• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Leagues... Thanks

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
There was one statement in the youtube video inno put out that caught my attention. Lukas said "Right now, your earning currency, your spending it, your getting rewards, but you have nothing to show for it in the end."

Now i fully understand what he meant, and im not criticizing the statement. - But it is partially incorrect imo. It is true that there is no final reward when the event ends. Iv always considered the 'final rewards' to be the last rewards i picked up; whether tis form the chests/cashing in, or grabbing that grand prize or artifact. And I usually cash in the majority of my points before the final day. So i get all my rewards.. jsut before the final moments of the event. So even tho there is no big final separate prize at the very end.. the idea that 'you have nothing to show for it in the end' i feel is wrong. - It would be cool to have a graphic show up at the end of each event in the past that showed every single reward you got during the event. We get them slowly put surely over the event time, so we often dont realize just how much we got. So a final tally would have been cool and rly showed ppl what there getting out of the event. (no need for this now tho.)

But as i said, i do understand what lukas meant when he said that. I just get annoyed at the idea of players complaining that there not getting anything from the events. Cause we actually get a good bit over all. Its just broken up over the event time.

All that being said.. i think the leagues idea is a pretty cool idea. Well see how it goes when its implemented.

The biggest thing i noticed was on the League graphic on the youtube video. It showed artifacts. If we could get those two fa artifacts form League and not have to have an FA after every single event... that would be pretty awesome. At least until i noticed the % part...

I didnt notice the % part listed when i first watched the video. I saw 5 categories; hobby, amateur, bronze, silver, gold. And i just thought it would be a static number. And where even each player lands (based on completion) is where they land. - Then i saw the percentages. And that changes it a good bit. Especially for the artifacts in the graphic they used. In that graphic, only the top 1% got the 2 artifacts. The top 5% got 1 artifact... and none for everyone else. So that would be bad for the idea of letting league take over for those far to many FA's, in terms of artifacts. - Granted, the amount of evolving buildings out there is getting high. But if they are to be continued giving out as prizes in events, then i would suggest making the artifacts in league much more accessible then just the top 1-5 percentage.

Honestly, The only thing that bothers me about this league idea are the artifacts i jsut mentioned. Every thing else seem pretty interesting. So i hope they address that artifact issue.

... ... ... That being said... ... .. Why is there no Garden artifacts in the league portion of the event in beta? (Im not on beta but iv seen reports and pictures.) Seems like a good opportunity to be fully caught up. Every event for a long while now has had an evolving building with artifacts followed by an FA with 2 more artifacts. But the garden event is over on beta and there is no fa this time (which is a nice break). I would have thought that League would be a good place and time to throw those two artifacts into. That way at the end of this first league event, you are fully caught up on the '2 post event artifacts'. Since the first league event is one that is rewarding a set piece, there will be no artifacts for it. So it seems a good time to catch it all up.

(what would be truly interesting/terrifying is when they decide to go ahead with a set building where each individual piece is an evolving building... would be chaos lol. And probably a year or two long worth of events to finish it all... but that could be better then 12 new evolving buildings we wont place.)

But im interested to see how this plays out.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Indeed, and imo introducing PvP into a P2W game is a dangerous precedent.
Pretty much wondering what Inno had in mind with this one. Seems like a cutthroat sort of endeavor and not something I would have expected in this game. Better left to other games in the Inno inventory. What works and is accepted in other Inno offerings may not transition well to Elvenar. Effort to reward table is a failure as well. I have a low ranking score for this one.

I dont really see this as a pvp thing. Its not like were attacking other cities to steal resources or anything. The only thing 'competing' is a score. Its not like you lose anything from having a lower score in this case either. The league rewards are just that.. extra rewards. And i dont see getting 'less extra rewards' as a horrible thing.. your still getting extra stuff.

Iyapo1

This is not worse than the FA. Why is this so much more out of line? Is it really just the prize? @SoggyShorts

So, if Inno offers a prize that is worth paying for...that is bad? Are you not one of the ones advocating for better prizes in the FA?

The Unbeliever

If you're already an active daily player, (ie: the type who collects every 3hrs + your 9hr overnight productions), then the only thing you have to worry about as far as Leagues go is getting RNG screwed on the bonus event currencies from the chests/beacons of power/etc...

Leagues are honestly meant to be a carrot on a stick to the majority of the player base who are by definition, casuals who log in 1-3x a day & generally only ever complete events by the very skin of their teeth. (...if they even manage to finish all the quests to begin with!:p)
Likewise, the majority of the players base have no clue what sites like Gems of Knowledge or Platinum Leaf, etc... are, and thus, tend to just willy-nilly pick chests purely by what they think they like the looks of vs. what's mathematically the most efficient... which of course will mean they will have maybe .01% chance of having a sniff at Silver, and many would probably still bomb out & miss Bronze League too.

Just look at the clusterfeth that was the Halloween event and trying to explain how to go about playing it!lol.
Headaches for days trying in vain to get people moving in the right direction on that one, and plenty of people just threw their hands up and screamed GG vs. even attempting to try and figure out/understand how the event worked...

Same thing will happen here. The forum population is only a tiny fraction of the actual player base, and we're really just a loud minority.
Look at how many people in general still can't manage to gain all 9 artifacts in events, despite the devs making it as damn near to fool proof as they can! >.>
(seriously, when was the last time any of us couldn't make the 9 artifacts from the event itself, unless you missed out on a day/s due to real life and/or simple not caring at all for the offered evo building?!;))

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is not worse than the FA. Why is this so much more out of line? Is it really just the prize? @SoggyShorts
Yes, that and I fear the direction. FA was one, now two, I am concerned that it's a trend.
Are you not one of the ones advocating for better prizes in the FA?
No. I only advocate for better FA prizes in the chests, and for completing more than one path, NOT for the ranking prizes. I'd sooner that they gave worse prizes than increase the ranking prizes.
So, if Inno offers a prize that is worth paying for...that is bad?
Only if it cannot be won by other means or if someone else buying it takes it away from you/stops you from getting it.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
(seriously, when was the last time any of us couldn't make the 9 artifacts from the event itself, unless you missed out on a day/s due to real life and/or simple not caring at all for the offered evo building?!;))

I had absolutely terrible luck on chests in the Ashen Phoenix event. Picked chests that offered extra currency LOTS of times and hardly ever hit. Ended up getting only 8 artifacts in the event itself. Was able to finish the building off in the FA. This was the only time since I was a newbie that I needed the FA for artifacts. Normally I get a full building and a 2nd base in the event.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I had absolutely terrible luck
Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought much about luck yet. Someone else gets the +200 currency chest a bunch of times while you don't and that makes them more worthy of the 1% prize than you? Great.:rolleyes:

So now your outcome is determined by a combination of your luck, someone else's luck, and the spending habits of strangers? Super.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

Even with horrible luck basically getting no bonus currency from the chests, I managed to need only 500 dias to land the 2nd Lv1 Ashen Phoenix. (I literally fell 3 feathers short!)

But then, I always ignore the dailies entirely and only ever go for the most distance efficient chests, since I can eventually build up large stockpiles of the better dailies that constantly reappear year after year...
While I'll spend giant chunks of my currencies on the 2-3 days with a prize I desire, I only win maybe about 50-60% of what others win, because I'd rather make the extra progress on the grand prizes, since unlike in FoE, getting the base Lv1 buildings here is a 'one-and-done' deal in each event. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My dad in his cities is similar, but can't be bothered to constantly be swapping screens to always figure out the most GP efficient choice, so he typically gets a few more dailies, but usually falls 1-2 grand prizes short of what my cities get. :)

Last edited:

Kekune

I haven't been able to watch the video about the Leagues, but it sounds like having extra event currency could affect your standings. It really irks me that they released this concept right AFTER the Ashen phoenix event. It sounds like people might value that feeding effect differently under the new system. I, for one, opted to convert my Ashen artifacts into original phoenix artifacts in case I accidentally delete my fire phoenix some day. Now I'm wondering if I'll regret the decision to buy an insurance policy at the cost of rewards in every event ever.

There's no math in my opinion here... hopefully the Ashen effect won't have an outsized impact on this new league setup. But it *feels* a bit like a bait and switch. I hope I'm wrong about that and just overreacting to uncertainty about the new system.

Iyapo1

Bait and switch is a morally suspect sales tactic that lures customers in with specific claims about the quality or low prices on items that turn out to be unavailable in order to upsell them on a similar, pricier item.

I can't be the only one that looked at the feeding effect on the Ashen and took it as a warning.

Kekune

@Iyapo1 yeah...I couldn't think of a more accurate term in the moment, and felt like people would understand what I meant.

If you can provide a more general term for abruptly changing the value of something after a person has committed to a certain path, I am genuinely curious.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Iyapo1 yeah...I couldn't think of a more accurate term in the moment, and felt like people would understand what I meant.

If you can provide a more general term for abruptly changing the value of something after a person has committed to a certain path, I am genuinely curious.
The value of the Ashen Phoenix hasn't changed. (The Ugly Duckling)
Perhaps "hindsight" would be a better description.

Even unloved and unevolved, the base alone gives a 1% percent increase.

hvariidh gwendrot

are we sure there is a limited number per level ? only so many get to gold, silver etc .. or is it you do so much of X you get the gold rewards ..

qaccy

Mark my words, this League thing is not bonus rewards added to events. After we've seen it in more events, it'll become more apparent that even with the rewards players get from League standings, they're still only barely able to fully level up their evolving buildings. They're just taking grand prizes out and moving them into the Leagues.

You'll probably be seeing less event currency/opening fewer chests during any event that includes the League mechanic.

CrusaderMichael

It amuses me some of you turned "free prizes" in to something possibly bad, a sinister ploy, a road that possibly should not be taken, something to worry about, etc etc. haha.

I just wonder how many people "top 1%" etc, will actually be for my world.

Iyapo1

are we sure there is a limited number per level ? only so many get to gold, silver etc .. or is it you do so much of X you get the gold rewards ..
We are sure. Gold=1%, Silver=5%, Bronze=20%, Amature=50%, Hobby= everybody else.

However there was a MOD post were it was explained that the percentages are not completely fixed. If you make it into the last 1% spot and I match your score. I will also be in the1% league even though you got there first. So the percentages have a bit of flex which expands to include matching scores into the higher ranking league.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

yeah...I couldn't think of a more accurate term in the moment, and felt like people would understand what I meant.
I understood exactly what you said. I also understood the implication of your word choice. As for what you ment...do you mean Inno somehow tricked you into burning Ashen Phoenix Artifacts? They followed SOP.

Split military ques and fewer encounters anyone? That's great. Until they follow it with a formula adjustment.

Free event currency vs original phoenix artifacts had "will not end well" written all over it.

Kekune

do you mean Inno somehow tricked you into burning Ashen Phoenix Artifacts?
I wouldn't say tricked, because that implies intent. But I do think they failed to provide important information, probably because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Split military ques and fewer encounters anyone? That's great. Until they follow it with a formula adjustment.
I accept that it's a living game. However, the things you pointed out there weren't choices; everybody got the good with the bad. It's the timing of this that bugs me more than the actual change. If they'd made a change in a few months, I'd have quickly shrugged it off. But this was clearly in the works before now, and you even say that you spotted a hint of unspoken changes to come:
Free event currency vs original phoenix artifacts had "will not end well" written all over it.
Setting up uninformed decisions that "will not end well" feels like a crummy way to treat your player base. I think it would have been reasonable for them to either announce the Leagues before the phoenix event, or save the event currency feeding effect for an evolving building that arrived after the league concept.

Iyapo1

It was not an uninformed decision. It was a sad sorry little 2% boost in event currency going head to head with a Fire, Storm, and Aureate. Virtually everyone burned the Artifacts. Players ran around encouraging the bonfires and dancing in the flames.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It was not an uninformed decision. It was a sad sorry little 2% boost in event currency going head to head with a Fire, Storm, and Aureate. Virtually everyone burned the Artifacts. Players ran around encouraging the bonfires and dancing in the flames.
I wonder if anyone is going to pay a bit more attention to whatever the new bear is going to do?