• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1178646

And how long will the delay be? That is the question. For chapters 15-17 no new trading features were introduced, so no delay was needed. Chapter 18 is a whole different story.

Depends how many people quit, I remember I think it was the elemental or the amuni chapter that got delayed to almost a year while it was ready only a few months after the previous chapter was released only because of sentient goods and a lack of players for trading.

mikeledo

I am just relaying what INNO said about the AWs. Small cities with developed AWs will do the best. Size counts. INNO tracks cookies. They know everyone who uses push accounts. Current management refuses to eliminate accounts. I would propose they restrict accounts for a minimum of 30 days. If folks want to get off restriction they would have to admit and identify all their push accounts to INNO and request they be removed and also request that INNO removes all their KP from all the AWs even the stuff that wasn't put there by their accounts to make up for all the advantages that they had. By players requesting INNO do this, it eliminates INNO of any liability.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am just relaying what INNO said about the AWs.

The models they implement often do not match their advice. The spire calculation for its squad size is exponentially increasing by research faster than training speed can keep up. The training speed is, for the later chapters, tied heavily to the SS techs (assuming all taken), which is quadratic.

Last edited:

mikeledo

While I find the first level of the spire extremely easy, I have had very easy fights on the last level against the final boss. I just don't see the difficulty especially in cities where I didn't skip the optional squads. However, I do have issues going back on some chapters where I don't have the guest race goods to update a squad. If you build an old portal (and that is all you have) the portal instants don't work. They will only give you goods in your current chapter. If INNO is going to change the algorithm to eliminate squad size, I wish they would allow us to go back and use portal instants to get old race goods.

Pheryll

Set Designer
When I claimed that "training speed is, for the later chapters, tied heavily to the SS techs," I merely meant that at that point they were using roughly proportional numbers. The SS techs do not need to be taken for the training speed to to improve. The only speed of training that SS technologies actually help are the production from ancient wonders (they also boost troop instants).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Depends how many people quit, I remember I think it was the elemental or the amuni chapter that got delayed to almost a year while it was ready only a few months after the previous chapter was released only because of sentient goods and a lack of players for trading.

Not sure what info you are looking at, but you can go through the Announcements forum and see that there was never a gap of more than about 8 months between chapter releases. No chapter was ever delayed a year. I think it was Amuni that was released after 8 months, instead of the 6 months they had been doing.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You could build a orc town (so you can unlock more than 222 provinces) play as an elf, and build a minimal town with 1 barracks, some armories, 1 level 30 needles, minimal production to unlock provinces, a fire phoenix and as little expansions as possible, just do not place those darn things.

But this is not playing the game. Advancing through the chapters and building a normal city is the game. The tournament and events and Spire are all just extra stuff you can do or not do. Maybe Inno is just tired of all the players who stop advancing to focus on something that is not the core of the game and do not care if the players who only care about the tournament quit?

I think this really gets into what ppl actually enjoy about playing this game (or any game for that matter.) Inno might have built this on the idea of a city building game with things like spire and tourney as extra or supporting events. But what ever a player enjoys about the game is what keeps them here. They might not care a lot about city building but enjoy the fighting aspect. And some might like the building aspect and hate the fighting. But what ever it is they like to do, for them, that is 'playing the game'; whether it was originally intended by the creators or not.

As for crazywizards comments in the post i partially quoted... you almost outlined what iv been working on the last year or two! I just finally finished orcs so im close to being able to try my strategy. I just need to lvl up my shrooms AW and unlock enough provinces and then i should be able to 2 star 25 provinces each and every week while being able to fully restock my military.
Its taken so long because its a lot of AW leveling. But when they introduced the Fire phoenix; that was the first time i really aw this as being something i could achieve and have been working towards it since. (i was still in the early chapters with maybe 1 aw built. So i had a long way to go irregardless.)
But now i have the L21 Golden abyss and L12 Mountain halls for the extra pop i needed.
Chapter capped barracks and a L21 Needles for fastest training speed.
L11 Bulwark and Lv3 shrooms (these two were recently placed, so have the least work on them) along with some armories for increasing the max amount i have in the barracks que. That way its training all night long while im asleep.
And of course, the building that makes it all possible this early for me, My beloved Fire phoenix and her +50% damage to units.
All combined, that means i can train more units and at a faster rate. And have stronger units.

So im that close to being able to do 2 star, 25 tourney provs. (better rewards this way while still reaching the minimum 1600 points). I was hoping in a month or so to be ready to do a full 9 week tourney test to prove/disprove its validity. Fight every week, fully retrain army by the next. See if it worked, or needed improvements. Now this tourney over haul will probably be implemented right in the middle of that >< ... but i cant complain to much. The system does need an over haul. Just gotta love the timeing on a personal level.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If you build an old portal (and that is all you have) the portal instants don't work. They will only give you goods in your current chapter.
I tested this and can verify it is correct. PP's only give the capped guest race resources for the chapter you are in even with an earlier chapter portal placed and that portal being the only guest race portal placed in the city. So for those who did not stockpile sufficient guest race resources to activate the skipped optional SS upgrade techs, the only way to get them is to rebuild the settlement and make what you need. o_O
That includes me :oops: and I knew better!! Over time I either used the resources for roads or got lax on making sure I had them as I progressed through the chapters. For me, it won't be all the guest races, but will be some of them across 2 cities... Good thing I am taking time off between chapters in both cities right now, lol! In one city that break will be longer than I had planned; in the other city I wasn't planning to go into Ch16 until I saw something in a future chapter I wanted; don't see anything in Ch16 that I want...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So im that close to being able to do 2 star, 25 tourney provs. (better rewards this way while still reaching the minimum 1600 points). I was hoping in a month or so to be ready to do a full 9 week tourney test to prove/disprove its validity. Fight every week, fully retrain army by the next. See if it worked, or needed improvements. Now this tourney over haul will probably be implemented right in the middle of that >< ... but i cant complain to much. The system does need an over haul. Just gotta love the timeing on a personal level.

In case you were not following all of the talk about the tournament changes being tested on Beta, the first star of province 20 is now as hard as a sixth star in the current format. And it slowly gets harder, the further past 20 you go.

mikeledo

Two unrelated thoughts. What if INNO simply removed the public rank and ranking points of folks with push accounts. Their cities would be listed at the end of all the ranked cities with their points blank. Also, FS that have these cities in them get zero ranking points from them. They can still play and push all they want.

The second thought I had it about 4AM is what would happen to the difficulty of fighting in the tournament if a person was to teleport 10 (or fill in the number) of their factories before the start of the Tourny, and then using timewarp and polar bear completed the tourney in 2 days and then put their buildings back up. I am guessing I could sustain 3-4 buildings a week. Would the lack of buildings during the tournry help, or is it just AWs?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In case you were not following all of the talk about the tournament changes being tested on Beta, the first star of province 20 is now as hard as a sixth star in the current format. And it slowly gets harder, the further past 20 you go.
Yea i saw all that in the video. Thats why im annoyed by the timing of the update. I would love to atleast be able to prove my stratagy would have worked in atleast one full round of tourneys before it gets changed. But one full round is 9 weeks. And i need a hair more time to finish my prep. So im guessing the update will happen on the live servers before 9-12 weeks.

That being said, i dont know where they got the idea that 1st star on 1st prov is the same as 1st start on 20th prov. It definitely gets harder. Maybe not to the extent they are thinking, or planning on with the update, but i would hardly say they are the same.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And a quick update on two very important things on Beta:

Before going into the weekend, please let me already share with you 2 changes that we strive to implement before the next tournament will start next week:

• We will remove Guest Race Resources from the Squad Size Upgrade techs, so players who have skipped those can unlock them without having to rebuild settlements.
  • We will implement a way to make certain unit types appear more often in certain tournaments, to bring back some more flavor, enable Fellowships to plan better again and make sure the expiring battle buildings can be used more strategically.
Other changes are still being worked out and probably won't be ready yet before the start, but may be gradually implemented while the tournament is running. When we have more specific info to share on that, we will.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So im that close to being able to do 2 star, 25 tourney provs.
In the new system provinces, 20-25 for 2 stars each encounter will be harder than round 6 of the current system.
The days of going max provinces 2 deep are coming to an end.
E.G. I started losing auto fights on round 2 of province 17, compared to live where I basically never lost since I never did round 6.

Deleted User - 4565442

When they did a repeat of the Phoenix with old and new artifacts, I was really hoping they would do the same with the bears.

They probably will, i think Phoenix and Bears events are long-term events for them unlike others, they can simply add more and more phoenixes and bears
all stages animation available here , it's clearly Buddhist-themed bear with lotus flower (symbolic for Buddha's throne), similar to Panda's Shinto theme

As autumn event will be in September it gives me small hope that they will do something like they did with valentines to combine them with carnival, and we will have halloween evolution building for the first time in bigger event than these mini-events, really hope so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In the new system provinces, 20-25 for 2 stars each encounter will be harder than round 6 of the current system.
The days of going max provinces 2 deep are coming to an end.
E.G. I started losing auto fights on round 2 of province 17, compared to live where I basically never lost since I never did round 6.
/cry
I spent the lat year or two working on that specific goal. Just as i get near the finish line its being taken away!!!
I hope they revamp the rewards then. I wanted that kp!

BrinDarby

Players, especially players that fully immerse themselves in the game.... use and adapt, to the rules.
Then that information is disseminated to the mass's... what that creates is a playerbase that usually
is way ahead of the coders.... the coders are left to "react" to what players do or dont do....

What drives all of this is 1 thing $$$$$$$$$$$..... yes , this is a buisness, and just like my trading
in the game, profit is NOT a dirty word. But when things are changed because of $$$ or because
of unintended consequences of players adapting in wierd ways the coders never thought of, then
Inno ends up playing the "react" game, and not the "game innovation" game....

When things that make the game funner or easier are discarded in favor of ONLY $$$ building
changes.... over time, the players and thier revenue will go away....
BrinD

Status
Not open for further replies.