• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I got the email, but it didn't say what the prize was. I followed the link but I still don't know if I even got anything because I dont know what it was or what changed.
I beleive I got 4 candles, 2 lanterns, and 2 flash flasks.

Aritra

Something positive...
I just wanted to say that I appreciate the ingredients fallen to the outskirts of the city being larger. They are much easier to see. In the past (my experience), they seem to have been good about having just enough color difference to be easily spotted, yet were small such that easily missed if not looking closely. These are much easier to be sure they aren't missed. :)

DeletedUser19458

So how many Evo's should we expect? I have one, and have spent about 1,000 widgets. At this rate, I can expect maybe 3 or 4 max? I must not get this game ... :|

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So how many Evo's should we expect? I have one, and have spent about 1,000 widgets. At this rate, I can expect maybe 3 or 4 max? I must not get this game ... :|

On Beta, I was getting about 13-15 cats per 420 ingredient package. Don't forget the two that are in the prize bar from quest completion. And it looks like the FA that will give out two more artifacts will begin soon there. So you really only need to get 5 from the grand prizes to make a level 10 building.

Porcinus

Would you clear the fog circled in red? I was clearing squares, and I realize I didn't have to, and probably wasted more magic lights than I wanted to.
You can see whats under the fog a distance of 1 tile from any cleared tiles. Also if you dont recognize whats under the tile you can hold your mouse over it (in the browser version) and it will tell you.

Aritra

You can see whats under the fog a distance of 1 tile from any cleared tiles. Also if you dont recognize whats under the tile you can hold your mouse over it (in the browser version) and it will tell you.
@farsticks2
Also, FYI, on mobile you can do the same thing, except instead of hovering the pointer over it, give the tile a long-press and when you release it will have a temporary pop-up that says what's under the half-fog. ;) (I'm back and forth between mobile and desktop, whatever is convenient for RL at the time)

StormShark55

I've been playing for 2 days now and although the graphics are nice and I'm sure it was a lot of design hours but the game sucks. It might have been a little better if the candles....etc. didn't need so many points to get but the current trend on Elvenar is give less so people may spend more of their money. Game play is not as motivating as with other events but you can't have a winner every time.

DeletedUser15591

Yeh, I'm sure there are videos, and tips, but this is the worst mix of boring and confusing. This isn't a skill game, it's an exercise in artificial hoops, and most of the time I'm content to hop through them and keep building my city, but this one I'm not even bothering with anymore...

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's not fun when you're always running out of candles and have only lanterns and globes left. That's constantly happening to me, and no one wants to waste lanterns or globes when they can see there's only one thing left to collect. There should definitely be more candles to pick up along the way; I would say that was much more critical than getting the occasional globe or lantern.

The mist would have been a lot of fun if there had been just one path through it, (or even more than one to choose, like a choose your own adventure) and you just kept moving forward along that particular path. I could have enjoyed this game if that had been the case. I really hate when I use a lantern on a whole row and nothing is there and it doesn't even light up anything good beside it. I know that's rare, but it still sucks.

Candles candles, who has the candles? This is an obvious attempt to get us to throw all our game currency on the low value packages just so we'll use diamonds. If this had been more straight forward instead of a totally random thing, I might have done that. As it is, I'm not that stupid. I can see that some people are going to make out like bandits and others, who work just as hard and come on just as often, will get shortchanged. :( Put me in the "hate" camp as well, although that makes me sad because the graphics are stunning and this COULD have been so fun. I'm sure it is fun, for those who get lucky. Most people don't want a "pure luck" game that makes half the people feel bad.

Dang ... and I swore to myself I wouldn't complain ...

Aritra

I'm sure it is fun, for those who get lucky. Most people don't want a "pure luck" game that makes half the people feel bad.

Dang ... and I swore to myself I wouldn't complain ...
That's it, exactly. I don't like to gamble. Redemption turned into a game of chance and I don't like losing currency.

Though some are likely to make out like bandits and others barely get by (or dont make it), I'm hoping that they factored a margin of losses into it. I can't remember what quest values were before and wondering if these are inflated for that reason. Of course, some of you have records and may tell me they're typical, in which case... dang!

[I don't like to complain either, and usually don't, but this brought out an uglier side the last couple days. I told someone I was quitting the event because it wasn't worth the agitation and emotions, but here I am. More evidence of my Elvenar addiction (and/or masochism), lol. At least I'm calm and resigned today, but still plugging along. At least they still won't get RL currency from me!]

Last edited:

BrinDarby

So basically we have no control over what we're going for in terms of chests.
Learning curve uhhh yeah, and with a fix'd number of pumpkins it sure does
seems like Inno wants sales and/or diamond usage.. I like the interface as its
something new, but no warning on not wasting stuff on fog without rewards.

I think some control shud be given back to players, its not that hard actually....
when you get a reward tile, give players a choice of 3 chests from a specific tier
of chests. Not just having that tile "fixed" to a specific chest. Basically you would
have the "cats" and "chests" ( or any halloween pic ) , and when you opened the
reward tile , then you'd get the choice of 3 chests.... I'm sure Inno can structure
those within each tier, so that they are reletively equal in value.... but give players
a way to concentrate of specific goals as usuall ....

If players wanna go after just GPs thats ok, if they wanna pile up on 1-2 dailies or
just go for 1 of each... thats ok too.... but this format neither is possible.... its just
random and Inno guarentees which chests we all open now..... :confused:

I like the different interface and new challange...but since GP progress isn't based
on how far you move map to the right or how many Fog tiles you are able to open
up, many players will waste alot of lights trying to un-fog every tile. Effectively
moving thru the map itself could have been the benchmark for GP progress, that
also would facilitate every fog tile need'n to be opened.

All in all I like it alot, just hate it cause I can't control my destiny on prizes I want
or making sure I get all the evolves for all the time spent.....
BrinD

Aritra

I think some control shud be given back to players, its not that hard actually....
when you get a reward tile, give players a choice of 3 chests from a specific tier
of chests. Not just having that tile "fixed" to a specific chest. Basically you would
reward tile , then you'd get the choice of 3 chests.... I'm sure Inno can structure
those within each tier, so that they are reletively equal in value.... but give players

If players wanna go after just GPs thats ok, if they wanna pile up on 1-2 dailies or
just go for 1 of each... thats ok too.... but this format neither is possible.... its just

I like the different interface and new challange...but since GP progress isn't based
up, many players will waste alot of lights trying to un-fog every tile. Effectively

All in all I like it alot, just hate it cause I can't control my destiny on prizes I want
BrinD
You don't get choice of chest but you do get choice of receiving the chest of known contents. Before uncovering completely, you can hover your mouse pointer over it and it will tell you what's in it and percentages, just like a regular chest (if in doubt, I check under the fog to avoid wasting a light on uncovering a bramble). You can choose if you want to use one of your lights to uncover it and claim or choose to save light for a different tile and keep moving.

That being said, I do think the percentages are terrible. Five percent to get an event prize is too low. They've been low and I hoped this event would have improved that. Still, I have the option to take that super low chance or keep moving. Cats are the primary goal anyway (for most).

Last edited:

SGT AT ARMS

Ha ha as with any game one improvement equals one non improvement great job one the tourneys and spire changes but can I ask why did you guys waste so much time and effort on this style of event? I thought the events were in sad shape b4 but now I would rather have them as opposed to the soup sandwich this one is. however it goes its just an opinion

SGT AT ARMS

BrinD
"many players will waste alot of lights trying to un-fog every tile. Effectively
also would facilitate every fog tile need'n to be opened." NIcely worded - wasted is exactly correct

Heimdahl

Not a fan. Seems simple enough if you have unlimited artifacts to constantly buy lights but I don't have the time to constantly be on the game in order to gather the artifacts. Have always managed to get 8 or 9 of the items needed to evolve the buildings in the past but can't see a way of doing that this time round.Lucky for me I only play this game as a means to relax after a long hard day at work.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ve always managed to get 8 or 9 of the items needed to evolve the buildings in the past but can't see a way of doing that this time round.Lucky for me I only play this game as a means to relax after a long hard day at work.
I was terrible at collecting from around my city on Beta, managed to get maybe 6 per day, and still got 10 Evolutions and a second witch hut.
To be fair, I have had experience with this style of event from other games, so I knew how to play it from the start.