• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I second this.... way too many clicks makes it ridiculous if donating 100 KP and having to collect a badge for every 10 KP

I get the no stacking for the other badges, but this should be changed.

Also.... FA starts on Thursday,
Spire ends Friday and won't start til Sunday
Ghost in a Bottle needs 3 Spire battle per badge

How long this FA will be?

Only 6 and a bit days.
But the new-style FA requires players to stockpile items well in advance.
The limiting items for the average player who can only make a limited amount are Bracelets (bulk goods) and Residue (Vision Vapor).
If your fellowship start collecting the other 14 items immediately the event starts, you ought to have plenty left over.

Arkadia

Well, i never cared for the FA, and these changes don't seem to change that, so we'll just blow through it doing 1 path each stage.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I second this.... way too many clicks makes it ridiculous if donating 100 KP and having to collect a badge for every 10 KP
I get the no stacking for the other badges, but this should be changed.
What's the difference? Why not allow the stacking of all badges? It's just as stupid to make me hand in the quest twice when collecting 10 toolboxes or 10x when collecting 30 marble pillars as it is to flip back and forth during wonder KP.
There is no good reason not to allow overflow to count just like vision vapor in the crafter. If there is any concern that some badges like the gain relics or goods may become ~5% easier then just ask for 5% more of them.

No one finds handing in more times to be more fun.

For years we begged for a better FA system than cycling through 16 quests and I always pointed out that whatever system they chose should allow us to sweep our city and allow overflow. When this system was done everyone praised them because literally, anything would have been an improvement.
The few dissenting voices were drowned out and we were told that if we allowed overflow then too many badges would be "made by accident" making the FA too easy. No one listened when we tried to explain that making 7 blacksmith badges by accident isn't a thing...

Last edited:

Kekune

No one finds handing in more times to be more fun, and most importantly it doesn't make anyone spend more diamonds either.
Gotta disagree with the second half of that. Screwing up a pickup is one of the times I'm most likely to spend a time instant, and I'd assume diamond spenders would be likely to spend diamonds.

When I've run 10 toolboxes but accidentally collect 6 for that first badge instead of 5... I'm awfully tempted (and sometimes give in) to correct that mistake so I still end up with 2 blacksmiths. My mistake is irritating, and I want to fix it, and I suspect that's why they do it this way.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm awfully tempted (and sometimes give in) to correct that mistake so I still end up with 2 blacksmiths. My mistake is irritating, and I want to fix it, and I suspect that's why they do it this way.
Shhhh you're not helping lol ;)

But seriously, increasing sales by making players pay for misclicks is the dirtiest F2P monetization there is and should be discouraged at every opportunity.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
the thing that irritates me the most about badge collection is that they DON"T stack. You win 3 CC's in the spire, you should get three druid staffs. It is necessary to be careful in the MA because with a fully upgraded MA, I will be collecting more badges than is necessary for the hat... therefore it totally stinks that they don't stack. ALLOW stacking

And for the love of little puppies, give us a way to save a certain number of badges per adventure. I'm not saying save all of them... but allow us to save like ten. It's not like ten of any single badge will be the difference in getting in the top three...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And for the love of little puppies, give us a way to save a certain number of badges per adventure. I'm not saying save all of them... but allow us to save like ten. It's not like ten of any single badge will be the difference in getting in the top three..
  • Who gets to save them, Just the group, just one individual (maybe the Archmage) or each individual? Because 25X10=250 badges saved and could easily make the difference in getting top three if you decide to skip one FA in order to have 250 ghost in a bottle ready to go for the next adventure.
  • What happens if the 250 badges a team saved are not used in the next FA? Are they going to complain about that and ask for a way to convert to different badges?

jesikrey

The amount of work we have to put in for the rewards seems not worth it. The building for this FA event was useless to me. I'm only putting effort into it because my fellowship members do have a need for this building and want to upgrade it to the max. Oh well... keep on keeping on.

BrinDarby

Central European Time. Europe is six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time

@ what time does it start....... dont just say it starts on thursday or CET is 6 hrs off......
I was polite and ask'd....... why cant someone say...... it6 starts @ 6am Cet or Midnight Est , if thats the case....

When......... does..........the.........FA...........Start ?????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
@ what freak'n time does it start....... dont just say it starts on thursday or CET is 6 hrs off......
I was polite and ask'd....... why cant someone say...... it6 starts @ 6am Cet or Midnight Est , if thats the case....

When......... does..........the.........FA...........Start ?????????????????????????????????????????
In the morning EST. Beyond that, I don't think Elvenar wants to commit, so they leave it vague.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
well, Ashrem, if they allowed the save... then maybe they could have them held, but at a limit of ten, so if you don't use those badges during the following FA, there are still only 10. So, the chest with the badges would open and if you don't use them, you can resave them for the next FA, but if you don't participate in that FA, they are out of the chest and will disappear because you didn't resave.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
well, Ashrem, if they allowed the save... then maybe they could have them held, but at a limit of ten, so if you don't use those badges during the following FA, there are still only 10. So, the chest with the badges would open and if you don't use them, you can resave them for the next FA, but if you don't participate in that FA, they are out of the chest and will disappear because you didn't resave.
A limit of ten per player is still 250 badges saved for the fellowship. That's a huge boost if a team is only a little bit careful. A player can participate without going all in, and the team comes out of the gate the next time with a large lead.

BrinDarby

@Ashrem ,
You underestimate the top 20 FSs, who would all have thier 250 xtra saved in advance.
Or even find a way to swap in/out members easily with thier 25 to make sure they get 250.
-----------

The system itself rewards too little for the amount of time spent... Lets see , the top 20 FSs outta
over 1500 in my world get a bldg xtra and of those really, only the top 3 are worth a crap.... There
are no theme'd bldgs in a FA, and other than 2 artifacts, a carting library, and yet another ferris wheel,
(basically) there are no xtra prizes/bldgs for the other 1490 FSs ..... sry 1 xtra 5hr boost, for top 100 FSs
doesn't count in my book.

All the major waypoints should have chests, and each level should have 1 theme'd bldg... say 1 of each
of... ohhh, 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 ... They should be kept to the same theme so that giving away 1 artifact on
lvl2/3 would make sense then..... So basically, Misty Forest individule event, then a Misty Forest FA.
The FA lvl bldgs need to be different than anything from the ind. event, to encorage playing both.

The Pit, must be tweaked to accept ALL xtra badges earned.... not just 1/2 of them , leaving the other
1/2 to be unused and thus wasted..... Just wieght all badges against themselves, and then allow ANY
3 different badges to be used.... that makes it somewhat logistical to use up what that fellowship has
left in an efficient and collective manner.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem ,
You underestimate the top 20 FSs, who would all have thier 250 xtra saved in advance.
Or even find a way to swap in/out members easily with thier 25 to make sure they get 250.
I don't know how you come up with that. I think I am less likely than most to underestimate how aggressive the top teams are. With the suggestion of saved badges, the top teams will have hundreds of badges ready to harvest when the event starts, and will also each have 250 saved badges from the last one. The idea is not going to equalize things in some way, it's going to make it worse. Push cities will be stuffed with 250 hard-to-obtain badges during this event so that they can be rotated in for the next event.

Last edited:

Arkadia

Has anyone crunched the #'s for the easiest path on each of the 3 stages for a FS that does not care about rank?

That depends what ur FS is good at.
We're a tourney and Spire FS, and most of our players are in ch17, so no space unless Teleporting out some buildings.
We'll be doing Orange all the way. Which will leave us w a buncha Brewers, but have a few who will be mass producing them. :)

:rolleyes: can we mix the T1s for the jewelry badges, or they have to be the same type per badge?
meaning 2x planks or 2x marbles for a Statue, or can we mix, like 2x planks + 1x marble for a Necklaces?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That depends what ur FS is good at.
We're a tourney and Spire FS, and most of our players are in ch17, so no space unless Teleporting out some buildings.
We'll be doing Orange all the way. Which will leave us w a buncha Brewers, but have a few who will be mass producing them. :)

:rolleyes: can we mix the T1s for the jewelry badges, or they have to be the same type per badge?
meaning 2x planks or 2x marbles for a Statue, or can we mix, like 2x planks + 1x marble for a Necklaces?

Orange is not the better path on stage 3. One spot alone needs 30+ Residue badges, and all 3 paths need at least 35 Bracelets. So the center/blue path is the easier one.

And mix and match for making necklace and statue badges. Any combination works.