• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Leagues... Thanks

Iyapo1

but it's pretty much true that, as you noted, theirs a "weird flex folks do about being a cashless city" for a reason -- it's seen as improper to spend money on your city because it is imagined that those doing so are some how not playing fair! It's seen as "buying" a win or high ranking rather than as supporting the game.

AJ
I have two linked cities and a cashless alt. I do flex my cashless alt because I am proud of it. My addiction to crafting makes my cashless alt a diamond digging dervish! Fully upgraded MA, still buying expansions, 4k left in the kitty even after blowing diamonds on gold last event (Pilgrim's Manor). My cashless city is doing really well! My linked cities have more expansions, more builders and more in the kitty but I did not have to work nearly as hard on them.
Not everyone who flexes disapproves of spending.

Veesviewpoint

It's a good point to say that they need the players. The players do bring the community and that's important. But if the community doesn't spend, Inno doesn't need it or the game, right?

In any case, we can certainly disagree on some of the specifics, and, perhaps, my comments about the player base might be a bit stronger than intended, but it's pretty much true that, as you noted, theirs a "weird flex folks do about being a cashless city" for a reason -- it's seen as improper to spend money on your city because it is imagined that those doing so are some how not playing fair! It's seen as "buying" a win or high ranking rather than as supporting the game. How many times have we denigrated the idea of "Pay to Win?" Yet, isn't there some amount that would be acceptable to voluntarily pay to play? I'm not suggesting P2W should be the standard, but that we all need to adopt a more "Free to Contribute" attitude and if we do we may get better long term results.

AJ
..."and I would respectfully concur (Forum)...when you are growing/participating in a Fellowship where the core group of mates, are eager to learn...we share info,
... want to assist others and help/encourage the "newbies"/Fellowship Grow."
When mates have already shown their dedication...regardless on the time zones...education...financial abilities (students, Moms, Dads, granfolks., etc)...want to participate in something that is fun, cohesive and supportive...not based on the $$$ etc...it's Awesome!

So, on occasions, to help bring/help advance teammates/Fellowship...some will donate a few $$ on a "Free to Contribute"basis.
Never asked or discussed...and certainly not major bucks.
INNO can't do that...only us.

Being a part of a (Fellowship) team...growing, dynamic, caring, non-intrusive group of folks...who may share on occasions...where they are from, what they are about, who they are and what something like this means to them...in their everyday...work, life, etc."

And with all that is going on right now (World).
We seek information, at all levels. Thank you for giving your insights...it is helpful, in some way or another for so many team mates.

Mates are looking for something...that promotes learning, participation...and a bit of fun...and interesting conversations.
At first, a wee couple years ago now...I thought, wow what a great group of folks(Forum)...I was thankful for all the levels of participation...and info of those who have been here for so long.) Still do. :)

Thinking...folks need to respect of the ever changing experience (with INNO) and the "gifts of knowledge" so many willingly present.
It seems an ever changing, growing, dynamic of this sometimes "weird" journey we all participate, learn, prepare, together.
Always changing...always learning. Vees ;)

The Unbeliever

Let's ask ourselves why the game changes. The answer is so simple. To make money. Every change in the game is to increase revenues. Some things work, some not so much. Some things have long term positive consequences, some negative. But one thing is certain....if revenues were distributed across all players evenly Inno wold make a lot more money AND not have to go in directions that chase the emotional spenders. Emotional spenders are chased with PVP situations, and thus, if the amount of revenues doesn't encourage refraining from PVP aspects they will creep in.

I've been gaming nearly 20 years and I've seen it happen in game after game. The F2P crowd grabs the game and over time, because less than 2 percent actually spend enough (in the 5-15 dollars per month range), the game has to seek out the credit card warriors and implement what excites them to spend. Some games get to the point where the balance between PVP and non-PVP tips into the PVP direction. Then and people actually start leaving. A "PVP areana" type thing is usually the first sign. Other games just close up shop and the players who have spent years building whatever they have built say adios to their creation.

So, the answer is not to blame Inno, but the inherent, -- dare I say it? -- "cheapness" of the average F2P gamer. Look how many times people say things like, "I never buy diamonds!" as if it's a badge of honor to have gotten as far as you have without spending any real money! A better thought is to ask yourself, "what's the value I derive from this game?" Is it better than a the two hours of entertainment you get from the theater? If so, shouldn't you put in at least that much a month? I spend about 2-3 hours on my cities a day. I think $10 per month on average makes it a bargain in entertainment. So why not give up a movie and put the money toward something that gives you a lot more (measured in time spent) value for the money?

Just my thoughts on the reality of being a gaming company and dealing with the F2P crowd.

AJ
Yes, I'm a 1000% FtP only player, and the only diamonds I'll spend are those we win in-game...

Now it's not because I'm some filthy cheapskate. Rather, I am a Warhammer 40k player as well, and that plastic crack is where my entire 'gaming budget' gets sunk. :p
...and yes, despite knowing full well that I have too many armies as it is, I'm now starting an Ork army because well, what self-respecting 40k fan can resist unicycle bomb squigs?! I mean, just look at this little guy;
1628464869949.png

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yes, I'm a 1000% FtP only player, and the only diamonds I'll spend are those we win in-game...

Now it's not because I'm some filthy cheapskate.

Hmmm..... so because I go to a local theater 4 times a week to watch (and pay for) movies, I shouldn't say "thanks" by making a small donation when, having attended the local parks and recreation showing of some movie, they ask? I'm not sure "I gave at the office already" makes sense if the office in which you gave was supporting one charity while the guy at your front door is supporting another. Maybe the fair way to do it would be to divide the charitable contributions among all the charities you support in proportion to the amount of positive things you get from making the donation.

But of course, the fact that you don't give anything here does not make you a "filthy cheapskate" it just means you have prioritized to the point that this game isn't worth taking anything from that game. That's a personal measure of the relative value of each game and you are, certainly, free to make it.

Still, I'd like to see you value Elvenar a bit more. :p;)

AJ

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Hmmm..... so because I go to a local theater 4 times a week to watch (and pay for) movies, I shouldn't say "thanks" by making a small donation when, having attended the local parks and recreation showing of some movie, they ask? I'm not sure "I gave at the office already" makes sense if the office in which you gave was supporting one charity while the guy at your front door is supporting another. Maybe the fair way to do it would be to divide the charitable contributions among all the charities you support in proportion to the amount of positive things you get from making the donation.

But of course, the fact that you don't give anything here does not make you a "filthy cheapskate" it just means you have prioritized to the point that this game isn't worth taking anything from that game. That's a personal measure of the relative value of each game and you are, certainly, free to make it.

Still, I'd like to see you value Elvenar a bit more. :p;)

AJ
I agree, no one would expect to go to the record store and get free records!

BrinDarby

@ajqtrz ,
I have never seen a popup advert while playing Elvenar, sure ElvenGems, but not Elvenar.
F2P's meaning has changed due to Google, even if we don't "see" a cost, there is one.

Having said that, where is the option to fund Elvenar annonymously ... by that I mean
go to the grocery store, buy a 10-20$ Elvenar card, then use that ingame to buy stuff with ???
Or ( ohh noooooo ) let diamonds be tradeable, thus a CH10 player could pay a CH2 player
to make T1 for them, and just pay Inno 5$ a week, thus pay the CH2 player so that the CH10
player can delete T1 production, and focus on another good/tier for the same city space ...

Not to mention Inno allows ... Farming .... Pushing .... and Multi-accounting ... so really , who
needs to pay $$$$, almost noone ... hehehehe

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Having said that, where is the option to fund Elvenar annonymously ... by that I mean
go to the grocery store, buy a 10-20$ Elvenar card, then use that ingame to buy stuff with ???

Pssst, go into the purchase menu on the browser, where you choose what type of card to use, and players in the US can buy CVS and Dollar General pre-paid gift cards and use them in Elvenar to buy stuff without using a credit card.