• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Read all about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/ybkrem82
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship!

120456884_10217745739615855_5555901546046407626_n.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Bumping this up, since people do not seem to see it 10 or 12 threads down the list.

I finished the event on Beta with 8 artifacts and was 12 cats short of the 9th artifact. But I was not careful about the light packages I bought with the magic ingredients. If I had been, I probably would have gotten all 9 artifacts. Also, my luck with daily prizes was horrible on Beta. I got a total of four buildings and maybe a few non-building prizes.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I want to get the carriage; it has a decent amount of orcs produced and I'm always low on orcs. Can't wait to get that. The event building doesn't seem bad either, so I'll evolve it if I get enough to max it. If I don't, then I probably will leave it in storage until I can get more artifacts. I love the artwork ... as always, Elvenar employs the best artists.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Announcement from Beta 22nd October:
We have made the following 2 changes around the Misty Forest event:
  • We'll give out more event currency on Live to make the event a bit easier compared to Beta.
  • The Witch Hut will now only grant 3KP on Stage 10.
121802083_10217879749606021_519714016875694288_n.jpg

Aritra

This event is a disaster, total change with no instructions and I have just decided to not participate in such a mess BOOOOOOOOO event designers
At the moment I'm collecting whatever its called... magic ingredients? Later, after work (I'm at lunch, not a well timed bathroom break ;) @Kekune ) I'm going to watch that video that was on the event preview post, assuming its going to tell me how it works cuz I have no idea. We should *not* need to watch tutorial video but at least its there (I think).

Last edited:

Aritra

I don't like this one, either. The video doesn't help enough. It's too conversational and not enough how-to-do-it. It's too complicated. I can't get it to work.
Including first step and through the end of that arena would have been even more helpful.
At the moment I'm collecting whatever its called... magic ingredients? Later, after work (I'm at lunch, not a well timed bathroom break ;) @Kekune ) I'm going to watch that video that was on the event preview post, assuming its going to tell me how it works cuz I have no idea. We should *not* need to watch tutorial video but at least its there (I think).
Video not nearly as helpful as I'd hoped. It was something, but I still feel clueless. I feel like every decision is so critical that its overwhelming and wants to trigger a panic attack. That's not fun. It doesn't have to be that hard. I'm honestly considering abandoning the quests and going back home and work on my city (which gets mostly abandoned during events due to quest demands). I won't jump to that decision and will keep collecting ingredients as I go but I'm really not interested in spending my free time so stressed. Elvenar is my escape from RL stress. Defeats its purpose in my life if it contribtes, instead of alleviates, stress. I'm not leaving Elvenar but I dont know about this event.
[Its not like I just started. I have 542 ingredients (probably a bit more since I haven't cleared the perimeter recently) and just waiting on my scout to close the 10th quest (contemplating using timers but not sure if wanted to so early) with quests 11-14 poised to fall like dominoes (assuming they follow list).]

DeletedUser4372

love the new option to mix and match encounters to get the total number for the " Reward". i see people commenting about the video? i started to watch one of those many events ago, it was so childish, i never finished or bothered to watch another one. I play to have fun. I spent like $100 bucks one time and still never got it done. i said screw it and quit chasing the fake carrot on the long stick. I get more than half way though these, i am happy. be happy, have fun. all good.

Aritra

I decided to experiment. If I have over 500 ingredients and am contemplating not continuing, then what do I have to lose?
But feeling stupid because I can't figure out how to start (and the video skipped that part). I tap the square, nothing. I tap the candle thinking I need to select it first, but nothing. Then I start tapping everything and nothing will get me a candle? What am I missing?
(And shouldn't be because I'm on mobile right now. There are lots of players that play exclusively on mobile/tablet so surely the event would be compatible with non-desktop.)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I decided to experiment. If I have over 500 ingredients and am contemplating not continuing, then what do I have to lose?
But feeling stupid because I can't figure out how to start (and the video skipped that part). I tap the square, nothing. I tap the candle thinking I need to select it first, but nothing. Then I start tapping everything and nothing will get me a candle? What am I missing?
(And shouldn't be because I'm on mobile right now. There are lots of players that play exclusively on mobile/tablet so surely the event would be compatible with non-desktop.)

It is fairly simple. You click/tap on one of the lights in your inventory. Left side of the screen for browser and right side of the screen for mobile. Pick up a candle and put it on a square with white fog. The fog goes away. The lantern and the flask have to be used on squares that are completely empty. No fog or obstacle or chest or cat. Anything you reveal has to be manually collected. It it moves off the screen on the left, you have lost it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Aritra
Did you watch the video @T6583 posted above? It was made by iDavis and the instructions for using the candles, lanterns, and flash flasks begins at about 2:25 minutes into the video. The candle that is on the grid is a prize you are trying to uncover, it is not in your inventory yet. While that video is from the browser version, it will work similarly on mobile. Mobile shows your inventory of items you can use to clear the mist on the right instead of the left and requires tapping instead of clicking.

Aritra

It is fairly simple. You click/tap on one of the lights in your inventory. Left side of the screen for browser and right side of the screen for mobile. Pick up a candle and put it on a square with white fog. The fog goes away. The lantern and the flask have to be used on squares that are completely empty. No fog or obstacle or chest or cat. Anything you reveal has to be manually collected. It it moves off the screen on the left, you have lost it.
A lantern won't select when I tap it. That was the obvious course of action for that. But its not selecting. Gotta wait until I get home and hope it'll work on desktop?