz who krump light infantry far better than Pallies can.)
HAHHAHA... personally, having both human and elf cities... I love any building that gives me troops. Five slots isn't enough for fifteen different troop types from my POV

DeepTerminal

I have an elves city in Elementals, and the evolving building doesn't look that useful. Everything it produces is so abysmal compared to buildings that specialized
in them.. population, mana, T3, supplies, and troops, none of them is appealing

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have an elves city in Elementals, and the evolving building doesn't look that useful. Everything it produces is so abysmal compared to buildings that specialized
in them.. population, mana, T3, supplies, and troops, none of them is appealing

The thing with evolving buildings is that, yes, each individual item is going to be worse than from a building dedicated to that resource, but to me, all of the different resources being generated in a small 4x4, or 3x3 for the bears, space makes almost all of them worth putting in my now chapter 16 city. It is a compromise. The more different things a building provides, the less of each individual item you get when compared to a more focused building.

By they way, in answer to your earlier question about dailies, while we have no idea on Beta what will come on which day, there appears to be eight new buildings as daily prizes for this event, all magic or dragon-themed.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I like the new display of tournament scores in Beta!

107505176_10217186744081316_3216237384773568813_n.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have already collected several grand prizes in my Beta city and was watching for changes with this new look and found one change they made, which was verified by the CM there. Instead of overflow happening when you go over the 20 needed to earn a grand prize, like in previous events, now it is set up to get us to exactly 20. For example, with one of my grand prizes, for which I took a screenshot, I was at 19 of 20 points and all three locations to pick from were worth 1 point toward the grand prize.

Screenshot (1).png

DeletedUser21570

All, check out the proposed tournament changes that are on the beta site here.

Not sure what I think - could be good, but could be bad.
I mostly play tournament for KP
I currently also try and get as many points in rounds 1 and 2 to save pet food - so I'll go 40+ provinces in both round 1 and 2 - I get my share of tourney points for the FS to hit the chest goal and I get a lot of KP with around the same amount of difficulty and I use only 1 pet food to do it. I am not consistently one of the "heavy hitters" they refer to nor do I ever aim to be, but I am now going to be caught up in the attempt to weigh down those heavy hitters.

So, in many tournaments I get around 2500 points doing that - but only fight in 2 rounds. (If I really need relics I play more rounds and use more pet food and a lot of the buff buildings - but most weeks that is how I get my 2500 tourney points). So now my strategy is not going to work and I'm going to be forced to use more pet food and get fewer KP to help with AW increases as I am a player that does not use alts to feed my AW.

I also know what troops to focus on training which helps as even with pet food for brown bear and time instants it would be nearly impossible for me to train all of my troop types up to adequate levels every week - and now if I guess wrong I guess I'm just screwed.

I do like the thought of only having to do one fight as manual fighting results in less troop losses but who has the time to do it in the current tourney environment? The major downside is that with only one encounter the chances of larger losses due to unfortunate terrain configuration could be more costly.

All in all, we'll have to see what the feedback is from beta and those who experience it the first time starting next week.

Deleted User - 1178646

It's bad very bad.

You get 1 bone (4 to 1 battles) but you get the entire cow taken away. you get a spire like formula in return, and that 1 battle wil most likely force you to go from auto to manual battles to control te losses. as losses increase very quickly, I also just read you no longer know your enemies, like in the spire so you will loose the ability to cater your combat buildings towards a tournament.

And many many many more downsides, 1 bone given, but bye bye cow, you do not get a slimmer cow, but no cow at all.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Does this mean that skipping squad size technologies has no advantage? It sounds like they are using the spire calculation for tournaments. Is this correct?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Am I understanding correctly? In essence we are penalized for AW levels & expansions & whatever else we have done to improve our city and battle capabilities? Didn't they already make the Spire difficulty grow with AW levels? I also thought that at some time in the past there was a claim to make the squad size upgrades not so detrimental. Guessing I misunderstood. I'm also very concerned with how they are going to make provinces 1 battle instead of 4. Does that mean 4 times as difficult? I hope the reality isn't as bad as it sounds! I am really disheartened by the video.

DeletedUser21570

The kicker for me is about balancing the tournament to try and make it more fair for early game players because they haven't unlocked as many provinces.

So here are some flaws with that -
1) Who in their right mind expects to join a game and be able to do just as much when they first start as players who have been playing for months, or for years? That is ludicrous. And to have the developers couch these changes in trying to level the playing field in that manner is crazy.
2) Many of the new players I think will find it harder to focus on tourneys to obtain relics for their boosted goods. I remember when I first started I wasn't asked to do much in many of the tourneys - and I spent my fime focusing on the THREE tourneys for my boosted goods and the SPECIFIC goods and troops I needed for just those tourneys in order to be able to get as many relics as possible. I trained the troops I needed and accumulated the goods I needed ahead of time. By randomizing everything I think it will make that harder to do. I did what I could in the 6 tourneys not for my good and hit those three as hard as I could. I knew exactly what troops to train and didn't worry about the others. So long to that practice for newbies.

I also think this will really devalue the buff buildings - particularly the light range and the mage multiplier. I don't bother putting those out in a tourney where I won't use those troops and if I'm trying to hit a tourney hard I will put out more than one on the tourneys where I know I will use those troops a lot. Now, it will be a crap shoot.

Oh, and the tin-foil-hat-wearing side of me has to wonder if they won't have the code evaluate your city map for buff buildings and "randomize" the enemy troops you face to be ones you can't use those troops against. LOL

Believe it or not, I'm trying hard to be glass half full - but I think my glass keeps shrinking.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There are MASSIVE changes coming to the Tournaments in Beta World on 14th July!!

The goal is to make the entry into the Tournaments easier for newer players, providing more of a Challenge to veteran players, while also ensuring the Tournaments remain fair, regardless of progress.
* One fight per province not 4 to make the encounters easier and less repetitive
* Five enemy in all fights to make squad comparison easier
* A variety of factors will influence difficulty of fights and catering - not just squad size. Costs will be based on a series of progression factors, which involve city development and researches in general.
* Changes to the types of goods needed to Cater to prevent weekly shortages of one particular Goods type
* Difficulty of Provinces will increase the deeper you go and also from round to round.
* 9 extra tough bonus chests - mainly for the top fellowships, with KP Instants and RR Spells
* Still to come - Boosters or Diamonds can be used to skip the cool-down time direct from the Tournament Window.

Read the Announcement here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...the-scenes-upcoming-tournament-changes.15181/

Discussion thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/upcoming-tournament-changes.15182/

Here is the Announcement video:

Status
Not open for further replies.