• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

CHANDY

This has been a barrel of laughs. 2 1/2 pages with 1 cat as payoff. Way too many fights for relics and little payoff. Another diasappointment from the designers of elvenar. Really? this is so confusing most of my fellowship has given up already. Can't blame them this is a serious let down,
again.

truelinor

Has anyone else noticed that you don't actually have to click on the cats to collect them? If their row is going out of view, it will come up as a pop-up for you to collect. I found this out accidently, but then I tested it and, sure enough, you do not have to click on them - lol, OK, so it's the little things in life!

You know, I just thought that one through and while you don't have to click on them while they are "on the board" you will still click the "OK" when they get to the end and pop up. So, here I thought I was saving a click! lol

EDIT: You do have to click on the lost objects though - those you will lose if you don't collect them pronto! (Didn't want anyone blaming me for losing one!)

Deleted User - 4565442

At what chapter (or level or whatever) do scouts take that long?
Do you recall when they begin to exceed 24hrs?

I'm not 100% sure if I remember accurately but I believe mine are running around 16 now.

Some people have already scoutings at 100 hours + in chapter 16.
All depends on number of provinces not chapter.
We pleaded for some building or something (like ancient wonder) to make scouting shorter but game team ignored as always.

LordVorKon

I'm at 79 hours right now. 518 cleared, 28 incomplete. I have no clue when 24-hour scouts might've been.

Last time I decided I needed new provinces for quest completion, before the last event, I fed my Coldfire Phoenix and dumped about 60 days of time instants. I don't do map encounters except for event quests, so the 130 or so unfinished encounters will probably last me a while longer.

DeletedUser22456

This event is horrible. It is like Inno went and copied everything that makes Forge of Empires suck and transplanted it here ruining the seasonal event. Impossibly hard to get the daily prizes - an event prize that isn't worth the effort. This is a ridiculous waste of time and effort. it appears that they think we are stupid enough to just spend $$$ to get these prizes - i am ok with spending a few dollars but the whole daily prize aspect is rigged so that you dont get the prizes. This sucks. this may be my last event that i participate in and certainly the last time i will spend any $. i thought being able to buy the stashhouse in both my worlds was great until i realized that it didn't matter if you had double the pumpkins because the misty maze bs is horribly rigged to just rip you off. Ruined a great game - way to go!!!

hvariidh gwendrot

planning does speed things up no lie .. i have gone from planning to just doing them ad hoc now .. i tend to ignore daily prizes and look for kitty, seems to be paying out ok, portal profit here scarecrow there when i get them, but a real shortage of imagination on variety of them basically day 1 to 10 then repeat, hat is only thing worth playing for as far as i can tell, extra boosts are cool, but way to many encounter repeats in quests to many repeats to many encounter repeats .. but that is a haiku for another day

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At what chapter (or level or whatever) do scouts take that long?
Do you recall when they begin to exceed 24hrs?

I'm not 100% sure if I remember accurately but I believe mine are running around 16 now.

In my Beta city, I have not quite scouted all the provinces needed to unlock chapter 8 and my scout times are around 12-13 hours. But they could be a lot higher if I were over-scouting to unlock more expansions. Plus you have to remember that whatever your scout time is when you complete an Advanced Scouts research, that time will be cut by 25%. Because of all the variables I am not sure just how many provinces is the point where even an new research will not drop it back below 24 hours.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you did some prep work, most of the quests could be insta-completed. I have done the main quest line within the first 7 hours, and most of this time was waiting for MA refresh for more VV sources. The only quests that I've spent meaningful amounts of time instants on were goods production quests. There were small speedups on catalyst production, small supply productions and rushing level upgrades, but all these were in fairly insignificant amounts.
It depends on what you consider insignificant amounts. If you have hundreds of time instants, then a couple dozen may seem insignificant. If you have only 30 or 40 total, then that would seem very significant. I guess we're all at different levels.

Darielle

@Darielle ,
to avoid using endless time boosts, you ask'd how then.....
MinMax has it right, and its the 6p way...
proper planning prevents piss poor performance.....

I'm scared now by this thread....... Will the Map end ???????
Seriously, Inno..... step in and clear this , plz...... does the map just end even if
ppl have lights ( and some of those might be bought ) ?????????

Bottom line, good UI, great idea, horrible implementation ..... ( opinion )
BrinD

I agree with you on horrible implementation, Brin. But I didn't ask how to avoid using "endless" time boosts. I asked how it was possible without time boosts. I know how to get that far with some time boosts along with proper planning ahead. (I have one level five building waiting for the "upgrade to level six" quest a few quests ahead, for example). I guess it's a matter of what you like to spend time boosts on. I usually spend mine on quickening the building upgrades so I can use those buildings to produce goods/troops sooner. I rarely save them for events (although now that I regularly do the spire, I may wind up with enough to do both, eventually.) So far in this event, I haven't used a single time instant. Perhaps that's why I'm on 37 and you're on 49. :)

In any case. they have me wondering too ... it would be insane for the map to end. I think it must have been a glitch for that player. Let's both hope so!

Deleted User - 3932582

It depends on what you consider insignificant amounts. If you have hundreds of time instants, then a couple dozen may seem insignificant. If you have only 30 or 40 total, then that would seem very significant. I guess we're all at different levels.
No, for things that I mentioned it is insignificant regardless - probably 20 hours tops, all in. Overall I dumped about 200 hours, but as I said, most of that was for the goods quests. On the other hand, I only have 1 leveled regular goods manufactory for each tier, so people who have more than that would produce those goods much faster.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No, for things that I mentioned it is insignificant regardless - probably 20 hours tops, all in. Overall I dumped about 200 hours, but as I said, most of that was for the goods quests. On the other hand, I only have 1 leveled regular goods manufactory for each tier, so people who have more than that would produce those goods much faster.

I only keep one of each tier out, but I have two extra fully-leveled marble factories that I put out during events. Even with those five factories, with MM and storm phoenix fed, I still need more than one round of 3-hour productions for most of the goods quests. One of the last few quests asked for 159k normal goods.

Darielle

That makes sense in your situation. As I said, each person is different and considers different things significant or insignificant. But overall I'm happy with my progress in this event. I know I'll get all the dailies before it ends so I'm not worried how fast I go. The main problem for me is the mist and maze part. If it weren't for that, the quests would be fine.

Darielle

I only keep one of each tier out, but I have two extra fully-leveled marble factories that I put out during events. Even with those five factories, with MM and storm phoenix fed, I still need more than one round of 3-hour productions for most of the goods quests. One of the last few quests asked for 159k normal goods.
woah ... they ask you for a great deal more goods than they ask me for. I can understand why it would be a problem in your case. The goods production are the easy quests for me. The relics, VV and gaining enchantments are more difficult even with a level 5 MA. Different strokes for different folks.

DeletedUser8192

Well shucks, I usually wait to say anything about an event until I have played it for a bit, but I am sad to say that after waiting most of the year with anticipation for Hallow event *my two favs are Hallows Eve and Winter* I am super unhappy.

I love strategy games irl, I have been extremely strategic on the placement of my lighting items and therefore have had many times where I have opened large areas at a time (without) a single item to be found. The items found, compared to lighting used ratio, is simply unacceptable considering their cost, especially because, and here is the real killer for me, the EXCESSIVE REPEAT of quest items. I am already at lvl 6 of my shack but I am now stuck because the game keeps recycling the (solve encounters and supplies) quest.

I have solved so many encounters that I have literally opened two expansions, and am now out of scouted citys to solve. With there only being one tourney a week and upwards of 50+ scouting time, I have utilized dozens of speedups and can go no further until Tourney pops up in 20+ hours or so.
At the rate this keeps happening I will likely be unable to get past a lvl 7 hut which stinks because I planned well ahead and had high hopes of a lvl 10 which I usually make in a event (only reason I didn't upgrade my Gingerbread house to 10, was because I hate what they did with the roof and the gingerbread, and didn't want to have to look at it)

This reminds me of a couple other past events where they did the same thing with repeating encounters request right after one tourney ended, and then as soon as the next tourney popped back up, the game suddenly stopped demanding the encounters. If the game does the same thing this time around, I will be back to spit flames and snort sulfur, because as a long time gamer, that is such an obvious Diamond ploy once boosts are wiped out, that it pisses me off.

PS, cool that I could possibly replace my current Dr. Frankenspleen with one that has more population, and get burning man, but man, what's up with the rest of the prizes? Seriously, only one Seed prize, really...

All in all, waiting nearly a year, and then being laid up in bed from treatments with not much to do other than play the game, I am super disappointed with this years event. I hope others are having a better time and I am not looking for debate, just stating my own feelings on the event this year, thanks.

Seachant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aritra

Well shucks, I usually wait to say anything about an event until I have played it for a bit, but I am sad to say that after waiting most of the year with anticipation for Hallow event *my two favs are Hallows Eve and Winter* I am super unhappy.

I love strategy games irl, I have been extremely strategic on the placement of my lighting items and therefore have had many times where I have opened large areas at a time (without) a single item to be found. The items found, compared to lighting used ratio, is simply unacceptable considering their cost, especially because, and here is the real killer for me, the EXCESSIVE REPEAT of quest items. I am already at lvl 6 of my shack but I am now stuck because the game keeps recycling the (solve encounters and supplies) quest.

I have solved so many encounters that I have literally opened two expansions, and am now out of scouted citys to solve. With there only being one tourney a week and upwards of 50+ scouting time, I have utilized dozens of speedups and can go no further until Tourney pops up in 20+ hours or so.

At the rate this keeps happening I will likely be unable to get past a lvl 7 hut which stinks because I planned well ahead and had high hopes of a lvl 10 which I usually make in a event (only reason I didn't upgrade my Gingerbread house to 10, was because I hate what they did with the roof and the gingerbread, and didn't want to have to look at it)

This reminds me of a couple other past events where they did the same thing with repeating encounters request right after one tourney ended, and then as soon as the next tourney popped back up, the game suddenly stopped demanding the encounters. If the game does the same thing this time around, I will be back to spit flames and snort sulfur, becasue as a loing time gamer, that is such an obvious Diamond ploy once boosts are wiped out, that it pisses me off.

PS, cool that I could possibly replace Dr. Frankenspleen with more population, and get burning man, but man, what's up with the rest of the prizes? Seriously, only one Seed prize, really...

All in all, waiting nearly a year, and then being laid up in bed from treatments, I am super disappointed with this years event. I hope others are having a better time and I am not looking for debate, just stating my own feelings on the event this year, thanks.

Seachant.
Writing to say I agree, not debate. :)
I'm new to Elvenar (compared to some folks), just since end of last February. To date, I have yet to collect all artifacts in an event. I'm disappointed because I was really looking forward to this. I felt I'd learned a few strategies from past events that would make this the best yet (for me). It was the first time I had the benefit of the beta list and I had a plan. This was going to be the time I reach that goal. Doesn't look like it.

Too much scouting and too many fragments (I'm not disenchanting my inventory for this event). And too many relics. I'm basically out of CC and MA won't give me the right relics so I can make more. (whine, whine) Seriously, though. I agree that the prizes (can we really call them that?) are too spaced out on the board. It is painful to be forced (tricked?) to waste expensive ingredients (expensive because of all that scouting, relics, and disenchanting and those things aren't the problem, excessiveness is). I'm not even bothering with dailies because the percentage chance of getting it is ridiculously low and not worth the expensive lights (though I feel I've developed a decent strategy through the board, it is still robbery).

I am also eagerly waiting for the next tourney (and they'd better not jack the prices up because it is during an event) to close encounters. Surely encounter quests drying up during tourneys would be an unfortunate coincidence considering so many are at varied points in the questline. I have provinces left from scouting but it's more expensive for resources and I'm fighting the temptation to get the current quest closed when I could wait less than a day (but every day counts in these events, especially one so funky).

Glad you're feeling better and too bad this is what you came back to find. Again, still less than a year experience so I'm not super familiar with the typical event schedule (when the next is). Whenever it is, I sure hope some of these dissatisfactions reach the right ears and it goes better.

Good luck cat hunting ;)