• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks for proving my point!
Your overall point seems to be the way to help small cities is to guess at what they might need and post it for them. I respectfully disagree.
If your interim point was whether we can do something or whether we will do something: you could have just quoted the first post where I said I wouldn't do it instead of arguing that I could do it.
Edit to add:
objections have gone from, I don't have time to
I admit to not keeping a record. Since you have, please point me to any post where this "I don't have time to' was said. I can't find it.

Dew Spinner

Your overall point seems to be the way to help small cities is to guess at what they might need and post it for them. I respectfully disagree.
If your interim point was whether we can do something or whether we will do something: you could have just quoted the first post where I said I wouldn't do it instead of arguing that I could do it.
Edit to add:

I admit to not keeping a record. Since you have, please point me to any post where this "I don't have time to' was said. I can't find it.
There are ONLY 9 goods, not much guessing would be entailed. So now we have moved on from I won't to I don't know how.

Dew Spinner

Edit to add:

What happened to the excuse...I don't have time...spending lots of time with me tonight!

Dew Spinner

A large part of the guesswork is trade size. The suggestion was that we post "small" trades. How much is that?

If I post, say, 500 of something but the player can only afford 100 then it's just as useless to them as if I hadn't posted at all. If I go smaller to make sure anybody can take it, then the player who actually needs 500 is only gonna get 50, and then they're in the same pickle they were originally. What's solved by that?
Now we have gone from, I don't have time to, I don't want to to, I can't to, I won't to, I don't know how to, I wouldn't know the amounts. Keep them excuses coming!

Dew Spinner

What happened to the excuse...I don't have time...spending lots of time with me tonight!
The most vocal concern was players would not have time for this and I think you know this already! I never said YOU said it personally but that is just another deflection tactic because all of the excuses I have tallied so far, you can't surmount. That's the problem with "excuses" they usually turn out to be invalid.

Dew Spinner

I'm with you, Kekune. Some people are determined to misunderstand everyone and devolve this into insanity. I'm outta here. Let's go get some hot chocolate. :)
People who are "right" don't quit a discussion when they can prove they are right. I tallied the excuses and you, as in the global you, could not argue against them because it was you, as in the global you, that offered them as excuses, as to why this would be impossible. I have to admit the funniest one is "I don't have time" seeing everyone, as in the global everyone, has had plenty of time to throw out excuse after excuse on this forum. Now go check those notifications before any fall off!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Dew Spinner I have a new "complaint" I would like to move to the top of my list please:

I just checked my area, and it's worse than we thought.
At the end of chapter 1 you need 10 provinces cleared to advance to chapter 2
That's the 6 provinces around your city + some of the next ring.
Clearing 2 full rings around your city is 24 provinces. Way more than you need to get into chapter 2.
Clearing 3 full rings around your city is good for 50 encounters, enough to get into chapter 4
I checked and I have zero players in chapters 1,2, or 3 within 4 rings of me.
Any player who has cleared 200% of the provinces required to enter the next chapter doesn't need little trades from me.

So yeah... Me posting small trades without a 50% penalty that help chapter 1,2, or 3 players is impossible.

Dew Spinner

So, prove you're right. Just go to the post where someone (anyone!) said they didn't have time, right click on the time of the post, click 'copy link address' in the pop up and insert the link in a post here. I'm still waiting...
Seeing you have quit the discussion to go have hot chocolate, you have already proven your excuses to be bunk. Anyone who thought they had legitimate excuses would not leave the discussion to go have hot chocolate, they would stay and continue with their "right" position, not up to me anymore to prove anything! What's the next excuse, I want to keep the log current.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner I have a new "complaint" I would like to move to the top of my list please:

I just checked my area, and it's worse than we thought.
At the end of chapter 1 you need 10 provinces cleared to advance to chapter 2
That's the 6 provinces around your city + some of the next ring.
Clearing 2 full rings around your city is 24 provinces. Way more than you need to get into chapter 2.
Clearing 3 full rings around your city is good for 50 encounters, enough to get into chapter 4
I checked and I have zero players in chapters 1,2, or 3 within 4 rings of me.
Any player who has cleared 200% of the provinces required to enter the next chapter doesn't need little trades from me.

So yeah... Me posting small trades without a 50% penalty that help chapter 1,2, or 3 players is impossible.
Over scouting is a big no-no in this game, please don't promote it to new players who might be reading this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Over scouting is a big no-no in this game
First of all, that's not true. you can scout 24/7 up to 200 cleared provinces without getting stuck. (orcs are required for province #223)
So if you only overscout by ~50% you're totally fine.
After chapter 8 scout non-stop without worry.
please don't promote it to new players who might be reading this.
I'm not, read my post, all it shows is that the idea put forward in this thread doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.