• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Leagues... Thanks

CrusaderMichael

Glad you're doing things that add rewards and make things go faster for players (KP specifically I'm thinking of but you have other rewards in the League rewards).

In the youtube video, the guys talking about how they want this sort of thing going forward in the game is a very good sign.

Rewards for all levels of players.

The mat requirements to do well in spire/tourneys and continue to grow through chapters feels fine to me (i'm only end of dwarves though but assume it's balanced good all the way through)... speed to advance through chapters is the only thing i haven't been quite liking. Faster = better and these rewards will slightly to possibly greatly work for me to that end.

Glad you're doing this.

Guurt The Destroyer

I am curious about how the league levels are assigned. From the video it seems there is a hard cut off where you need 272 League points to get into the top category, however, right under that it says 1%. Does the number of League Points change so that 1% is maintained, or could everyone make it into the 1% category if they got over 272 points?

This looks good on paper, more rewards for everyone, but if it really is just 1% of players that get the top category, and 5% for the next category, then that could mean that the vast majority of players will never get the better rewards as they can't compete with top 6% percent of players, or maybe even the top 26% of players.

Iyapo1

@Guurt The Destroyer

Linking the best explanation I have heard so far here:
Leagues are fluid - so they WILL change their thresholds as the event progress. (leagues update every hour)

Each time you pick a 'chest', you will earn a type of 'progress resource' that is what the leagues are based on. (...so, basically if you simply focus on getting as many 'Grand Prizes' as possible, you will earn more/higher league progress)

At the end of the event, you will get the rewards for your current league standing only!
ie: if you finish in Bronze League (top 20% of the server), you will get only the rewards listed under the Bronze League banner

Generally speaking, as long as you fully 100% finish ALL the quests + gain every daily pick-up + pick-up a moderate amount of the incidents around your city, you are basically guaranteed a Bronze League finish.
Now, if you focus ONLY on being as hyper-efficient as possible towards Grand Prizes, AND, 100% the quest line AND get every single daily log-in AND maximise the incident pick-ups around your city, then you have a decent shot at hitting Silver League w/out spending any diamonds.

Gold League of course will be entirely for the credit card warriors only. :p

Basically, this is another FoE import that simply gives you a few extra rewards just for participating... as long as you fully finish the event, you get a couple decent bonuses for your otherwise normal efforts. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Okay, so a system to separate the haves from the have-nots.
Indeed, and imo introducing PvP into a P2W game is a dangerous precedent.
I'm quite confident that I will rank well but my success will mean someone else's failure, and this wasn't that sort of game before other than the FA which was tolerable because the prizes are so forgettable.
Having your results dictated by random strangers with whom you have no other interaction is not where I had hoped this game was going.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is not more PvP than the FA.
That's not a great defense, I think the FA PvP is shit too. :p
The difference is that the prizes in the FA are garbage, and in the event, we're talking about a Set.
This escalation/game direction concerns me- not for myself since I'm pretty sure I'll do well, but for the health of the game.

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

Indeed, and imo introducing PvP into a P2W game is a dangerous precedent.
I'm quite confident that I will rank well but my success will mean someone else's failure, and this wasn't that sort of game before other than the FA which was tolerable because the prizes are so forgettable.
Having your results dictated by random strangers with whom you have no other interaction is not where I had hoped this game was going.

Pretty much wondering what Inno had in mind with this one. Seems like a cutthroat sort of endeavor and not something I would have expected in this game. Better left to other games in the Inno inventory. What works and is accepted in other Inno offerings may not transition well to Elvenar. Effort to reward table is a failure as well. I have a low ranking score for this one.