• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Okay, this daily prize shuffling is getting weirder. They put the Lava Egg on day 1, and assuming they removed it from day 11 for this. The day 1 prize became the day 2 prize, so figured they just moved the first 10 back a day to compensate for the Lava Egg. But day 3 stayed the buggy coin rain/portal profit, depending on chapter, so maybe it was not so simple. And now the day 2 prize is the day 4 prize, and we are back on track for most of the first 10 to be moved back a day. Because of this, I would not be expecting the Lava Egg to show again on day 11. So save for it, just in case, but do not be disappointed if it is not there.

Torcuato

I have a question about the artifacts and grand prizes. The rotation for grand prizes says "after enough after enough artifacts are won to fully evolve the evolving building" you get a new building. What happens if you don't claim the 2 artifacts from the series of quests? Does still the evolving building shows up or you get a new rotation?
the reason: I have a Fire phoenix at level 5, so I want 10 artifacts. You only get 9 here and have to get a new building and if you're very lucky then another artifact (that's a lot of essence to reach that far) so I was hoping to skip the building from showing up.
Thanks

Sprite1313

I have a question about the artifacts and grand prizes. The rotation for grand prizes says "after enough after enough artifacts are won to fully evolve the evolving building" you get a new building. What happens if you don't claim the 2 artifacts from the series of quests? Does still the evolving building shows up or you get a new rotation?
the reason: I have a Fire phoenix at level 5, so I want 10 artifacts. You only get 9 here and have to get a new building and if you're very lucky then another artifact (that's a lot of essence to reach that far) so I was hoping to skip the building from showing up.
Thanks
The building is going to show up in the grand prize queue, even if you don’t claim the artifact from the quest line. Sorry. :(

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
ninja'd by @Sprite1313 but posting anyway :p
What happens if you don't claim the 2 artifacts from the series of quests?
If it works like it has in past events, claiming the 2 artifacts won't have any impact at all as it's the sequence of grand prizes. In the following sequence, A is artifact:
A1/other/A2/other/A3/other/A4/other/A5/other/A6/other/A7/evolving bldg

DeletedUser27062

You are only allowed 1 of these. If you have 1 in either your city or in your inventory then it will stop appearing in the Magic Academy. I crafted the Aureate Phoenix even though I have no intention of ever using it just to get it to stop appearing. That way I have a better chance of getting buildings I actually want to show up in the future.

Do you know if anyone has tested if this actually happens? In one of my cities I crafted all one-off buildings in the hopes of increasing my chances of getting military booster buildings but found it didn't. It seems i just get offered more orc, vallorian & culture buildings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks

The milestone prizes and the grand prizes are totally separate. For grand prizes, you have to win 13 total to get to another building base, 7 artifacts and 6 filler prizes. You have to win the 2nd base before you can win an 8th artifact. There should also be a Fellowship Adventure after the event, with two more artifacts as prizes. So get 10 total is not that hard. The problem is getting the conversion recipe to show up 5 times before it goes away. And having the artifacts and catalysts ready when you get the recipe.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Do you know if anyone has tested if this actually happens?
It's just how probabilities work. If there are 30 possible bldgs that can show up and there are 3 bldgs you want, the odds of getting one of those 3 is less than if there are 25 possible bldgs that can show up.
The RNG still has wide swings for individual results. I thought the RNG here hated me until I heard some of the really 'out on the fringes of the bell curve' horror stories, some of which were relayed over time and never seemed to improve. Now, I still think the RNG hates me, but less so than some other poor souls, lol!

DeletedUser27062

I'm pretty frustrated with this event. I don't know why Inno chooses to use the 'random chest' format instead of formats like the postboxes in the Winter Magic event. With the random chests I feel like I have a chance at a chance of getting a decent chest and then a minute chance of actually getting what I want with no guarantee of getting any.

These events aren't simply a fun distraction but also supposed to be a way of updating culture buildings in our cities. Given there is no way you can earn enough blueprints and RR to upgrade all your buildings we have to replace them as we progress. The culture building in the builder menu are rubbish and I haven't built anything from there since chapter 2 so your choices are premium culture or event buildings.
With the postbox style I could strategically target the things I wanted and was guaranteed to get at least 1 of my targets per board. There are no such guarantees with the rotating chest. In one city I spent 2000 feathers targeting a daily building and got none. I'm pi$$ed off. No doubt I'll end up getting 27 of something I don't want/need.

DeletedUser27062

It's just how probabilities work. If there are 30 possible bldgs that can show up and there are 3 bldgs you want, the odds of getting one of those 3 is less than if there are 25 possible bldgs that can show up.
The RNG still has wide swings for individual results. I thought the RNG here hated me until I heard some of the really 'out on the fringes of the bell curve' horror stories, some of which were relayed over time and never seemed to improve. Now, I still think the RNG hates me, but less so than some other poor souls, lol!

Yes and I'd agree with you if all the buildings cycled through the MA were governed purely by RNG but we know that they aren't. 'Rare' buildings show up less often than ordinary buildings and I'm sure I read a comment by Inno staff to that effect somewhere (I could be wrong though).
EDIT: I'm probably wrong about this. Found a thread about it which I'm reading now.

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Eudaemonia
If you really want to see an analysis of the crafting recipe frequencies, go here.
That was crowdsourced data from loads of different Elvenar players and the analysis is done by a math brain (@MinMax Gamer) way more advanced than mine (doesn't take much, lol! I just try hard to follow the basics.)
After all that work, Inno separated out which items can appear in which slots, which I *think* had an impact on that analysis though I'm not sure about that and don't really know how or if it changed the recipe frequency. The frequency (?probability?) may have stayed the same and the items were just grouped differently.
Still hasn't changed the huge swing due solely to RNG. I maintain an inventory of 190-200 pet food in one city; 110-120 in the other and use them at will to always have a fire chicken fed during tourneys/spire, feed the polar bear every week, feed brown bear whenever I want, feed storm chicken 1x2x's per day during FA's for bracelets, etc. @ed1960 probably hasn't gotten 50 total pet food recipes in the past 6 months and might have to total more than one city together to reach that!

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia
If you really want to see an analysis of the crafting recipe frequencies, go here.
That was crowdsourced data from loads of different Elvenar players and the analysis is done by a math brain (@MinMax Gamer) way more advanced than mine (doesn't take much, lol! I just try hard to follow the basics.)
After all that work, Inno separated out which items can appear in which slots, which I *think* had an impact on that analysis though I'm not sure about that and don't really know how or if it changed the recipe frequency. The frequency (?probability?) may have stayed the same and the items were just grouped differently.
Still hasn't changed the huge swing due solely to RNG. I maintain an inventory of 190-200 pet food in one city; 110-120 in the other and use them at will to always have a fire chicken fed during tourneys/spire, feed the polar bear every week, feed brown bear whenever I want, feed storm chicken 1x2x's per day during FA's for bracelets, etc. @ed1960 probably hasn't gotten 50 total pet food recipes in the past 6 months and might have to total more than one city together to reach that!

Thank you for the link. The math blows my mind too! I usually shadow @SoggyShorts posts to get insight on the maths lol.

I think there's no way of knowing whether crafting 1-off buildings helps or not. Certainly if players have an excess of CC it can't hurt to do it.

Deleted User - 849140110

Hi, I am new to this and apologize in advance for asking a newbie question. I keep seeing ads about evolving one's phoenix, but I don't understand how one gets a phoenix in order to evolve it?

Sprite1313

Hi, I am new to this and apologize in advance for asking a newbie question. I keep seeing ads about evolving one's phoenix, but I don't understand how one gets a phoenix in order to evolve it?

Welcome; and don’t apologize for asking questions. We‘ve all been there. ;) If you look at the event quest line, you will see the phoenix base after the fifth task. You could also win a base if you cycle through the grand prizes enough. After the seventh artifact, a base will appear in the cycle.

1A55F42F-C54F-4ADC-981F-B81FC350A1C9.jpeg

That’s the Ashen Phoenix base from this event.

You can also craft bases for the other phoenix buildings (like the Fire Phoenix), and then use the artifacts from this event. For that, you will need two of these artifacts and ten combining catalysts to make one artifact, so you probably won‘t be able to evolve it very far). Many players would prefer to evolve a Fire or other phoenix, since they are better buildings. It gets expensive, though.

Hope that helps.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm pretty frustrated with this event. I don't know why Inno chooses to use the 'random chest' format instead of formats like the postboxes in the Winter Magic event. With the random chests I feel like I have a chance at a chance of getting a decent chest and then a minute chance of actually getting what I want with no guarantee of getting any.

These events aren't simply a fun distraction but also supposed to be a way of updating culture buildings in our cities. Given there is no way you can earn enough blueprints and RR to upgrade all your buildings we have to replace them as we progress. The culture building in the builder menu are rubbish and I haven't built anything from there since chapter 2 so your choices are premium culture or event buildings.
With the postbox style I could strategically target the things I wanted and was guaranteed to get at least 1 of my targets per board. There are no such guarantees with the rotating chest. In one city I spent 2000 feathers targeting a daily building and got none. I'm pi$$ed off. No doubt I'll end up getting 27 of something I don't want/need.
I remember many people actually detested the postbox type of prize board, and wished we'd get the chests back. I myself prefer the chests (especially when you consider the horrible "2x" prize, that you could get on the last box to net you a big goose egg. That's worse than a random chest and that happened to me twice.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I remember many people actually detested the postbox type of prize board, and wished we'd get the chests back. I myself prefer the chests (especially when you consider the horrible "2x" prize, that you could get on the last box to net you a big goose egg. That's worse than a random chest and that happened to me twice.)

Not being mean or anything here, but I know you played the Winter event with the post boxes, so I guess you don't remember you had control of when to use the 2X and Reveal 2? They were no longer random.